It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake Aurora's produced by HAARP

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 02:52 AM
link   
a reply to: xWorldxGonexMadx

What everyone seems to be missing, is we have been getting auroras much further south than usual since last year on and off, in fact there have been so many in recent months I’m tired of seeing people’s pictures of them.
The thing is not only is it very rare to see this phenomena so far south, to be seeing it on quite a regular basis is highly unusual indeed.

Could this be a sign of either increased sun activity, or a weakening/shifting magnetic field? Neither is good news for us. Considering the unusual weather patterns over the past few years, specifically the very high temperatures all this could be very concerning.

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 03:17 AM
link   
You know, that's not the point. You scoff, but It's not a drama thing, it's not about conspiracy even. It's about the abnormality of it. I, from a personal point of view, would just like to know what the hell happened, what did I see?, what's going on, should we be concerned? Is it natural, if it is, what caused it? Is it an indication of something terribly wrong in our atmosphere/ionosphere/magnetic field? If it is any of the afore-mentioned, what triggered it? How do we fix it? Can we fix it?

If it's not natural and ppl with expensive toys are doing something that could potentially destroy our world as we know it. Are they being responsible with those toys, are we able to later hold them accountable if they break things? Or are we just supposed to take the blame, as usual, like global warming. Ppl cause a fraction of the damage compared to the factories that are owned by mighty rich powerful ppl with friends in high places and are not held accountable, its easier to just blame the sodding useless eater on the street, so they don't have to change their practices and help those sodding ppl save the planet they are destroying, cause believe you me, that sodding useless eater can not produce as much ... sod, as any one of those factories. The sods would always choose the greener cleaner way if it was made available and affordable by those mighty ppl controlling factories. The problem has to be tackled at the root, which is on factory production level, not the sod on the street. Ie biodegrable plastic has been available for over a decade, do they use it? Nope ... but it's our fault.

Or another one, cern, you can not possibly on a reasonable level believe that creating mini black-holes so you can study what happens here on our planet with it's own magnetic field, would be safe and expect absolutely 0 repercussions. You can't play with space and time and expect no fallout! The thing is, if they break things, I suspect the repercussions would be so catastrophic that there would be absolutely no point in holding them responsible, because there won't be a world. You can't possible be so egotistical to believe you a mere elevated sod, could control a black-hole indefinitely, especially if you keep playing with it and making it stronger and more powerful. You ask me, if any of these 'glitches ppl are video'ing are real, it's not because we live in a matrix, (the matrix is a friggin movie, deal with it ok, it's not real) I firmly believe that if those incidences are real, let's see: cern; mini pockets where space time is messed up / glitch video where space/time is messed up. What if, and this is purely hypothetical, what if, when they think they are just collapsing those little mini blackholes they played with, they are actually not, it's just being displaced? energy can't be created nor destroyed, it can only be converted into another form of energy, that's a law of science. Now you've taken energy, created a mini blackhole, and what, you just collapsed it? Poof the energy is gone? I don't think so. It breaks our own scientific laws of energy. If I'm right, what effect are all those (not so) collapsed mini blackholes going to have on our planet? are we looking at a situation, that every time they fire up the collider, they are just creating more and more of these pockets? what happens if it saturates all the space around us? Ok, that's hypothetical, but still, I'd like to understand these things, because falling back on a fictional masterpiece, just doesn't do it for me. and yes, I totally scoff at dumb ass matrix theories. Oh and btw on that scoffing note, what happened on the 10th and 11th with this "aurora" thing that went all around the planet, finally proves one other thing once and for all; the earth is definitely round, now what you say flat-earthers?

I am simply concerned, what happened was not anywhere near normal, auroraS in the western cape indeed ... not possible, if that was natural, then Houston, we've got a problem. So don't scoff, either way, something happened that shouldn't be possible, and it can't be good, no matter who done it or what caused it, it's not good. We should all be very worried.

Sure, it's pretty, and it would be koel (for a while at least), but what if it's an indication of dire things to come, and we so focused on the oooh and ahhhh of it (as your comment suggests we do) that we fail to see the warning signs?

a reply to: chr0naut

edit on 15 5 2024 by MrsPixie because: (no reason given)

edit on 15 5 2024 by MrsPixie because: cause I had more to say, okay? this "reason for edit" is stupid, why do I need to explain why I edited? answer me that and I'll start cooperating and fill this out every time ... maybe, it depends on your reason.

