It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common Sense Gun Legislation

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

originally posted by: YourFaceAgain

originally posted by: PorkChop96
a reply to: quintessentone

Again, there is nowhere in this article that says this is the only thing they are looking in to.

This is the one at the forefront to combat those that seek to hurt the kids we place in public schools.

It's funny that they're all about physical security measures now.

Parkland had a security expert evaluate their school's physical security the year before that shooting. He made a plethora of recommendations for how they could improve their security. Some of them were cheap to implement. Some of them were simple procedural changes that they could implement immediately.

They did nothing.

Anything that doesn't involve limiting gun rights, gun grabbers aren't interested.

That parkland shooter was also on the FBI radar.
Previously to that he had been basically coddled and left to his own deeds by the school itself who was too scared of running afoul of Obama’s policy to not prosecute these specific criminal kids.
Barry’s school to prison pipeline program has single handedly cost many kids their lives.

Yeah that's something that didn't get enough attention after Parkland.

The school and local authorities basically had a revolving door of violent kids that were coddled so they didn't wind up with a record.

Just like the current "reduction" in crime because they're not prosecuting them.

All Democrats care about is the numbers, even if the numbers are bull#.

If that kid had been prosecuted for his previous violence, he wouldn't have been able to buy a gun. Making background checks "universal" doesn't do # if there's nothing in the system to flag someone when they try to buy a gun.

But again, gun grabbers aren't interested in reality.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Your study said 3k teachers were polled, there are roughly 4 million teachers in the US. You do the math...

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 02:04 PM
link   

That's fine. They're allowed to be wrong just like you are. 10 seconds to activate a device vs 2 seconds to draw, aim, and fire a reply traveling at 830 feet per second.

link   

Your study said 3k teachers were polled, there are roughly 4 million teachers in the US. You do the math...

The numbers were 550,000 teachers out of 3 million for, the others against.

link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

You are a broken record bud

You can't put anything and everything into one bill, they chose the option they saw as the greatest asset to the schooss to focus on and will go from there.

Cops don't get mental/strategic military training, why do we let them carry guns?

You are choosing to ignore fact to live in your fantasy world that a "bullet proof wall"(that doesn't exist) will save these kids. The thing that is going to save these kids is the shooter not making it to classrooms, and how do we accomplish that? Arm the people working at the schools.

What a wild concept, put a gun between the student and a threat and the student no longer has to worry about the threat.

But I guess we are using too much common sense for certian people in this thread to understand

You are a broken record too bud. Nothing changes here.

That's because you don't know enough to discuss the subject and you outright refuse to open your mind and learn.

There can't be a debate if only one side of the issue knows the issue.

You and people like you hold back progress on this problem. Your insistence on remaining ignorant gets people killed.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrGashler

That's fine. They're allowed to be wrong just like you are. 10 seconds to activate a device vs 2 seconds to draw, aim, and fire a reply traveling at 830 feet per second.

That is only valid if the shooter doesn't kill the armed teacher first - isn't surprise a factor with shooters?

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Remember, math is racist.

Assuming he can even do that math.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I guess the truth hurts bud

Hope you one day realize that reality is out there, you just have to open your eyes and see it.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I guess the truth hurts bud

Hope you one day realize that reality is out there, you just have to open your eyes and see it.

I hope you do too because arming teachers and doing nothing else is not good safety measures in schools .

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Where do you keep getting the idea that they are refusing to do anything else besides arming teachers?

Show me EXACTLY where it says that?

I have bene waiting for hours and you have yet to show me

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 02:10 PM
link   

From your most recent study post

In a 2019 national survey of 2,926 teachers, more than 95% did not believe teachers should carry a gun in the classroom,[26] and concerns raised by teachers include how to keep the gun secured in the classroom, with one asking, "If a kid reaches for my gun, am I to shoot them?".

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Where do you keep getting the idea that they are refusing to do anything else besides arming teachers?

Show me EXACTLY where it says that?

I have bene waiting for hours and you have yet to show me

I've been searching the net since I came on to this thread searching for anything else Tennessee is doing in school shooting preparedness besides allowing armed teachers in the schools, so far nadda.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Oh, so getting the jump on the armed teacher is important enough to consider as a possibility, but getting the jump on the teacher trying to activate the magically enchanted bulletproof wall that takes 10 seconds to activate isn't? You know how many people you can terminate in 10 seconds? Especially if they're packed in an area like sardines waiting for that magical wall to activate completely.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Mhm, sure

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 02:16 PM
link   

From your most recent study post

In a 2019 national survey of 2,926 teachers, more than 95% did not believe teachers should carry a gun in the classroom,[26] and concerns raised by teachers include how to keep the gun secured in the classroom, with one asking, "If a kid reaches for my gun, am I to shoot them?".

...and the other survey said 550,000 out of 3 million for and the rest against...multiple surveys give a truer glimpse.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Learn poll methodology.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Still, 20% is not a majority. In any world real or made up

Keep telling yourself that arming teachers is a bad idea and maybe one day you will see how wrong you are.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Oh, so getting the jump on the armed teacher is important enough to consider as a possibility, but getting the jump on the teacher trying to activate the magically enchanted bulletproof wall that takes 10 seconds to activate isn't? You know how many people you can terminate in 10 seconds? Especially if they're packed in an area like sardines waiting for that magical wall to activate completely.

Not to mention any kids that don't make it into the damn thing in 10 seconds are just out of luck I guess.

Given he was okay with people trapped in the halls or cafeteria getting slaughtered, I can't say I'm surprised.

As I said earlier in the thread, I'm okay with some kind of safe room in principle, but there's a lot of flaws with it. It will leave many people unprotected.

I'm not willing to sacrifice those people. The gun grabbers are. I think that's sickening.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Mhm, sure

Sure and seeing a lot of protesting against this Tennessee teacher armed toting law.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Links

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join