It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Joe Biden/CNN lie about cost.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

The entire world is in this mess because the morons shut down the entire global economy for the best part of 2 years. It’s not because of Biden, Trump or anyone else.

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JadedGhost

Besides, how is inflation exclusively Biden’s fault and what exactly is Trump going to do to fix it?

When your boy declared war on the gas and energy sector his first week in office and gas skyrocketed is when everything else went to #.

How’s Trump going to fix it? That’s a good question, your boy f’d things up pretty good.

What’s truly baffling to me is that you want four more years of this dip#. Worst prez ever in our history and you want more of it. Makes zero sense to me why anyone would want this clown in office after all the destruction he’s done to this country in under four years. Apparently you haven’t had enough?

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadedGhost

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

Besides, how is inflation exclusively Biden’s fault and what exactly is Trump going to do to fix it?

By closing the open border, deporting illegals and stopping billions going overseas to feed wars. Just fixing a few things that happened under Bidens incompetence will help tremendously.

Firstly, they’re not sending pallets of cash to Ukraine. They’re giving them old weapons that would have to be decommissioned eventually anyway, then making new more modernized weapons in the US to refill there own stocks.

Also, Trump had 4 years to do what you claim he’ll do with the border but didn’t. Besides, closing the border and deporting millions of undocumented workers have the absolute opposite effect to fixing inflation costs.

Firstly, Since the war began, the U.S. Congress has voted through five bills that have provided Ukraine with ongoing aid, doing so most recently in April 2024. The total budget authority under these bills—the “headline” figure often cited by news media—is $175 billion.

So not exactly just sending them old M16s.

Which means that once again you are quite wrong.

Also, Trump attempted to do that (closing the border) but was not allowed to do that by Democrats in Congress and the House.

All on the Democrats, that one.

Although Democrats are now attempting to "slow the Flow" because it is an election year...

Third and finally, you have no idea what the word "inflation" even means so just stop it.

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 04:33 PM
link   

The entire world is in this mess because the morons shut down the entire global economy for the best part of 2 years. It’s not because of Biden, Trump or anyone else.

Democrats shut the economy down to influence an election.

You need better news sources hun.

Start thinking for yourself.

Please.

Also interesting that you did not answer the question....

Do you not pay for your own groceries, gasoline, electricity, house payment, insurance, car payment, etc...

If you don't I can understand your political stance.

edit on 100000007America/Chicago7pmSat, 06 Jul 2024 16:37:15 -050037 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I think you have to be a paid troll to say something this stupid. The Biden administration (your morons) were shutting down whatever they could left and right. You don’t remember the jab or no work for you, jab or you’re out of the military?

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Old weapons? You make it sound like they’re sending over Vietnam era munitions. Why are we sending any weapons?

Yes Trump should deport illegals and make crime a crime again.

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

I think you have to be a paid troll to say something this stupid. The Biden administration (your morons) were shutting down whatever they could left and right. You don’t remember the jab or no work for you, jab or you’re out of the military?

The sad part is that these people are not "paid" trolls in the literal sense... no political party is paying directly for them posing that crap.

No...

The government is paying their bills so they support their government.

You and I pay taxes to said government.

So at the end of the day, you and I pay the trolls...

edit on 100000007America/Chicago7pmSat, 06 Jul 2024 16:43:49 -050043 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

I dont know about the housing part but I strongly feel these companies are just jacking up grocery prices just to see how far they can go before people stop buying stuff. I mean there's no reason behind some of these increases other than greed. Yes inflation is way higher than 3% OBVIOUSLY! but I think with the food and other goods some of it is corporations doing it themselves.

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shoshanna

I dont know about the housing part but I strongly feel these companies are just jacking up grocery prices just to see how far they can go before people stop buying stuff. I mean there's no reason behind some of these increases other than greed. Yes inflation is way higher than 3% OBVIOUSLY! but I think with the food and other goods some of it is corporations doing it themselves.

You are quite wrong.

Businesses need to make money, true.

However, if you simultaneously increase the price to make a product, increase the price to deliver it and then tax it more while at the same time devalue the dollar then things are going to cost more.

It's just basic economics.

Bidenomics, actually.

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

Might want to ask those states that have 20 dollar minimum wages.

