It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veteran with Longest Confirmed Sniper Kill Has Theory About Trump Assassination Attempt

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2024 @ 07:03 AM
link   

@ 175 yards with a man target would be child’s play.

a reply to: 38181

That is what ex-sniper, US congressman Corey Mills said. He was interviewed and said he could get anyone to make that shot 9 out of 10 times after a short training program. Corey said it was a miracle that Trump turned his head at just the right time. The would be assassin had Trump dead to rights but devine intervention saved Trump. That's what Corey Mills and many others have said.

edit on 15-7-2024 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2024 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

You think the shooter had to have special training because he barely hit a standing target of over 6 foot, on a stage, with no cover, literally a “sitting duck”, where the intent was a kill shot?

posted on Jul, 15 2024 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Still not a man of over six foot standing on a stage with no cover.

posted on Jul, 15 2024 @ 07:10 AM
link   

I’m guessing this will go over your head?

General Ballistic Profile of a .223 Rem
Let’s take the 5.56 for comparison.

The trajectory of a bullet is critical to a shooter’s ability to land a shot.

The 5.56 NATO will most likely drop around 3″ from 200 yards and can drop up to 11.25″ at 300 yards.

At 200 yards, the .223 Remington will drop 4.2″.

diamondkbrass.com...#:~:text=At%20200%20yards%2C%20the%20.,hunters%20and%20long%2Drange% 20shooters.

posted on Jul, 15 2024 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: fringeofthefringe

originally posted by: Lazy88

We are a long way from your original statement. He was apparently a motivated individual that had experience and range time with a weapon that is made to learn with minimum effort to shoot targets out to 300 to 500 yards reliably with iron / peep sights. Where if the individual was properly trained, he would have been aiming for the chest.

Added. You really don’t have a valid argument. Just gas lighting.

The secret service sniper made a head shot against the would be assassin not a center mass shot. Just say'n.

Was the Secret Service Sniper a 20-year-old dumbass with a one year membership at a rifle range with his dad's AR-15 shooting in semi nwindy conditions?

posted on Jul, 15 2024 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

We are a long way from your original statement. He was apparently a motivated individual that had experience and range time with a weapon that is made to learn with minimum effort to shoot targets out to 300 to 500 yards reliably with iron / peep sights. Where if the individual was properly trained, he would have been aiming for the chest.

The secret service sniper made a head shot against the would be assassin not a center mass shot. Just say'n.

Was the Secret Service Sniper a 20-year-old dumbass with a one year membership at a rifle range with his dad's AR-15 shooting in semi nwindy conditions?

Did the sniper fail to kill the threat? Or just shoot him in the ear?

posted on Jul, 15 2024 @ 07:19 AM
link   

I’m guessing this will go over your head?

General Ballistic Profile of a .223 Rem
Let’s take the 5.56 for comparison.

The trajectory of a bullet is critical to a shooter’s ability to land a shot.

The 5.56 NATO will most likely drop around 3″ from 200 yards and can drop up to 11.25″ at 300 yards.

At 200 yards, the .223 Remington will drop 4.2″.

diamondkbrass.com...#:~:text=At%20200%20yards%2C%20the%20.,hunters%20and%20long%2Drange% 20shooters.

Im just discussing this no need to get snarky, FWIW are you asserting Crooks knew the drop and was able to make proper adjustments because he had a one-year membership in a rifle club?

Respectfully you don't know if he could make the shot or not ie guessing, all Im asserting is he got lucky AF he got as close as he did, no more no less

posted on Jul, 15 2024 @ 07:23 AM
link   

200 yard shot should be able to be made by the most mediocre shooter with a decent rifle.

It looks like he was using iron sights, so that increase the difficulty.

posted on Jul, 15 2024 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Did the sniper fail to kill the threat? Or just shoot him in the ear?

What does that have to do with anything?

