It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump backs Louisiana law requiring Ten Commandments in schools

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Yeah, because we have never seen SCOTUS rulings overturned...

Sigh....

Again, if this lined up with your ideologies(no matter how off kilter they are), you would have no problem with it. But it doesn't so you do

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 01:42 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: network dude

a reply to: Vermilion

Louisiana isn’t imposing religious doctrine on anybody.
It’s a little piece of paper on a wall.

Can you please tell us the first line of this "little piece of paper" that the State of Louisiana is MANDATING be placed in every public school classroom from kindergatern to college, in a place easy to see and large enough that it is easy to read?

should the art displayed on the SCOTUS building be ruled unconstitutional as well?

nathanielsegal.mysite.com...#:~:text=Moses%20is%20depicted%20in%20the,written%20from%20right%20to%20le ft.

The very first line from your link:

The doors of the Supreme Court chamber don't literally have "the Ten Commandments engraved on each lower portion."

Why do you hate the 1st Amendment?

explain why I hate the first amendment.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Can you please tell us the first line of this "little piece of paper" that the State of Louisiana is MANDATING be placed in every public school classroom from kindergatern to college, in a place easy to see and large enough that it is easy to read?

should the art displayed on the SCOTUS building be ruled unconstitutional as well?

nathanielsegal.mysite.com...#:~:text=Moses%20is%20depicted%20in%20the,written%20from%20right%20to%20le ft.

There have been rulings on permanently carved walls, etc.

Some have been covered up. Others have been left as is.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 02:05 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 02:50 PM
link   

ATTENTION...please read before posting further....

Be the Change You Wish to See. Redux.

BE AWARE THAT IF YOUR POST IS NOT ON TOPIC AND/OR IS ABOUT OTHER MEMBERS YOU MAY BE ABOUT TO HAVE POSTS REMOVED. OR YOU MAY BE TEMPORARILY POST BANNED!

Everyone and I mean everyone is allowed to post here on topic and to do so without being called names or becoming the target of others' posts. Debate the topic and leave each other out of it. OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS are encouraged.
Those who refuse to get that concept may be POST BANNED!!!

These rules apply to all threads and if you want to engage in personal attacks there are other sites on the Internet where you can do that. Our goal is for ATS to be above that. For members here to post like mature adults.
YOU are responsible for your own posts

And, as always...
Do not reply to this post.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Non-sequitur.

What other constitutional rights, besides freedom of religion, would you like to see taken from the people and passed on to the states?

Any one that gets you all worked up is fine with me.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

Can you please tell us what exactly the state is mandating the children look at, read, practice or otherwise even acknowledge.

“Thou shalt have no other gods before me.”

That's the first line of the "little piece of paper" that the State of Louisiana is mandating must be posted in every classroom, from kindergarten to college.

It is an act of imposing a certain god and its religion and religious doctrine on all the students and staff within the public schools in the state. It is a blatant violation of the 1st Amendment.

Louisiana is not mandating that anybody read, ponder, question, deny, look at, nor even acknowledge that little harmless piece of paper on the wall.
If you disagree then please post any kind of evidence that any of those things are mandated.

Porkchop had a very good point so I’ll repost for you..,

Now, if they were putting it on the walls and teaching a full section on it and saying you have to follow these commandments, then yes you would have a leg to stand on with the 1st amendment BS. But they are not, so you don't.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Now, if they were putting it on the walls and teaching a full section on it and saying you have to follow these commandments, then yes you would have a leg to stand on with the 1st amendment BS. But they are not, so you don't.

She doesn't get it; I have already said that unless they mandate a religion then it isn't the 1st. Then when I ask about Muslim prayer rooms in most schools now, and that they get out of school early on Fridays for the Friday prayers what about that?

I don't have a problem with either, but some here call one religion diversity and the other fascism.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 05:35 PM
link   
The thread title actually is.

Trump backs Louisiana law requiring Ten Commandments in schools

He’s just fishing for votes.

As if he cares about the 10 Commandments.

edit on pm66America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Louisiana is not mandating that anybody read, ponder, question, deny, look at, nor even acknowledge that little harmless piece of paper on the wall.

If that's the case, what's it there for then? What is the purpose of mandating a harmless little piece of paper be placed on the wall in every public-school classroom, from kindergarten to college, in a way that's easy to see and read?