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Here in Cali they have to pay 20 an hour because rent for a studio apartment is like 3500 a month. No wonder the homeless problem is out of control hehehehe. Who can afford that crap more than my mortgage was for an actual HOUSE!

Its a chicken and egg type scenario. Things are more expensive. Oh no, let's make jobs pay more. Now things get more expensive again. Its gotta stop somewhere I think these housing costs are what are really hurting people. Especially renters.

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Some don't understand that the minimum wage was put in place for the government to make more money both on the paycheck but also on the product...

It had nothing to do with the wage slave.

~shrug~

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

You are quite wrong.

However, if you simultaneously increase the price to make a product, increase the price to deliver it and then tax it more while at the same time devalue the dollar then things are going to cost more.

Bidenomics, actually.

Oh I agree costs are up all the way around and that is responsible for some price increases. But like my French fries went up 70% in price or like the guy said earlier in the thread about his Doritos basically doubling in price. I dont really think that much of an increase is explained by transportation, taxes and whatnot. I can admit when im wrong but I really think we are both right here.

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I wonder what the common (d)enominator is?

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 05:07 PM
link   

No , I Think Joe was " In " on it , and so Does the Grim Reaper..............

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 05:14 PM
link   

You are quite wrong.

Bidenomics, actually.

Oh I agree costs are up all the way around and that is responsible for some price increases. But like my French fries went up 70% in price or like the guy said earlier in the thread about his Doritos basically doubling in price. I dont really think that much of an increase is explained by transportation, taxes and whatnot. I can admit when im wrong but I really think we are both right here.

Well, one of us is right here and the other one is you.

It isn't a simple matter of corporate greed.

It really is all about the destruction of the American dollar through inflation (putting more dollars into the system) while hyperinflating energy costs through legislation while at the same time making more revenue to the government by taxation.

Democrats don't understand the concept of the Laffer Curve.

Trump did, which is why by lowering taxes in certain areas he increased government revenue.

Another topic all to itself, sadly...

But at the end of the day, everything now is more expensive simply because our current administration wants it to be.

They want the current system to eventually crash so they can give you a better one.

A better one for them.

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Do you not pay for your own groceries, gasoline, electricity, house payment, insurance, car payment, etc...

Yes, everything costs more and it sucks.

But to the point, what’s Trump going to do to magically make everything better for everyday Americans? What exact policies?

I know he wants to put a 10% tariff on all imports, that should really help with the cost of living. The guy does not care about anyone but himself and is just a massive grifter… he’s not even trying to hide it, selling his $60 bibles, $400 shoes and even $500 coat pins with the American flag and his name on it. How can anyone be so stupid as to fall for that blatant con artist? Even his wife is blatantly grifting people with her cheap over priced “patriotic” jewelry.

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Drill, baby. Drill.

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Yes, everything costs more and it sucks.

But to the point, what’s Trump going to do to magically make everything better for everyday Americans? What exact policies?

I know he wants to put a 10% tariff on all imports, that should really help with the cost of living. The guy does not care about anyone but himself and is just a massive grifter… he’s not even trying to hide it, selling his $60 bibles, $400 shoes and even $500 coat pins with the American flag and his name on it. How can anyone be so stupid as to fall for that blatant con artist? Even his wife is blatantly grifting people with her cheap over priced “patriotic” jewelry.

TDS aside, you still didn't answer my question.

Let's try again!

Do you work and pay for your own groceries, your own gasoline, your own electrical bill, your own house payment, your own insurance, your own car payment?

Once I can understand your circumstances, then I can ask the real questions and give you some actual answers.

So are you a working tax paying American, or just another grifter?

ETA, it's a beautiful day here so I am going outside to thin out some of the corn rows in my garden. So feel free to take all the time you want to answer the simple question. I know it's hard...

edit on 100000007America/Chicago7pmSat, 06 Jul 2024 17:33:30 -050033 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab
a reply to: [post=27419816]JadedGhost[/

What’s truly baffling to me is that you want four more years of this dip#. Worst prez ever in our history and you want more of it. Makes zero sense to me why anyone would want this clown in office after all the destruction he’s done to this country in under four years. Apparently you haven’t had enough?

I've seen this kind of behavior before -

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join