It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't you believe in God?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I ask, not from a Christian perspective.

Whatever you call this higher power or source.

The Origin, the Creator, the First and the Last, the One.

If you believe in such thing, then my query is not aimed at you.

I wish to hear from those who lack faith.

Why? Has there never been moments in your life which made you question this?

Have you always dismissed it?

Have you never come across any such thing?

Have you lost faith from the evil you witness?

I wonder...

I was an atheist for some time.

I had too much doubt, a sleeping spirit, a wounded heart, and a acute mind.

When all awakened and aligned, I could no longer doubt.

Yes I am riddled with doubt these days, but not on this matter; the Creator is and always will be.

So then again I ask,

Why don't you believe?

Use your own words.

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BrotherKinsMan

Why be concerned with god, when god isn’t concerned with us?

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AllisVibration

How would you define this?

His lack of concern.

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 12:37 PM
link   

The Origin, the Creator, the First and the Last, the One.

Zero. The sum total of everything that was, is and will be, as well as the sum total of all that wasn't, isn't and will never be. This is God. It's nothing personal.

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AllisVibration

Speak only for yourself, please. You are not a God.

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Believing that a literal supernatural uber being that created this natural universe is real isn't something that I feel actually exists.

Connecting to the natural universe in my own ways and navigating through life with my own thoughts and curiosity towards that natural universe is how I feel. I don't feel the need to believe in a religious metaphysical way to connect to the natural universe. I accept that it exists, and perhaps, it is eternal. And not knowing if the universe is eternal or not, is quite comforting in a way.

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I prefer not to worship whatever moon god some men made up to control the people.

That being said, religions are in general teach pretty good value systems but the churches always screw that up..😂

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Are you defining believing in God as believing in a creator or worshiping along the lines of any of the manmade religions that seem to be used to control and manipulate a good portion of the masses? It is just the popular ones that are called religons.The unpopular ones are called cults.

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 02:03 PM
link   

What creator does not have affection for what they created?

God moment by moment holds the universe in existence. Supersymmetry suggests that if things were not restrained and separate, everything material would annihilate back into nothingness.

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I prefer not to worship whatever moon god some men made up to control the people.

That being said, religions are in general teach pretty good value systems but the churches always screw that up..😂

What America needs is to implement Project 25 soon as possible an bring back America to being a Christian Nation again.

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

God moment by moment holds the universe in existence. Supersymmetry suggests that if things were not restrained and separate, everything material would annihilate back into nothingness.

Some force holds the universe together. What does that have to do with your daily life?

In several popular books, god is said to not exist within time. Time being meaningless to god. Should this god be concerned with a speck of dust that is there and then gone in an instant before being noticed?

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Believing that a literal supernatural uber being that created this natural universe is real isn't something that I feel actually exists.

Connecting to the natural universe in my own ways and navigating through life with my own thoughts and curiosity towards that natural universe is how I feel. I don't feel the need to believe in a religious metaphysical way to connect to the natural universe. I accept that it exists, and perhaps, it is eternal. And not knowing if the universe is eternal or not, is quite comforting in a way.

I think that the 'supernaturalness' of a Creator of 'all nature' is a rational necessity.

The same with attributes of atemporality, omnipotence, multidimensionality, and omniscience. These would all be necessary to achieve such a complex and vast matter universe. To some extent, each of these attributes play into the others. For instance true atemporality would give a knowledge of all events in time, and which would never degrade.

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrotherKinsMan

His lack of concern.

Well from what I've seen....

you know everyone on a plane about to crash is praying earnestly as they can to save their lives and the lives of their children; Yet the plane still crashes.

To me that shows a lack of concern. How do you see it?

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: lilzazz

What America needs is to implement Project 25 soon as possible an bring back America to being a Christian Nation again.

Ah, but Christian practices are known to be impressions and adoptions of older pagen teachings and practices. How far back do we go with these organized beliefs?

I believe in a force or creator commonly referred to as God. God did not make religions. All organized religions are created by man. Most have good lessons. All religions are made to control the masses.

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: BeyondKnowledge3

Some force holds the universe together. What does that have to do with your daily life?

I would posit that God holds things apart, rather than holding things together and the ground state beneath the existence of all matter and forces is zero.

In several popular books, god is said to not exist within time. Time being meaningless to god. Should this god be concerned with a speck of dust that is there and then gone in an instant before being noticed?

God created time. Shouldn't God experience and revel in it?

Also atemporality does not mean no-time nothingness. It means all time, at once and forever. And more beyond our comprehension. There is more than one temporal dimension, just like there is more than one universe.

Time and space are facets of the same thing. This means that knowledge/experience of all temporal events is the same as knowledge of all spatial events.

edit on 2024-07-03T15:20:09-05:0003Wed, 03 Jul 2024 15:20:09 -050007pm00000031 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 02:30 PM
link   

How can anything ever be gone, to an atemporal God?

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrotherKinsMan

His lack of concern.

Well from what I've seen....

you know everyone on a plane about to crash is praying earnestly as they can to save their lives and the lives of their children; Yet the plane still crashes.

To me that shows a lack of concern. How do you see it?

Your assumption that the plane crash ends their lives is the where you misunderstand. They all still exist. They always have and they always will. God frames his creation in different contexts. For most, it is a process of growth and maturity. God is, was, and will be, making forces and atoms into something spiritual. There is a path and a point.

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 02:40 PM
link   

God created time. Shouldn't God revel in it?

Also atemporality does not mean no time nothingness. It means all time, at once and forever.

Time and space are facets of the same thing. This means that knowledge/experience of all temporal events is the same as knowledge of all spatial events.

How do you know that time and space are not just facets of the thoughts of some supreme being?

Does the artist of a digital image concern themself with the existence of each individual pixel within the file? Our minds are not capable of understanding the whole image as a single digital bit is able to understand the contents of the Internet.

Just live your life and try to be nice and help others where you can. I find that makes most people seem more plesant in return. It doesn't seem to matter if we understand the big picture or not. So, why make up an explanation for the unexplainable. It is beyond human understanding but is used by some humans to control others. They can do this because they say they have the answers. Their answers are just what someone way back in the past made up one day and it was written down.
edit on 3-7-2024 by BeyondKnowledge3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Ah, but Christian practices are known to be impressions and adoptions of older pagen teachings and practices. How far back do we go with these organized beliefs?

Monotheism is quite different to pagan beliefs.

I believe in a force or creator commonly referred to as God. God did not make religions. All organized religions are created by man. Most have good lessons. All religions are made to control the masses.

Well they don't do a very good job of controlling the masses.

- "A trained organism in a controlled environment will do as it damn well pleases." - One of the many corollaries to Murphy's Law.

posted on Jul, 3 2024 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I don't see how it's a necessity. To be supernatural is to be outside the natural universe. If that were the case then that being or whatever isn't part of this universe and isn't even a God within in it. Its outside of it.

I've had this discussion many times, and it always boils down to either you believe in a supernatural being that resides outside any natural universe, or you believe the universe is eternal or finite. We don't know. And you cannot prove either. Hence why some people tend to interpret the universe itself as God and not believe in a literal God.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join