It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 27 Presidential Debate livestream

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Shoshanna

I think its Obama's fault because even with Bush before him and Clinton, everything was not so divisive. It wasn't so much white v. black, republican v. democrat.

Things got divisive from 2016 onwards , but it wasn't coming from the Democrats.

Yea, they seem pretty even tempered with regards to Trump. And their peaceful protests have shown the true love in their hearts that we should all aspire to emulate.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Things got divisive from 2016 onwards , but it wasn't coming from the Democrats.

Oh please! Things have been divisive for decades. And both the Republicans and Democrats were equally to blame.

Now you've got woke idiots like Democrat Whoopie Goldberg spitting on her stage when she catches herself saying Trumps name. And her left wing buddies saying that Republicans are the enemy and a threat to democracy. Sentiments echoed by Democrats who are in elected positions ... like AOC. etc etc

It's truly retarded and divisive .. and yes it's coming from the Democrats as well as Republicans.

VOZ - Divisive Rhetoric and the Democrat Party

Hillary Clinton Calling Trump Voters - Basket of Deplorables

One example of thousands available ...

Sept 2022 - Americans Reject Bidens Divisive Rhetoric

President Biden is discovering the hard way that standing at a podium bathed in blood-red light, flanked by marines, and denouncing your political opponents as threats to the country is not as popular a move as he hoped. Poll after poll finds Americans repulsed by the September 1 fear-fest in Philadelphia, which drew comparisons to V for Vendetta and Star Wars for its over-the-top authoritarian tone. The president tried to convince the country that his critics are dangerous, but he seems to have convinced many, instead, that the real peril lives in the White House.

"It represents a dangerous escalation in rhetoric and is designed to incite conflict among Americans" was the choice of 56.8 percent of respondents asked in a Trafalgar/Convention of States poll to characterize Biden's speech.* Another 35.5 percent called it "acceptable campaign messaging" and 7.7 percent weren't sure.

Sixty percent of respondents told the Harvard CAPS/Harris poll that the speech "divides [the country] and holds it back" while 54 percent added that it "was an example of fear mongering."

"62 percent of Americans believed Biden's comments about Trump and his MAGA followers 'increases division in the country,'" chimes in the I&I/TIPP poll. "Perhaps surprisingly, Democrats—at 73 percent—were more likely to say that Biden's MAGA comments increased division than either Republicans (50 percent) or independents (57 percent)."

VOZ - Divisive Rhetoric and the Democrat Party

Hillary Clinton Calling Trump Voters - Basket of Deplorables

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I haven't watched a debate since 2012 when they asked the candidates if they preferred American Idol or Dancing with the stars.

The modern corporate media debate format is ridiculous.

They should be doing this on long form podcasts where they can actually discuss issues instead of just chasing soundbytes between commercials.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong

If SCOTUS denies Trumps claim of absolute Presidential immunity, and makes the announcement before the debate (the decision is expected either today or tomorrow), Trump will be fuming too much to hold it together for the debate.

Then again, if the Court rules in his favor, Trump might go into the debate wondering if Biden might already have someone on Trump's Secret Service protection detail ordered to kill him. Also an unsettling burden under which to begin a debate.

Even if SCOTUS does Trump "a solid" (as they used to say back in the day), and delays their decision until Friday, the suspense will be weighing on Donnie's mind.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I think its Obama's fault because even with Bush before him and Clinton, everything was not so divisive. It wasn't so much white v. black, republican v. democrat.

According to all msm in the USA which is extreme D/left leaning, disagreeing with them = misinformation.

And then you are instantly branded with a "ist" label.Racist, mysogonist, etc.

No debate is allowed anymore. Fall in line comrade or you’re going to get branded.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 01:07 PM
link   
TRUMP COMING IN HOT!

Up 18 points over crooked Joe: www.breitbart.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hakaiju
I've said it a few times before, but I believe it's worth repeating. They should have a host representing each side and each given equal time to host. That way no candidate or host can receive all of the questions in advance and neither can the candidates hide from really relevant and difficult questions. It would be a big step towards a much fairer debate.
Pass it on and just maybe the right people will hear. Maybe it might even happen in the next debate?

Nice idea but never going to happen

Neither is getting a good unbiased moderator.

If I got to vote for moderator I’d vote for Joe Rogan.

Hell I think both Trump and Biden should have their own episode on Rogans podcast. I’d pay money to watch that.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Since I am an expert in American politics, I can state with 100% certainty that Biden will walk out with a machete, Trump will pull out some nun chucks, perform a flawless backflip, knock the machete from Biden's hand and knock him out in the first 15 seconds.

Then he's going to walk up to the CNN hosts and call them bitches, drop a mic and walk off.

FACT

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I'd prefer Thunderdome, myself.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 01:16 PM
link   

This is the type of alternate reality BS I am tired of seeing from the Liberals.

I mean really?

That’s not how it went down and if you really believe that, get checked out by someone.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Because Joe Biden will have enough drugs in his system tonight to make Hunter green with envy, Donald Trump should be able to easily press the right buttons, if his intel recon found what drug cocktail was infused, over the past few days.

Certain words and voice inflections can trigger seizures, or stupors, or incontinence.

Joe Biden already told CNN he wanted the podium closest to the bathroom!

Biden is Sicker than we know: www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze
I would hope if it got out there enough, the networks would feel that they would be called out if they didn't adopt two hosts. Or the candidates should insist on it.
But, sadly, I believe you are right. I can dream though.

And yeah, I'd buy in to seeing them on Rogan.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Prior/Next President, Donald Trump waves to supporters as he exits his jet in ATLANTA (where tonight's debate will be held).

gettr.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It is IMPERATIVE that Team Trump be allowed to videotape tonight's debate!

As surmised last week, CNN will use a 90second "delay" in order edit out Biden screw-ups!

Source: gettr.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare
TRUMP COMING IN HOT!

Up 18 points over crooked Joe: www.breitbart.com...

Not to rain on your parade, but that's favorability rating ... not polling on who you'd vote for. And those national polls mean nothing. It's the state electoral college that means everything. Right now, Trump is ahead in the state by state electoral college polling. But that could easily change. And if the DEMS pull Biden out and replace him, all bets are off.

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 02:11 PM
link   

As surmised last week, CNN will use a 90second "delay" in order edit out Biden screw-ups!

Are you being funny or serious?
Is there a delay on this thing?
So when Biden freezes on stage, CNN can edit that out and quick go to a different camera?

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Are you being funny or serious?
Is there a delay on this thing?
So when Biden freezes on stage, CNN can edit that out and quick go to a different camera?

Can confirm

1-2 minute delay per various news sources

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: pianopraze
Can confirm
1-2 minute delay per various news sources

WHAT THE HELL?!?! Really?

So CNN can edit it as it wishes ...
taking out the parts where Biden freezes and stumbles ...
Inserting other more favorable camera angles off him ...

That's just not right!

posted on Jun, 27 2024 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Yes.

Not the bee.

When called out cnn responded "this is false, debate will begin at 9pm."

Lol they completely said something different after saying it was false.

"The podium is blue" - "this is false, the podium will be on stage"
edit on 27-6-2024 by pianopraze because: Sp

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join