It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It has begun... Iran begins attack on Israel, launches tons of drones towards the country

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astrocometus
a reply to: YourFaceAgain

Yes, I think this was the first time it was used in combat. Although I saw speculation it was used last year I think, but never followed up to see if that was confirmed.

How will Israel even respond does anyone even know? Iran will be waiting
for fighters won't they? Jerichos? IDK

I have no idea. I feel like if they're going to do something, just hitting Iranian proxies in the region would be pointless. Iran doesn't care about that.

If they really want to send the message that they will not tolerate such an attack as Iran launched, I think they gotta hit Iran directly. If they're not prepared to do that, I think they're better off not doing anything.

Some speculation I've seen is to hit the Iranian drone factories in western Iran. One advantage of doing that is it might piss the world off slightly less than other targets in Iran, since those drones are also being manufactured to be sent to Russia for use against Ukraine.

Edit: I would imagine the US is leaning hard on the Israelis not to fly in with the F-35. While its stealth is good, no stealth is perfect, and the last thing the US wants is one of our adversaries getting their hands on our most advanced aircraft.
edit on 17-4-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 01:42 PM
link   
If anyone is interested in another perspective, here's a good podcast you can listen to by Marc Thiessen where he talks to Frederick Kagan, who works for the American Enterprise Institute and formerly taught at West Point.

He talks about what Iran did, why, what he thinks their intent was, and what the takeaways should be. One key point is that, while we were able to defend against this attack, Iran will be able to gather a lot of data from how this went down and develop strategies to exploit weak points in the missile defense, as the Russians have been able to do in Ukraine.

It's an hour long, so it's more in-depth than anything you're gonna see on cable news or read in the newspapers.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Thanks for the link amigo! I check that out.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Iran says that if Israel retaliates against their missile attack, then Iran will 'completely destroy' Israel.

FOX NEWS

Netanyahu's comment also comes just hours after Iran’s president has vowed to completely destroy Israel, should it proceed with even the "tiniest invasion" of its country.

They will destroy them just like last time I am sure.... /s

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astrocometus

Thanks for the link amigo! I check that out.

They usually have a pretty good podcast.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Iran says that if Israel retaliates against their missile attack, then Iran will 'completely destroy' Israel.

FOX NEWS

Netanyahu's comment also comes just hours after Iran’s president has vowed to completely destroy Israel, should it proceed with even the "tiniest invasion" of its country.

I said it a few days ago, Israel needs to completely destroy Iran once and for all after Iran's latest attack.

Iran will never stop, and by waiting, Israel opens themselves up to more attacks where innocent civilians get killed.

It's time for Israel to end it.

edit on 4/17/2024 by SchrodingersRat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: KrustyKrab
To funny not to post, she nails Harris. “Word” of wisdom from potato head and kackles.

That is a scary looking wench...

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: SchrodingersRat

originally posted by: KrustyKrab
To funny not to post, she nails Harris. “Word” of wisdom from potato head and kackles.

That is a scary looking wench...

That makes her a more authentic Kamala impersonator.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Skip Iran for now...it's time for the IDF to take Rafah and fully eradicate HAMAS.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 02:16 PM
link   

FOX NEWS

I said it a few days ago, Israel needs to completely destroy Iran once and for all after Iran's latest attack.

Iran will never stop, and by waiting, Israel opens themselves up to more attacks where innocent civilians get killed.

How peaceful is your rhetoric...
I am impressed!

If Israel was able to do it then it would have done it long time ago but it's not possible.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong

Next Tuesday Sharon will mostly be channeling Kamala.

P

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Edit: I would imagine the US is leaning hard on the Israelis not to fly in with the F-35. While its stealth is good, no stealth is perfect, and the last thing the US wants is one of our adversaries getting their hands on our most advanced aircraft.

I agree, but how would they fly them there? I doubt Jordan and Iraq or Saudi Arabia would give them permission.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter_kandra

I agree, but how would they fly them there? I doubt Jordan and Iraq or Saudi Arabia would give them permission.

Jordan and Saudi Arabia might, especially if Israel gives them something in return. If not, so they would have to evade detection by those countries, which makes the routes they would have to fly longer.

Another option is to launch from Azerbaijan. Azerbaijan has had lots of problems with Iran and has a kind of alliance with Israel going that doesn't get talked about a lot. There's a base in Azerbaijan that Israel helped them build and the Azerbaijanis have said they would let Israel use.

Israel has been working on this problem for years for this exact circumstance. In the early 1980s, some analysts thought it would be impossible for Israel to hit the Iraqi nuclear reactor with the assets they had at the time, but Israel found a way to do it. They're good at improvising around problems like this.

Or they could just not use planes at all and use missiles like Astrocometus suggested. I would be that is the US's preferred option as well. Israel has missiles that have more than enough range to hit Iran.

link   

originally posted by: Consvoli

FOX NEWS

I am impressed!

If Israel was able to do it then it would have done it long time ago but it's not possible.

Of course they're able to do it.

They've held off at the request of some of their allies so as not to escalate the situation further.

But it's gone way beyond that now. And Israel can ABSOLUTELY take out Iran. Make no mistake.

If push comes to shove - and it very well may - you and all of the other terrorist apologists will see firsthand.

Watch this space.

link   

originally posted by: CarlLaFong
Skip Iran for now...it's time for the IDF to take Rafah and fully eradicate HAMAS.

Do you think Hamas will be eradicated after the war finishes?

I will refer you to what Elon Musk said a few weeks ago. How many from the Hamas have been killed he was asked, and replied how many the war has created? Elon Musk is a wise man.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 02:29 PM
link   

FOX NEWS

I am impressed!

They've held off at the request of some of their allies so as not to escalate the situation further.

But it's gone way beyond that now. And Israel can ABSOLUTELY take out Iran. Make no mistake.

If push comes to shove - and it very well may - you and all of the other terrorist apologists will see firsthand.

Watch this space.

I don't think they can do it. They have no power for such task and even if they had they wouldn't do it.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Consvoli

Yep that is true, they start them as children, actually I am sure that half of hamas and other terrorist groups have been relocated to the US thanks to biden welcome with open borders.

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 02:36 PM
link   

FOX NEWS

I am impressed!

Watch this space.

I don't think they can do it. They have no power for such task and even if they had they wouldn't do it.

Just a minute ago you said if they could, they would have done it already. Now you're saying if they could, they wouldn't do it

If Israel was able to do it then it would have done it long time ago

That's got to be the fastest flip-flop I've seen on here in a while.

Anyway, the question of whether it could be done really depends on what one means when they say "destroy Iran."

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Next Tuesday Sharon will mostly be channeling Kamala.

P

NEVER go 'FULL RETARD'!

posted on Apr, 17 2024 @ 02:48 PM
link   

You do realise, I am joking?

I'm not really Sharon on Tuesdays.

Sorry to disappoint.

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45 >>

join