It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New House GOP Bill To Send Pro Hamas College Law Breakers to Gaza for 6 Months

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

It's easy to make demands and destroy property and harass students in America.

Soros funed the protests.. any idea who he works for

lol

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheDiscoKing

originally posted by: cherokeetroy
a reply to: TheDiscoKing

I thought you were trolling but you're being totally serious. Holy #

Indeed. I'm surprised no one has asked me about the affinity test for determining the future career trajectories of new baby Americans.

Ok. You're trolling.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: cherokeetroy

Nuh uh. Honest injun. Cross my heart.

Maybe it's like anything at ATS; Truths mixed with half truths mixed with misinformation.

edit on 9-5-2024 by TheDiscoKing because: ???

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: burritocat

Thanks man.

Funny thing is everyone else agrees with me too when it’s convenient for them. I was hear for a lot of the heated threads where there were hateful people obviously trying to stir pots and provoke clashes. Those threads had a common theme from the veteran members, its freedom of speech.

Now suddenly it seems to be a problem because people are critical of a foreign country we have no foreign treaties with. They’re the biggest beneficiary of our foreign aid in history, we’ve lended our military assistance multiple times, and just recently stationed two aircraft carriers, one of our most advanced subs, and intercepted over half of Iranian ordinance. To my knowledge they didn’t give us aid when we were in their sphere of influence in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Yet, they’d be the only nation that we’d have laws and bills in place from speaking, protesting, or boycotting. I could boycott goods from a US state without anyone blinking an eye.

Even more ironic, some of the members in this very thread have said Palestinians=hamas, hamas=terrorists, and they want to see all the terrorists and terrorists supporters die. The thread is about exiling citizens, a bill proposed by lawmakers. So some are fine with a whole nation of people dying, and US citizens dying or exiled for protesting… all while they call anyone opposed to this bill Nazis. The irony is dead on them.

I didn’t report them to the mods. I don’t think what they said is illegal or against the rules of the site. I just disagree. I don’t need new laws to protect me from things I disagree with.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Let's see. . . .

You can lose your job if you misgender (free speech)
You will get arrested if you silently pray in front of an abortion clinic (free speech)
If you support terrorism, assault Jews, want and support a genocide of Jews, that's free speech.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If you support terrorism, assault Jews

No one has said that. You’re conflating a hyper minority of incidents to a broad spectrum of opinions. People are trying to cherry pick events so they can say anyone critical of our relationship with Israel is pro hamas and therefor supporting terrorism.

It’s the same tired “hate speech, and words are violence”

want and support a genocide of Jews, that's free speech.

I haven’t seen anyone here say they support the genocide of Jews. But I did see you say Palestinians=Hamas, Hamas =terrorists, and you want to see all terrorists die. Most of Palestine is minors. I don’t know how an infant can be a terrorist.

But you’re free to say that. Just makes it ironic when you use faux outrage that people don’t want speech bills when you’re the only one who said in no uncertain terms the things you’re so upset about you’re willing to see daddy government being his boot.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

That's not the point. This discussion is about speech that's protected under the 1st Amendment. You clearly stated the calling for the genocide of all Jews is not protected speech

Yet, you want the freedom to say that all Palestinians are terrorists by association therefore, all Palestinians should be killed. You want the freedom to say that all Germans are Nazis by association therefore, all Germans should be killed.

I'm trying to see how this isn't blatantly hypocritical.

Tell me the difference between hamas and palestinians and I'll stop saying all palestinians.

The point is, you can't.

SO hamas=palestinians.

And yes, I want the death of all terrorists and their supporters.

Is that really bad to say?

lol

Haven’t seen anyone here say anything close even though you act like it’s rampant.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Until someone can explain the difference between hamas and palestinian, I'm sticking with it.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

That's not the point. This discussion is about speech that's protected under the 1st Amendment. You clearly stated the calling for the genocide of all Jews is not protected speech

Yet, you want the freedom to say that all Palestinians are terrorists by association therefore, all Palestinians should be killed. You want the freedom to say that all Germans are Nazis by association therefore, all Germans should be killed.