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: MrsPixie

Here's all you need to know about the recent Auroras
www.astronomy.com...

Over millennia, humans have observed and been inspired by beautiful displays of light bands dancing across dark night skies. Today, we call these lights the aurora: the aurora borealis in the northern hemisphere, and the aurora australis in the southern hemisphere.

Nowadays, we understand aurorae are caused by charged particles from Earth’s magnetosphere and the solar wind colliding with other particles in Earth’s upper atmosphere. Those collisions excite the atmospheric particles, which then release light as they “relax” back to their unexcited state.

The color of the light corresponds to the release of discrete chunks of energy by the atmospheric particles, and is also an indicator of how much energy was absorbed in the initial collision.

The frequency and intensity of auroral displays is related to activity on the Sun, which follows an 11-year cycle. Currently, we are approaching the next maximum, which is expected in 2025.

www.npr.org...

The largest geomagnetic storm in nearly two decades is hitting Earth's atmosphere. It's producing a beautiful glow in the sky all over the world.

A sunspot has sent a stream of charged particles towards Earth.

As those particles hit the Earth's atmosphere they will be heated and start glowing producing beautiful aurora.

And here's a link to space.com about the recent solar flares that cause the Aurora.
www.space.com...

The most active sunspot of Solar Cycle 25, AR3663, has done it again! Launching yet another X-class solar flare as it approaches the sun's western limb. And it's not alone; its sunspot 'cousin' AR3664 also unleashed an X-flare and several M-class solar flares. The pair of sunspots don't look like stopping anytime soon.

The two most recent solar flares erupted from AR3663 and AR3664, respectively. The first occurred at 9:42 p.m. EDT on May 7 (0142 GMT on May 8) and the second just a few hours later at 1:08 a.m. EDT (0508 GMT) this morning (May 8) according to spaceweatherlive.com.

It's hard to keep up with these hyperactive sunspots. Since May 3, AR3663 has spawned five X-class solar flares and over 20 M-flares, far more than any other sunspot in the past seven years according to spaceweather.com.

The earth is no stranger to strong Solar activity, Solar storms can and do effect technology on Earth as well as satellites.

www.space.com...

Solar activity is ramping up as we experience solar cycle 25 and with it comes an increased likelihood of solar storms — a large release of energy in form of solar flares or coronal mass ejections.

I hope this helps explain to you what happened recently.

edit on 15-5-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Did you see this video?

originally posted by: xWorldxGonexMadx

Take a look at this and tell me if what you're talking about could have been this... its a very strange weather phenomena which was approaching South Africa ona weather map by Satellite:

Watch from 25mins and 40 secs.

Apparently it was a modelling error ... but was it? Around 10th/11th March.

Makes ya wonder if they are hiding something

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

"Deny ignorance, and accept no money or goods to spread government propaganda? Good Idea!"

What's that supposed to mean?

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Huh?? Whoa!

First of all, the Aurora Borealis is not phenomenon which has never occurred before. On the contrary, it is a documented phenomenon throughout all of recorded history. That you could somehow conclude otherwise is, well, pretty surprising to say the least.

Secondly, the particle physics research being conducted at the Large Hadron Collider (constructed by CERN) is not expressly trying to create black holes; their aim is to research the sub-atomic properties of specific particles and properties of some of the outstanding questions in physics (among countless other areas of research).

Concern for wanton carelessness in research activities is fine, but please at least try to inform yourself about the subject with which you wish to be concerned about. Else risk looking like the homeless guy on the street corner wearing a sign screaming the World is going to end on Thursday at 5pm.

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 07:16 AM
link   
You are not hearing me, "two decades" ago I was 30, I am turning 50 on the 26th, 30 was my prime party days, I was up all night, going to raves etc, I have never ever ever, seen this. so it's all fine and fair and well that these this last weekend was on par with then, but there was no news, no reports (in case I DID miss it) nothing. It simply did not happen here.

this is what I saw: Hugh-Daniel Grobler Photography Gansbaai

1) Gansbaai is quite far from me, it was completely overcast by me, I saw it THROUGH the thick cloud cover
2) I saw it after midnight
3) It's winter here right now so we are currently furthest from the sun

