It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats...Notice The Gaslight Yet?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: CarlLaFong

It's funny.

They are so apoplectic over Trump and his supporters but will not even question the ones that lied to them, and themselves for believing the lies.

It's easier for them to continue living with it...if nobody ever reminds them that they've been duped...and if those who've duped them never admit to or apologize for duping them.

It's just easier for them that way to remain happy idiots.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Which speaks to our current culture.

Have we ever been so oblivious to the woes of future generations?

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Actually, I think they crave victimhood and beg to be duped...simply (and ironically) because they've been given so much and have had it so easy.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Talk about an inherent self destruct mechanism.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Talk about an inherent self destruct mechanism.

Because, by accident or design, they have never learned to appreciate and respect the real value of life...their life or the lives of others.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 07:11 PM
link   

A purposeless existence.

It's difficult for someone to appreciate what they did not earn.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 07:19 PM
link   

A purposeless existence.

It's difficult for someone to appreciate what they did not earn.

Very well put.

If everything comes too easily...it becomes valueless.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I think most people inherently understand this to some extent.

Trouble comes with what to do about it. For many they opt to trust a government to make and enforce the rules. Taxes on wealth and transference of it epitomize this.

I don't know the answer, but I do know the wrong answer!

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 07:48 PM
link   
They remind me of this -

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I'm not sure if it was Vonnegut or someone else who said: "The two most important words in human language are "Use Me."

Without God...or belief in a supreme being...we willingly open ourselves to being used by self-serving predators of all sorts; predators who will be eager to take advantage of our inherent need to be used.

This includes media, government/political parties...and explains why we so willingly allow them to manipulate us.

Without God, we make them our supreme being in order to get the gratification from participating in the illusion of being valued through their use of us.

The predator gets the benefits of the control over us that we thoughtlessly give away.

Without belief in a higher power...we freely give ourselves away to lower, self-serving and predatory powers.

ALL in pursuit of the illusion of giving value to our own misguided perception of having an unvalued and unappreciated life.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Love the Edits . It shows you thought Long and Hard on that Post ! ....Oh , and I Agree wholeheartly with Everything you said in it ....

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I'm certainly 99% convinced of the "God complex" or the "religion complex," whereas we have an inherent need and desire to worship something. Trying to fight against it only serves to prove its veracity.

Faith is a beautiful thing yet personally I fear that that too, especially given history, may also be corruptible and re-written. Even still it is undeniable that if you do not dedicate yourself to something bigger than yourself, your self will find something to dedicate to and it likely will not be to your betterment.

It's a spiritual and philosophical struggle that I welcome.

Yet for others, it's a struggle that is either not taken or is taken from them.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 08:16 PM
link   

It's unfortunately getting to the point where we like even our personal struggles to be easily procured and ready-made...for us...by someone else.

Today...you can conveniently get a popular, made-to-order personal struggle delivered like sushi from Door Dash.

Victimhood....Get you some!

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Kickum to the Curb , Freedom is Finally Coming Our Way and it's OK !

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

It's unfortunately getting to the point where we like even our personal struggles to be easily procured and ready-made...for us...by someone else.

Today...you can conveniently get a popular, made-to-order personal struggle delivered like sushi from Door Dash.

You nailed it.

It's like stolen valor but for victimhood.

This low risk/high reward culture proves only to destroy itself.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong

You nailed it.

It's like stolen valor but for victimhood.

This low risk/high reward culture proves only to destroy itself.

Personal struggles...which used to involve effort and personal sacrifice to overcome and which used to to help us grow, learn, mature and evolve as a person...have now become nothing more than a cheap 'knock-off' commodity, commonly available to anyone with little or no personal effort.

'Personal struggle' is becoming valueless now...and supplying only short-term, immediate gratification, rather than personal growth and character development.

We're lazy and becoming mentally and emotionally stagnant as a society.

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 09:02 PM
link   
A few decent observations came out of the pundit fest with Piers Morgan.

- The Democratic Party should face prosecution for elder abuse for putting Biden up to run again.

- Everyones sick of the democratic party's platform. When the Dem's turned on Biden it illustrated clearly the current platform's flaws and real untrustworthiness.

In fairness I think Trump actually did a lot of good for the US. Problem is Biden was deranged an Trump during the debate carried on like irate little Karen. Trumps rendition of "spoiled 3yr old" was PERFECT!
Not a attitude I think we require in the highest US office.

RFK Jr has been making more sense than everyone an has some interesting goals.
He's also made it clear he won't stay in the race if it causes undue split votes an mucks up the election.
Interview with Phil McGraw.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2024 @ 09:07 PM
link   

It's a tough context to navigate. That being born in an era and nation of plenty.

Like there is a roadblock to success and higher aspirations.

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadedGhost

He did embarrassingly bad in that debate, no getting past that. But with all that said, around half the voting public think Biden’s more competent to do the job than Trump… what does that say about Trump?

posted on Jul, 2 2024 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Pretty lackluster response from ATS leftists.
Seems most don't mind having been gaslighted.

Perhaps they're just comfortable with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join