It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't you believe in God?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 03:50 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

Ummm…the Dali Lama is a politician…attempting to balance equanimity against the fulcrum of…”If you see the Buddha…kill the Buddha”…

The Koran is no more a horror show…than the Bible…or the Talmud…all three represent their…”God”…as a flawed being exhibiting all the characteristics of one who invalidates every one of his own Ten Commandments…

I merely point out that the immature emotional tantrums attributed to their…”God”…bear all the hallmarks of human character flaws…that they are neither born of love…nor of purity…nor of perfection…

Rather…they are representative of chaotic instability…not harmony…not equanimity…not balance…

The Dali Lama is confused…when you create children…you certainly don’t correct their behavior by drowning them in the well…especially when the behavior your attempting to correct…is unsurprisingly a reflection of your own…and then claim that as love…

As to your analogy…that’s a purely individual and personal culmination of meditation…practice…and movement…into stillness…and repose…into oneness…which was not the consideration…or the conversation…

The consideration was illustrating that these three branches of the same tree…are merely Kali worship…hence why Christianity requires a…Christ…which only exemplifies dichotomy…and portrays duality…

Movement and repose…”Split a piece of wood and I am there…Lift a stone and you will find me”…” I am within…and without”…

Again…duality…

One of the hardest lessons to square is when you examine your personal dualisms…and then to hold them in equal esteem as inherent parts of a whole being…

Oneness…sucks…because one must go entirely beyond concept…and leave behind…or rather amalgamate all parts into that unified whole…

The chaff…is emotion…and intellect…and self…and thought…and all that remains is the void…

Because you cannot fill an already full thing…

YouSir

posted on Jul, 6 2024 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Sorry this is a bit off topic, but did your other thread (Hello I'm just some guy) disappear for some reason? I tried to reply to it, but it said I didn't have permission to do that.
Maybe it's because I'm a new member and there are some restrictions

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: jupiterberry

All "Ask Me Anything" threads on ATS are closed, unless it's an official invitee. A person can't just do an "Ask Me Anything" thread here.

Sorry

But "Welcome"

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 01:01 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Your assumption that the plane crash ends their lives is the where you misunderstand. They all still exist. They always have and they always will. God frames his creation in different contexts. For most, it is a process of growth and maturity. God is, was, and will be, making forces and atoms into something spiritual. There is a path and a point.

Your replys in this venue indicate a knowledge that in my own experience
has only come thru years of patience in regards to any question I had for
the Father. After receiving so many answers never thru verbal or even
some kind of mind phenomena communication, dream or vision.

I found answers would come out of nowhere as I was just living my life
and trusting that God would answer in his time, not mine.

After seeing so many questions answered perfectly this way.
One no longer hesitates to cast aside all remaining questions
and disregard any doubt that our Father in Heaven wants us to
know him. And only thru him do I fear nothing.

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Humans do have a sense of the numinous. We can stimulate the brain with TMS and cause these types of sensations, but why would we have such neural configuration in the first place? How could natural selection select for these configurations and what evolutionary process could they serve?

Language.

Then there is our innate ethical and moral codes which we know are not learned and are sometimes at odds with our own survival and comfort. These are better explained in religion than in psychology or biology.

Captured animals sometimes attempt suicide, a whole array of animals seek other species out for assistance. Are we really that special?

Science also reveals contradictions, and discoveries which break previous paradigms, and so it cannot be thought of as an unassailable source of truth and the only determinator of fact.

I didn't say it was. If theories doesn't fit the facts it changes the theory, not the facts.

Spirituality is entirely normal to the human population. Very few people have ever been atheist. Atheists are still a minority, despite the advancements of humanist movements.

Human languages are infused with ideas of the spiritual. You cannot discuss atheism or philosophy without utilizing wording based upon spiritual beliefs.

That's seemingly how language and culture evolves, spirituality identifies the points of contention but it's culture that insists on conflict. Seems to me you really want your Christianity to be right which is evidenced by the way you look down on gods and the cultures that had them whilst having little respect for humanist movements.