Such a BIG law for such a little piece of paper, especially since it's going to cost the state taxpayers so much money in legal fees to defend!

What's it all for?

Porkchop had a very good point so I’ll repost for you..,

No he didn't. His point is moot. I'll repeat for you why that is.

Stone v. Graham, 449 U.S. 39 (1980), was a court case in which the Supreme Court of the United States ruled that a Kentucky statute was unconstitutional and in violation of the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment, because it lacked a nonreligious, legislative purpose. The statute required the posting of a copy of the Ten Commandments on the wall of each public classroom in the state.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 5420242024k44America/Chicago2024-06-26T17:44:54-05:0005pm2024-06-26T17:44:54-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 05:45 PM
link   

If that's the case, what's it there for then? What is the purpose of mandating a harmless little piece of paper be placed on the wall in every public-school classroom, from kindergarten to college, in a way that's easy to see and read?

Such a BIG law for such a little piece of paper, especially since it's going to cost the state taxpayers so much money in legal fees to defend!

What's it all for?

Dare I say.

Pushing an agenda.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 05:52 PM
link   

You’d have to ask a Louisianan.
Those people have spoken.
I’m guessing a majority of them want it there on the wall.
Just my guess.

Such a big law?
Don’t worry about the costs, the taxpayers have a endless supply.
Just ask Jack Smith.
He just flaunted that fact in Trumps classified docs case.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I’ll remind you like I reminded Annee that the Kentucky case was decided 5-4.

With this 6-3 current Christian nationalist dominionist court, can you not see Louisiana prevailing?

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

What's it all for?

Dare I say.

Pushing an agenda.

I moved my family halfway across the country so my son could go to an amazing school.

The betterment of schools is an awesome agenda.
Who could ever disagree with that?

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 06:11 PM
link   

With this 6-3 current Christian nationalist dominionist court, can you not see Louisiana prevailing?

I wouldn't put anything past this obviously corrupt Court, especially after today's ruling that gifts and gratuities given to public officials, politicians and judges after the fact, are not "bribes".

But, you DO think that the posting of the 10 Commandments is a religious endorsement, right? You just think the court should rule that state sponsored religious endorsements are perfectly constitutional, right?

edit on 4720242024k20America/Chicago2024-06-26T18:20:47-05:0006pm2024-06-26T18:20:47-05:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 06:13 PM
link   

What's it all for?

Dare I say.

Pushing an agenda.

I moved my family halfway across the country so my son could go to an amazing school.

My kid is Autistic and non-religious.

Define “better” school.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 06:25 PM
link   

What's it all for?

Dare I say.

Pushing an agenda.

Define “better” school.

My son has autism as well.
The California school districts acted like they gave a crap but they just wanted the money they get for him.
They promised accommodations and help.
Nothing.
Just biannual zoom meetings with incompetent woke bureaucrats acting as health professionals.
So I hired his ABA to go to class with him.
Imagine how bad those schools became during Covid.

Anyway, now he’s thriving by himself in mainstream classes.
I don’t have to have an ABA in his classes anymore.
He doesn’t need them there.
When he needs accommodations this district is on it.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 06:25 PM
link   

NO. This is clear violation.

I’ve been following Dominionism for many years. Christian Nationalists have been getting more media attention the last few years.

I think it’s going to backfire as more and more people consider themselves non-religious.

SCOTUS is already on high alert from some of their judgments.

posted on Jun, 26 2024 @ 06:41 PM
link   

What's it all for?

Dare I say.

Pushing an agenda.

Define “better” school.

My son has autism as well.
The California school districts acted like they gave a crap but they just wanted the money they get for him.
They promised accommodations and help.
Nothing.
Just biannual zoom meetings with incompetent woke bureaucrats acting as health professionals.
So I hired his ABA to go to class with him.
Imagine how bad those schools became during Covid.

Anyway, now he’s thriving by himself in mainstream classes.
I don’t have to have an ABA in his classes anymore.
He doesn’t need them there.
When he needs accommodations this district is on it.

Depends on the school — not the state.

I’ve always had excellent assistants.

However, junior year is going to be more challenging.

He can’t do math. I sent a tray of play money to his case manager. They played store with him — teaching him money. More practical then algebra.

—————————-

Back on topic —. He does not need the 10 Commandments.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join