It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Lefties, can we talk about this yet?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCTORNO

Your point? Are you a big fan of the Deep State? I hope not, because if Donald Trump is elected and the Republicans enact their Project 2025 agenda, civil servant positions will become political appointments, depending on a worker's political leanings.

Republic means a government of the "public". America is a self-governing republic, in which the power of the government is derived from The People.

This idea that government is beholden to the people, that it has no other source of power except the sovereign people, is still the newest and the most unique idea in all the long history of man’s relation to man.
Ronald Reagan

But like I said earlier in this thread, the American Experiment is over. RIP American Experiment

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: DOCTORNO

Your point? Are you a big fan of the Deep State? I hope not, because if Donald Trump is elected and the Republicans enact their Project 2025 agenda, civil servant positions will become political appointments, depending on a worker's political leanings.

Republic means a government of the "public". America is a self-governing republic, in which the power of the government is derived from The People.

This idea that government is beholden to the people, that it has no other source of power except the sovereign people, is still the newest and the most unique idea in all the long history of man’s relation to man.
Ronald Reagan

But like I said earlier in this thread, the American Experiment is over. RIP American Experiment

You really believe anything you just wrote? Do you know who the Heritage Foundation is? Trump has absolutely nothing to do with this ORG. They’re more akin to an extreme right fantasy wish list than anything else.

Nice hyperbole though

No, sook, Agenda 2025 is not a Republican Party “thing”. 🙄
edit on 30-6-2024 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I think it’s pathetic that you wrote it out the way you did when it has nothing to do with the Trump administration or the Republican Party. Fear mongering is all you’re doing. Reeks of desperation.
edit on 30-6-2024 by KrustyKrab because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I agree with poor Clarence, the workload needs to be redistributed. Seems like a good start would be the expansion of court.

I don’t think you agree with Clarence because of his workload. You’re just wanting what every dem politician wants which is to eventually control every single branch of government we have. That’s what you agree with.

I’ve been listening to all these dem politicians complain recently about getting shot down and not getting their way in the SCOTUS including Justice Sonia Sotomayor who cries in her chamber. It’s ridiculous. Boo hoo…you can’t control every aspect of ones life like you’d like.

Should we pack it with more Republicans maybe?

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Well, for one thing, most of the Judicial Branch are appointed, not elected. And, there is a movement to repeal the 17th Amendment, so there's that. www.heritage.org...

Control — Control — Control

Less government my ___________.

I wouldn’t be ignorant and gullible to buy into anything the Heritage Foundation has to say Annee. You’re being gaslit.

posted on Jun, 30 2024 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab

originally posted by: Annee

Well, for one thing, most of the Judicial Branch are appointed, not elected. And, there is a movement to repeal the 17th Amendment, so there's that. www.heritage.org...

Control — Control — Control

Less government my ___________.

I wouldn’t be ignorant and gullible to buy into anything the Heritage Foundation has to say Annee. You’re being gaslit.

I’m not.

Can’t wait to look back in 10 years.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join