Is there a block on mediafire's site on ATS? None of my links will open, what am I doing wrong? I'm following the hyperlink prompts. If you can't open them either, I am on the southern tip of the African continent. EDIT after numerous attempts to fix those links I simply tried to post them direct only to have the link wiped, so yea, I think ATS has a block on mediafire links, which is crazy, in which case, I can't help anyone with an x marks my location.
I am currently here
www....(nolink)/view/p2rarmxcn6skt63/66.5.jpg/file
www....(nolink)/view/n8qrqxb2g24s9gu/6BH6PIPUwfo.jpg/file
www....(nolink)/view/i6eotitn9y37to6/gr7eb01-gd-0011.png/file
www....(nolink)/view/5yr98w98ne4lxb8/Tilt_of_Earth_from_ecliptic.2.jpg/file
www....(nolink)/view/le5e1cfcq57ft7l/Miller_Projection_Main_Field-_Annual_Change_Declination_%2528D%2529.jpg/file

X marks where I am: Links to the original images:

www.siyavula.com...
www.ncei.noaa.gov...
sun9-1.userapi.com... c_uniq_tag=GZLMUKVArfvpVWRKY3qm6--xxWov6kFT5DOQYHky8Ro&type=album
3.bp.blogspot.com...
slideplayer.com...

I don't know how to explain it any clearer, we can not possibly be experiencing any form of Aurora's at all. It's not scientifically sound to suggest that we did. we didn't experience aurora's, we experienced something different at the same time. I'm not saying there weren't any aurora's that night, I'm saying that's not what I saw. My location is all wrong for it. In general, if you look at the second image, we can't experience aurora's with our location being where it is, in relation to the magnetic poles. It's just simply not scientifically possible. South Africa has never ever ever experienced the Aurora Borealis, never. We can't and if we actually really did, then something is incredibly wrong with the earth's magnetic sphere and we should all be very worried.

Can we get off the media hype now and actually investigate for ourselves? Since when is ATS all, "news media said so so it must be so"? If it's changed that that is the general accepted rule law, it needs to change it's slogan and I don't know what I'm doing here, I could have gotten the media hype from my neighbour, thanks.

edit on 15 5 2024 by MrsPixie because: Links don't work issues

edit on 15 5 2024 by MrsPixie because: Links to mediafire still don't work???

edit on 15 5 2024 by MrsPixie because: taking out your add link option and pasting links directly

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Can we get off the media hype now and actually investigate for ourselves? Since when is ATS all, "news media said so so it must be so"? If it's changed that that is the general accepted rule law, it needs to change it's slogan and I don't know what I'm doing here, I could have gotten the media hype from my neighbour, thanks.

What I posted wasn't 'media hype'. It was to inform and educate you about what you saw. If you had took the time to even look at what I'd posted, you'd have seen that it wasn't even from the "news media". This was known about and alerts about the aurora had been posted a few days before the event on scientific sites that deal with spaace 'weather'.
The sun spot that caused this was over 16 times bigger than the earth.

According to the recent NOAA SWPC discussion, region 3664 has the potential to stay busy through Monday (May 13). High to very high levels of solar activity are expected with an increased likelihood for more flares in the top two classes, M and X. The active region is a massive sunspot complex about 17 times the width of Earth, NOAA SWPC

edit on 15-5-2024 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 07:35 AM
link   
A couple points regarding H.A.A.R.P., in response to several replies here ...

Ownership of the HAARP facility was in fact transferred to the State of Alaska over a decade ago. However, contrary to some assertions here the facility has not been officially closed and periodically still conducts specific atmospheric research experiments. That said, HAARP has never had anywhere near the power required to manipulate the ionosphere in any material way and/or create phenomenon like the aurora (northern lights). In fact, the Sun has tens of thousands of times greater electromagnetic influence over our planet's ionosphere/magnetosphere than HAARP ever could have. HAARP can create some visual artifacts as by products of the research conducted there, but these phenomenon are only local and only temporary.

To put this into perspective, HAARP, due to its remote location, must be powered by generators in lieu of taking power from the utility power grid. HAARP's power is provided by (5) generator facilities each roughly equivalent to that of a train locomotive. So, to conclude that HAARP could possibly cause some grave damage to planet Earth would be akin to believing that (5) train locomotives could do the same damage. It is simply not possible, nor even realistic to consider such fantasy.