Im not arguing a properly trained professional paid for POLICE OR MILITARY trained sniper could make the shot,

Im saying for a 20 year old politically agitated dumbass with a one year gun range memebership to get that close was lucky AF, no more no less

it has nothing to do with anybody else's abilities as a shooter except for Crooks, anything else is ancedotal

posted on Jul, 15 2024 @ 07:26 AM
link   

You think the shooter had to have special training because he barely hit a standing target of over 6 foot, on a stage, with no cover, literally a “sitting duck”, where the intent was a kill shot?

He did have a podium and teleprompters in front of his face. 135 yards with iron sights isn't easy and under those conditions much harder.

posted on Jul, 15 2024 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

200 yard shot should be able to be made by the most mediocre shooter with a decent rifle.

For 175 yards yes it would...

Where did you see this I assumed he had a scope

posted on Jul, 15 2024 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Cause, the guy was presenting his chest like a guy giving a speech. Just saying?

a reply to: putnam6a reply to: Lazy88
Watch the video of the Corey Mills interview. says within 300 yards that shot, head shot, is an easy one and he said, yes trained snipers, go for head shot within that range. I made no other assertion. I was not speaking about the would be assassin. Read my post again, my point was within 300 yards snipers are trained for head shots outside of that they are trained for center mass as per Corey Mills statements in interview.
edit on 15-7-2024 by fringeofthefringe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2024 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Where did you assume that I assumed you said he had a scope? 135 years is still a good distance with iron sights. Easy with a scope, but a very small target with irons.

posted on Jul, 15 2024 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Watch the video of the Corey Mills interview. He says within 300 yards that shot, head shot, is an easy one and he said, yes trained snipers, go for head shot within that range. I made no other assertion. I was not speaking about the would be assassin. Read my post again, my point was within 300 yards snipers are trained for head shots outside of that they are trained for center mass as per Corey Mills statements in interview.

I watched the video, I don't disagree with Mr Mills, Im asserting that it wasn't an easy shot for Crooks, it was a relatively windy day, and then you have the drop of a 22 lr at that distance?

All the while he has a police officer climbing up the ladder to confront him, Crooks got lucky he got as close as he did.

We haven't even mentioned whether was he shooting the other people haphazardly or did this marksman hit them while aiming for DJT

posted on Jul, 15 2024 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I just think 4 shots under max pressure and two were that close, one close enough to hit was either lucky (like winning the lottery lucky) or skill acquired through training. Maybe I'm wrong and anyone could do it. But it seems suspect.

posted on Jul, 15 2024 @ 07:41 AM
link   

The round would have punched through about anything on stage. You think a “table” would protect you Hollywood style.

Again. Only on a conspiracy site it takes a highly trained individual to miss Trump first shot, barely hitting with a second shot, a man standing on a stage over six foot tall no cover.

posted on Jul, 15 2024 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I believe it was a .223/.556 round. Basing that off of the reporting it was an AR style rifle. The round was enough to kill a man in the stands with a headshot from about150 yards. A .22lr would be difficult to judge anything at that distance. I base that off of you tube videos on precision .22 shots. Eventually I hope we get more info on the technical aspects, but if this is a coverup as it looks now, we might get bullsh!t.

posted on Jul, 15 2024 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Where did you assume that I assumed you said he had a scope? 135 years is still a good distance with iron sights. Easy with a scope, but a very small target with irons.

are you saying Crooks used iron sights? if so obviously its even more difficult of a shot.

Hell I haven't even seen a good picture of what rig he had, I was assuming he had a scope of some sort, if not he was even luckier

edit on p000000317am076 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2024 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Crooks got lucky he got as close as he did.

I would respectfull disagree, he wasn't lucky....he had help. No way this could happen without help. That is my opinion. I could go on and on but simply put no way that, as you correcly stated, dumbass 20 year old could have just climbed the latter onto the closest roof with the best available sniper shot to Trump when the deep state, we know this, would do anything to prevent Trump from being reelected. I just cannot believe this was a "lucky" happenstance.

posted on Jul, 15 2024 @ 07:45 AM
link   

are you saying Crooks used iron sights? if so obviously its even more difficult of a shot.

Hell I haven't even seen a good picture of what rig he had, I was assuming he had a scope of some sort, if not he was even luckier

Not really. Your exaggerating.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join