It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was the Trump assassination attempt a set up?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDuckEnergy

Cherry picking. And what percentage out of 444 politically motived murders were by Republicans?

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: quintessentone

I thought the argument was that the rhetoric from both sides caused this.

I provided links to the left wing nut job talking points that appear to have radicalized this kid. Why have you not been able to provide sources for all the right wing talk that would drive someone to kill? I know why, but I'd like to hear your answer.

And I provided a Republican on Republican violence source but the usual dismissing of facts is in full swing.

Should I post J.D. Vance's right-wing anti-Trumper talk to prove my point? I feel that would not be necessary because I already made my point.

if your point is you can't back up your words, yep, made it well. But I'm done with your silliness. Troll on DERP.

Ha ha. You are so disappointing.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Cherry picking. And what percentage out of 444 politically motived murders were by Republicans?

If you can find me actual data from an non-biased entity, that would be great. I don't know why it matters if the right or left is more violent, frankly. We know people on both sides have been and will be violent. It solves nothing, fixes nothing, and honestly smacks of you victim blaming.

The only reason I even called out your post is because in my short tenure here you have a history of making people on the left side of things look like delusional nut bags posting crap like this and I certaintly hope people on here don't think I am in your camp because we are both on the left.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BigDuckEnergy

If you can find me actual data from an non-biased entity, that would be great. I don't know why it matters if the right or left is more violent, frankly. We know people on both sides have been and will be violent. It solves nothing, fixes nothing, and honestly smacks of you victim blaming.

The only reason I even called out your post is because in my short tenure here you have a history of making people on the left side of things look like delusional nut bags posting crap like this and I certaintly hope people on here don't think I am in your camp because we are both on the left.

It's members here that are making it an issue and if you just look at the news so are MAGA and other Republicans in high places, because it's a blame game and I want to call out the BS here in regards to that.

Both sides can be violent, my point is that the rhetoric on both sides may be to blame. But, hey, let's all look at the other.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 01:11 PM
link   

It's members here that are making it an issue and if you just look at the news so are MAGA and other Republicans in high places, because it's a blame game and I want to call out the BS here in regards to that.

Both sides can be violent, my point is that the rhetoric on both sides may be to blame. But, hey, let's all look at the other.

Why are you ignoring the fact that the way people on the left reacted to this whole trump situation was vile? 15 minutes after the fact the top three trending twitter topics were "how did you miss" "they missed" and "trump shooting hoax". We have throngs of people, as high up as congress, recounting how "target practice" would help in the future. Why are we, as a society, handwaving this behavior away?

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Why are you ignoring the fact that the way people on the left reacted to this whole trump situation was vile? 15 minutes after the fact the top three trending twitter topics were "how did you miss" "they missed" and "trump shooting hoax". We have throngs of people, as high up as congress, recounting how "target practice" would help in the future. Why are we, as a society, handwaving this behavior away?

Both sides are acting badly, that's the whole point and so it will continue and this type of violence will continue and then become normalized.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Both sides are acting badly, that's the whole point and so it will continue and this type of violence will continue and then become normalized.

Again, this isn't helpful and you are excusing bad behavior. Why isn't there both side bad behavior trending on Twitter? What even registers on the right post shooting that even comes close to tenacious d wishing they had not missed on a concert stage?

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Again, this isn't helpful and you are excusing bad behavior. Why isn't there both side bad behavior trending on Twitter? What even registers on the right post shooting that even comes close to tenacious d wishing they had not missed on a concert stage?

What isn't helpful is blaming the other.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 02:05 PM
link   
REPOST - for those who missed this blockbuster development.

The roof where the sniper/shooter/murderer was positioned, was in a "safe zone" set up by the Secret Service.

The security bubble around the venue had that rooftop excluded from scrutiny.

See the Diagram down the page a bit, here: theconservativetreehouse.com... raphed-by-law-enforcement-with-picture-forwarded/

Some things are so obvious and simple, people have a hard time accepting them. They want to make it complicated. That's what keeps many crimes from being solved quickly.
😒

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

I thought the pac man thing was a joke. I mean, it is, but it's real. This will be hard to hide. it will be fun to see them try.