Yes, but the majority of it was. If you were to remove the magic, woo-woo and crazy stories from it, there wouldn't be much reasonable stuff left.

You might be looking at them wrong. I'd suggest studying them with less bias and more understanding. Why is homosexuality somewhat common throughout more advanced animals and why were the sacred band of Thebes the greatest of fighters bar none? To quote you whilst taking a bit liberty: "Those people cannot reproduce anymore, and as their death is inevitable, there is no evolutionary advantage or reason for the whole process." Yet, it happens... The Greeks knew more about love and the rest of emotions which is exemplified within their faith systems than any that survives today, just like the Norse knew more about democracy and freedom than anybody today. I'd say it depends entirely on what the culture holds dear and what they wish to work on. You could call it advancing the human condition but it's probably more likely they're merely understanding it which can also be reflective in regards to other species or even gods. But yeah, they were a bunch of weirdos just like many homesteaders are weirdos when they keep chickens well after their "sell by" date and are no longer edible and egg laying was a fond memory.

The stories are crazy at face value but so are monotheistic religions.

All morality is to "temper aspects of the human". There are humans who kill for power they feel it gives them. There are masochists who take things too far. There are people who do regrettable things in a moment of insanity. Are we sure that we want to embrace every aspect of our 'humanity' in everyone at all times?

They don't dissolve because they are denied. If God tells you to kill your own flesh and you're a God fearing/loving man... What do you do?

Morality and faith should always be an individual thing. Personally I find it atrocious that individuals are blindsided because their eyes were fixated on something another demanded they look at.

I believe that the way observation modifies wave-particle outcomes, and embedded error correcting code in the underlying structure of matter, indicates that the universe only fully renders to the observer, and is set up to have corrective redundancy in case of spurious error.

At the same time you'll look at non Christian faiths and claim I may as well watch the looney tunes? Like I said in the beginning it is quite possible we've made our own gods, how can we have plausible deniability whilst insisting on the implausible? Apollo shines on the city builders... And they say it's the country bumpkins that are inbred! Just a dumb joke about logic and wisdom btw.

Why would God "crunch some numbers"? A monotheistic God would define the outcome (and would also be omniscient). A calculating machine is not a monotheistic God as it implies a domain where mathematics works in a particular way, and which directs how it operates.

Mortals explaining a God/god's motivations would be the height of hubris, especially a God. Unless they're all just reflections of us. I learned Thor is a metaphor for the thinking mind is it irony he is killed by a snake? Anyway, I'm not that clever but it's been a fun spar. I would suggest being a little more open-minded towards others cultures and especially their faith systems because one day people might just be looking at this time in history with a similar reproach. To consider ones own culture and civilization as the height of human achievement whilst directly ascribing it to one's own faith is quite the egotistical thing and dare I say it, full of hubris. It's also doggedly ignorant of difference which ofcourse does breed conflict "woof" some might call that indoctrination. Personally I say you do you whilst softly mentioning the same things that makes others can also afford you a little respect for others and understanding.

The fact is all of us are only here today because of what was done yesterday (metaphorically speaking) so dismissive thinking patterns are going to hold no justice whilst being hardly righteous.

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha
Oh that's too bad, thanks for letting me know what happened though!

Now I'm kind of curious what happened to make those kind of threads off limits

Apologies BrotherKinsMan for the off topic posts. I don't really have much to add to this thread, but I enjoyed reading others replies so thank you for starting it!

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: jupiterberry

You need a minimum of either ten or twenty posts to be able to start your own thread.

A member cannot just start an AMA thread. Those are for guest invitees only. Like people well known in a certain field. Could be ufology, journalism, astrology, ex military, could be any subject.
But they are for invitees only for sure.

Welcome to ATS by the way.

Look forward to seeing you on the boards. Great avatar too.

posted on Jul, 7 2024 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Yeah my bad on the AMA, didn't know I was out of line for it.

If anyone has questions feel free to PM me.

Carry on.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join