It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nature is upside down: We are in the opening scenes of a climate disaster movie...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

Those firefighter guys I worked with resembled the keystone cops when they got a call out for a fire ,They were real heavy drinkers after what they witnessed in the aftermath of fires and PTSD was not a thing back then it really was a man's world 40 years ago .

I will be growing some tobacco if I live to the summer this year and you have just given me a idea about what to do with the dog poo

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

Those firefighter guys I worked with resembled the keystone cops when they got a call out for a fire ,They were real heavy drinkers after what they witnessed in the aftermath of fires and PTSD was not a thing back then it really was a man's world 40 years ago .

I will be growing some tobacco if I live to the summer this year and you have just given me a idea about what to do with the dog poo

lol I hope you don't feed your dog that dry crap food - garbage in garbage out and into the soil.

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I buy a few chickens a week and mix it in with other stuff for him , little sod costs me a fortune to feed

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

I buy a few chickens a week and mix it in with other stuff for him , little sod costs me a fortune to feed

I hope that dog knows his guard dog duties because he needs to earn his keep.

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 12:09 PM
link   

In this video I explain what climate sensitivity is and why it is important. Climate sensitivity is a number that roughly speaking tells us how fast climate change will get worse. A few years ago, after various software improvements, a bunch of climate models began having a much higher climate sensitivity than previously. Climate scientists have come up with reasons for why to ignore this. I think it's a bad idea to ignore this.
Sabine always researches things very well and I think that this video is worth your time. This is honestly rather scary.

posted on Jan, 27 2024 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone44

In this video I explain what climate sensitivity is and why it is important. Climate sensitivity is a number that roughly speaking tells us how fast climate change will get worse. A few years ago, after various software improvements, a bunch of climate models began having a much higher climate sensitivity than previously. Climate scientists have come up with reasons for why to ignore this. I think it's a bad idea to ignore this.
Sabine always researches things very well and I think that this video is worth your time. This is honestly rather scary.

Yes, a very scary and depressing truth to bear.

Perhaps there are remedies such as cloud seeding that could help some regions. I just read where lupins (in the legume family) may be the desired protein crop of the future in Europe and who knows where else in the world (presently grown in Australia).

As the impacts of climate change reduce mountain snowpacks around the arid West and the world, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) has recommended cloud-seeding as one way to help communities adapt to drier climates.

www.dri.edu...

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...#:~:text=and%20narrow%2Dleafed%20lupin%20(L,the%20sustainability%20of%20cropping%20systems.

posted on May, 17 2024 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSkepticGuy23

www.electroculture.life...

If you can't eat them they are weeds

posted on May, 17 2024 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

As an interesting aside, when the troops went through the South grabbing all the food they could get, the only place that didn't starve were the areas that had planted Jerusalem artichokes, because if you cut the tops down they stay fresh and hidden, and then when you want food you dig them up and use like spuds , roasted tubers with a nutty taste, they spread and become so prolific that starving would be difficult.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join