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Not sure if this fits here but will post anyways

MSNBC guest calls for donor class to “put a bullet in Donald Trump” LINK - Video on X

Last fall the left-wing cable news outlet gave a platform to anti-Trump strategist Rick Wilson who called for a "bullet" to be sent into the body of Donald Trump

posted on Jul, 16 2024 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Please give the name of shows and persons making these statements. I personally have never heard anyone say anything like that. I have heard people say he has dementia and his family should care enough about him to not put him in this position. Seriously, I want to know who is making such statements about Biden.

posted on Jul, 17 2024 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: GaPeach30

More importantly, let's look to the violence present in politics.

“Violence and threats against elected leaders are suppressing the emergence of a pro-democracy faction of the GOP,” writes Rachel Kleinfeld, an expert on political violence at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. Absent threats, Kleinfeld argues, a move to Trump from inside the party — perhaps a more serious challenge in the presidential primary — might have had a better chance of getting off the ground.

In her paper, Kleinfeld notes a striking example of this effect at work — a comment by Kim Ward, the Trump-supporting Republican leader of the Pennsylvania state Senate, on what would happen if she spoke out against the former president.

“I’d get my house bombed tonight,” Ward said.

www.vox.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 06:24 AM
link   
It sure looks that way. Like a setup, that is. When you consider the capabilities of the Secret Service, and their mission statement, it seems hard to believe that such a major failure could occur by happenstance. Maybe if I squint real hard. Hold on...(squints real hard...) No. That doesn't help. Still looks like a designed failure, even if the agents on the scene performed their assigned roles adequately. Allow me to elaborate.

On the one hand, response and reaction mostly worked the way it should have. Once the shooter fired, agents did their thing. Shielded Mr. Trump, acquired and neutralized the assailant promptly. Those moving pieces did their jobs in the moment, and such activity was adequate to accomplish the mission requirements once the breach and assault scenario was in full swing and playing out in real time.

On the other hand, the adequate response to the shooting only occurred after the shooter took up his position and began firing. Numerous safeguards and preventative measures had to fail for the breach and assault scenario to occur in the first place. Adequate overwatch of the rally site was not achieved during the operation of securing the event prior to the start of the shooting. Suspicious activity reports that occurred in the moment were not promptly investigated and addressed. Manpower for shielding of Mr. Trump in the most elevated threat time period of the incident seemed somewhat inadequate. These failures are obvious even without performing a detailed analysis of all available information. I'm guessing there is more to see for one who looks more closely into the details.

At the surface level, without a more detailed analysis performed, planning and logistics for securing the site did fail. It appears to have failed at the administrative level when the event was planned on paper. I think it's also important to note that these failures should have been recognized by the site security manager(s) and promptly corrected, but they were not. Manpower appears to have been inadequate as well, which was likely an administrative problem. I'm also going to speculate that it's quite possible that Mr. Trump's security details were staffed with less experienced staff than should have been provided for such a high level protectee, but that is only speculation at this point.

Incompetence could have played a role, I've been hearing some talking heads on the radio suggesting as much. In security scenarios that require a high degree of vigilance, one of the risks to adequately performing the mission is complacency. You know, you're securing the 500th event that you've worked in the last two years. Nothing has gone wrong at the previous 499. Despite all of your extra ninja catching training and mission requirements, you don't really expect anything to go wrong. Just another day at the office, until it all goes to hell.

People fail. Systems fail. This is not always intentional. What I can't get past though in my attempt to dismiss notions of a setup having occurred, is the fact that the Trump security detail appeared to not have been provided with adequate resources to properly perform their mission. You can have the best people and equipment, if it's not enough to do the job, security gaps will be present. Seems like a setup to fail then, at the very least from the administrative end. Logistics and planning also appear to have failed horribly, which is also hard to completely dismiss as happenstance.

posted on Jul, 19 2024 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: badcabbie

Thank you for that excellent well thought out analysis. I too almost started going down that rabbit hole of conspiracy theories because I could not believe in that level of gross incompentence.

posted on Jul, 20 2024 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

He actually looks more human and humbler.

Indeed!

posted on Jul, 20 2024 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
I do not know it is just me, but Trump looks like a different man when he entered the convention, his face has changed a lot.

He actually looks more human and humbler.

Sorry but that is what I see.

Don't be sorry for telling the truth!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join