It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone explain the crime Trump did?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Sounds like there would need to be proven an element of intent.....

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: JinMI

I don't see how they are even crimes. Let alone felonies.

Nor do I, but for the sake of argument, it's a lingering question.

He made the payments in 2017 to influence the 2016 election.

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Trump's lawyer should have told him not to hide the money trail in the first place. He was the professional who was supposed to advise his client to do things legally. Trump had ideas when he was president and his presidential legal council told him he could not do things and he didn't do them. But his lawyer he had for years did not say no to Trump so Trump believed he was right with what he was doing.

I put the blame on Cohen, he was supposed to know the law and make sure Trump followed it....that was his responsibility to do it right. He should have quit if Trump wanted him to do something improper.

Then who do they have testify against Trump? The guy who was supposed to be telling him no, you cannot legally do that.

Boy, is our legal system messed up in this country, I think we need to redo the whole legal system and make sure lawyers are not paid to let people get away with doing wrong things. It was Trump's responsibility to get lawyers to make sure things were done correctly, which is what he did do.....go after the lawyers and also any judges who do not follow our laws. WE live in a country where deceivers have all the power now.

Does anybody think if Cohen intended to defraud Trump, he would have done exactly what he did? Isn't it obvious by now? 😃

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Hehe.

That's honestly the allegation too, can't make it up.

Yet, again for the sake of argument, if it was found (which it was) that he also did this historically for non political means, does that pass the reasonable doubt standard?

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 09:31 AM
link   

The Supreme Court will see that in 2015 post-testimonies. 😀

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

What's becoming obvious is that Cohen was the one to cover up and profit from Cohens affair with Stormy.

I mean, following the money and facts, that's where it would lead on its face.

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Another thing to consider that has not been discussedd much - I think Mark Levin has made the point.

These payments happened AFTER Trump had already been elected President - in fact, 3 months after.
The charge was that he made them and concealed them with the intent to help promote himself in an election. (the wording in NY law)

Quite the strategy - get elected and then make payments in order to win an election. Groovy.

I guess you could say that he was talking to Daniels about paying her after the election and keeping her quiet in the run up to November 2016, but where is the evidence of that????

Even then - in the run up to the election the media were ALREADY barraging the airwaves with accusations of sex scandals relating to Trump.
We're supposed to believe he thought this one would make a difference?
edit on 1/6/2024 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Of course, but the jury was instructed that if they found Trump guilty of anything, then they could just say, "guilty" and not specify the charges.

That's how they got all 34 counts.

Hell, I'm afraid now. I once taped a Cubs game to watch later without the expressed consent of Major League Baseball.

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

For all those on this thread who claim Trump did no wrong, i am sure he would have loved to have you on The Jury.

Unfortunately 12 of his peers found him unanimously guilty on all charges. I am sure if the same jury had passed the same verdict to Biden you would be slapping each others back with glee.

Now i really am out.

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Of course, but the jury was instructed that if they found Trump guilty of anything, then they could just say, "guilty" and not specify the charges.

That's how they got all 34 counts.

Hell, I'm afraid now. I once taped a Cubs game to watch later without the expressed consent of Major League Baseball.

This is like the 1 900 number theory of legalise.

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

For all those on this thread who claim Trump did no wrong, i am sure he would have loved to have you on The Jury.

Unfortunately 12 of his peers found him unanimously guilty on all charges. I am sure if the same jury had passed the same verdict to Biden you would be slapping each others back with glee.

Now i really am out.

If only Biden were competent enough for a court room....

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Now i really am out.

Straw man argument - no one has said Trump did no wrong.
We're trying to have a proper discussion on what appears to be a politicall sham trial and one of the most significant misuses of the judicial system to interfere in an election there has ever been.

You just keep popping up with nonsense, whilst not answering questions.

Given you have no intention of engaging objectively, very glad you are 'out' - though I suspect your hate of Trump will not keep you away too long.

edit on 1/6/2024 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

yup, you certainly fit the description in my post.

bet your bottom dollar anyone attempting to actually explain the crime will make a fool of themselves attempting to do so.

I cannot wait for your calls to arms when this is successfully appealed and you go harping on about its time to support acts of violent protest because the government is overthrowing the will of the people. It is pathetic how predictable this script is honestly, and reinforces my belief that the majority of humans are just ignorant cattle just waiting to be exploited for gain.

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Now i really am out.

LOL, weak sauce all around, but totally expected, as listed in the OP.
You have no idea what this is about, other than what the newz told you. And I'm sure if they execute Trump for this horrible crime, you will cheer for that. (see how projection sounds just as dumb when others do it) but you do you.

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Do you happen to have the exact date? All sources indicate checks and invoices were dated weeks or days prior to his election in 2016, not after.

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Page 3

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Page 3

Fascinating. So that allegation and subsequent conviction doesn't track. However, collaborating with Cohen to do any kind of suppression whether financially compensated or not, was stupid.

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 10:26 AM
link   

If justice was blind, then the collaboration before the 2020 election to suppress Hunters laptop could be seen as election interference.

If justice was blind.

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 10:27 AM
link   

No. But I know 12 people who can tell you. 34 times. S'nuff for ya?

Gotta love Amerika, Comrad. (Yours not mine)
Peace!

😆✌️
edit on 06241030America/ChicagoSat, 01 Jun 2024 10:28:10 -050028202400000010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2024 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Copy that. This sets precedence, whether the GOP takes advantage to repay the favor is another can of worms.

As much as I love a good revenge story, I can't abide by revenge politics. All I want is MAGA even if Trump can't have his redemption arc. To be fair Reagan coined that phrase first, and I would like to think of Trump as his second coming. I would like to....

edit on 1-6-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join