Tell me the difference between hamas and palestinians and I'll stop saying all palestinians.

The point is, you can't.

SO hamas=palestinians.

lol

Haven’t seen anyone here say anything close even though you act like it’s rampant.

That's because you either ignore the news, ignore posts, or the members are banned.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Until someone can explain the difference between hamas and palestinian, I'm sticking with it.

My point was you’ve tried to say people are guilty on wishing death on others just for being against the bills. I haven’t defended actually violent acts which I’m sure have occurred. But there are still people who are just protesting a foreign government, and that’s their right.

You have wished death on others though. So there’s that.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 05:56 PM
link   

The point is, you can't.

SO hamas=palestinians.

lol

That's because you either ignore the news, ignore posts, or the members are banned.

I said rampant, as in a new phenomenon. There’s always been groups who openly hate, go to 4chan. None of the people I see cheering on new bills and laws were doing so with 4chan or Nazi and KKK parades.

But you do you. You’re a champion against hate speech now, that’s your right (unless it’s a group of people you don’t like and then you’ll say the speech lol)

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Yes.

I have wished death on terrorists and their supporters.

I will own that.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Nope.

Always for free speech.

What I'm against is infringing upon the rights of others.

Which you seem okay with.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Yes.

I will own that.

What percentage of the protestors in America do you consider supporters?

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I know this isn't a group therapy session but...

You’re a champion against hate speech now, that’s your right (unless it’s a group of people you don’t like and then you’ll say the speech lol)

Yeah, you do. All the time. You have been the biggest complainer about cursing and name-calling around here for more than a decade unless you are doing the cursing and name-calling.

Using another language is total cheese. I can curse a blue streak in Swahili, but I don't.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 06:05 PM
link   

What I'm against is infringing upon the rights of others. Which you seem okay with.

Eh, I’ve said countless times there are laws in place for people who break the law. And I’ve differentiated the protestors who have only used speech to be critical of a cause.

You’re welcome to make assumptions if you wish though. I know some people like to see the world in black and white, so if I make a complex case like “I don’t even mind if my government supports Israel because they’re the only democracy in the region. I actually lean towards them in this conflict. But I don’t want to see a corrosion of rights in my own country when all we’ve done is given to them”.

That kind of position isn’t for everyone, especially someone who conflates any kind of defense of rights for people someone deems supporters of terrorism.

That’s fine man, you can have your world view and I can have mine.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TheDiscoKing

You have been the biggest complainer about cursing and name-calling around here for more than a decade unless you are doing the cursing and name-calling.

Oh please. I’ve pointed out if someone is being hyperbolic like calling someone a Nazi or communist just because they have a different take. But that’s different than being a prude.

But yea, I did name call I suppose by saying someone was now a champion against hate speech just a few pages after they called me a terrorist supporter and implied I’m a Nazi by saying Herr stinker.

Guess I should have turned the other cheek? Give me a break.

Edit: realized that wasn’t a response to me. My bad. Leaving my comment for posterity.
edit on 9-5-2024 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Yes.

I will own that.

What percentage of the protestors in America do you consider supporters?

Dunno.

Anyone that supports hamas.

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheDiscoKing

I know this isn't a group therapy session but...

You’re a champion against hate speech now, that’s your right (unless it’s a group of people you don’t like and then you’ll say the speech lol)

Yeah, you do. All the time. You have been the biggest complainer about cursing and name-calling around here for more than a decade unless you are doing the cursing and name-calling.

Using another language is total cheese. I can curse a blue streak in Swahili, but I don't.

huh.

Kay.

*shrugs*

posted on May, 9 2024 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I'd have the same reaction, too. It's neither here nor there.

Are there really people around here that support Hamas? Like, "Go, Hamas go!"?

Even a miscreant like me is full on Wolverines!. I know it would leave both of us scratching our heads because I think we got 80s koolaid vintage.

Still though, you are the first to call someone out on decorum usually just before committing some breach of decorum. Wouldn't know if it hadn't happened to me. More than once.

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join