Some of the research conducted by the HAARP facility was pretty intriguing (IF you're into that sort of thing, and are nerdy like me). But worrying that HAARP was going to end humanity like the Eye of Mordor might is much ado about nothing.

edit on 5/15/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Of course it's media hyped, that's exactly what the media is basing their hype on and so the whole question just becomes self explanatory and nobody even thinks of my situation in relation to what they are saying. I did read the article, on Saturday, none of them account for what I am talking about. It's all just the same narrative repeated over and over again, like repetition will make it relevant for everyone. I don't care what the magnitude says, not saying that wasn't true, I'm saying we can't experience the aurora no matter what and if we did, a red sky in wc would not be our only problems. the networks were fine, the electric grid was fine no impact. But as per your article and others, it should have. That alone tells you that we didn't experience what was experienced up north. It's as simple as that. that we could see it through thick cloud cover is another, someone else here up North said they couldn't see it since it was overcast, it was midnight, again, darkest furthest time of the night from the sun in winter.

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 07:54 AM
link   

You appear to be dismantling your own argument here. You just got done saying nothing happened when the aurora took place as a result of the CME. But you expected something (negative) to occur...and it didn't. Yet there's some big conspiracy here which should be investigated more thoroughly. Remember, you've posted your comments in a HAARP thread, so presumably you believe that some HAARP-like atmospheric experiment caused the phenomenon you allege to have observed (when nothing happened). Can you clarify what you are saying here, because you're losing me.

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I didn't think my scenario was HAARP We're too far from Alaska for that too to see what I saw, this was coming from the SOUTH of the southern point of Africa, in other words ... I think it came from the arctic... I'm just saying in case you think I am arguing for the HAARP agenda here, I'm not. I'm just saying we couldn't have seen an aurora. Thanks for this info, though, I didn't know.

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 08:02 AM
link   
No, I actually didn't know about the warnings when I saw what I saw. I'm saying that according to articles I read when I went digging the day after, we should have had some sort of impact on networks or electric grid with a solar storm impacting us that directly to cause that red sky, which we didn't, I just saw this massive red sky. everything was bathed in solid red everywhere over the sky, through thick cloud cover at midnight at winter on the southern most tip of africa.

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Well, don't forget, the aurora manifests itself at both the north and south polar regions of Earth. Aurora Borealis (north), and Aurora Australis (south), or "Southern Lights". So, if you're located in the southern hemisphere I would expect to see such phenomenon in the southern sky. When you said 'WC' I thought you meant 'western Canada'.

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 08:10 AM
link   

As FCD has said, this is not just a phenomena in the Northern hemisphere, it's also one in the Southern one.

This might be why you are confused.

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Then why have we never ever experienced it before? not in my 50 years, ever.

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Because it is rare?

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 08:29 AM
link   

The principle reason is, with the possible exception of Chile, most land masses in the southern hemisphere are quite distant from the polar regions. This includes countries like Australia, Africa and India. The southern lights aren't particularly uncommon, but most population centers are too far away to view them.

And, perhaps most importantly, this was the very point of all the news stories about the CME's last week. The magnitude of these events eminating from the Sun was greater than normal which made the northern lights more observable to the south, and the southern lights more observable to the north, of where these phenomenon normally occur.

edit - In the northern hemisphere there are population centers well north of the arctic circle, thus the northern lights are a much more common phenomenon to be observed.

edit on 5/15/2024 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I don't know, according to the Noaa graph, (image 2 in the second set of links, the first ones to mediafire won't work. that graph shows the red for the likely aurora patches, you not just talking a little bit further visibility, look at where that red is located on the Australian continent... that's very very far. Australia i on the other side of the Indian ocean! and it's not exactly south from us, it's more like south-west of us. at a heavy angle, that's the reason for the meercat project being a joint operation between us and Australia, our location to the arctic and how far from the equator we both are. we didn't see this southwest, we saw it 160 degrees due south. I know because I wanted to know while looking at it what direction it was coming from so I got my compass out. Maybe you're right, but, if I look at that graph, I don't know, it just doesn't seem so.

posted on May, 15 2024 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Of course it's media hyped

I honestly don't think it was hyped. This was a rare large event and the sunspot and following interactions with the Earth were huge.

www.theguardian.com... e-solar-storm

Aurora australis has lit up skies across southern Australia after an “extreme” geomagnetic solar storm.

www.engineerit.co.za...

A historic solar storm impacted Earth throughout the night on Friday, 10 May 2023 and continued into Saturday, 11 May 2024. The South African National Space Agency (SANSA) Space Weather Centre issued several G4 warnings and, for the first time since 2003, one G5 warning was issued. The Geomagnetic Storm Scale indicates the severity of geomagnetic storms. It is denoted by a G followed by a number from 1 to 5, with 1 being a minor event, and 5 being an extreme event.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join