It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Texas judge grants a pregnant woman permission to get an abortion despite the state’s ban

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Dude, first of all, striping American women of their reproductive rights is not like making smoking pot legal. A woman who just found out her very wanted pregnancy in inviable and it may compromise her health, her ability to have another healthy pregnancy and even her life, is not reassured that the state in which she resides has no sympathy for her situation and will prosecute her and anyone who helps her, but hey, she can always travel, pull up stakes and move, right?

Secondly, America is ONE BIG DEMOCRACY. America is great because we have a constitution that unifies the Unted States and provides equal protection under the law for all Americans in all 50 states.

Third, do you even know what "hot boxing" is?

edit on 5720232023k51America/Chicago2023-12-17T09:51:57-06:0009am2023-12-17T09:51:57-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: quintessentone
Why would she when the existing abortion laws grant her the right to an abortion if her health is at risk?

And that goes down the path we talked about that there is more to it all than just the surface-level OP.

Yeah, extremist Christian self-righteous agenda taking precedent over a woman's health.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Secondly, America is ONE BIG DEMOCRACY. America is great because we have a constitution that unifies the Unted States and provides equal protection under the law for all Americans in all 50 states.

I do know, remember I have kids in college. America is a Republic, and a country like France is a Democracy. My point is that laws are laws and if you live in a state that has laws you disagree with then move to a state that is more aligned with you. People do it all the time. Abortion laws and pot laws are both laws one is required to follow, right?

My point here is not whether the law is good or bad... 9 states allow assisted suicide, and 41 do not, as another example.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Yeah, extremist Christian self-righteous agenda taking precedent over a woman's health.

Whatever... same line another day...don't care.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I do know, remember I have kids in college.

LOL
And I bet they smack your arguments back to stone-age. And I bet they know what "hot boxing" is.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 10:21 AM
link   

I do know, remember I have kids in college. America is a Republic, and a country like France is a Democracy. My point is that laws are laws and if you live in a state that has laws you disagree with then move to a state that is more aligned with you. People do it all the time. Abortion laws and pot laws are both laws one is required to follow, right?

My point here is not whether the law is good or bad... 9 states allow assisted suicide, and 41 do not, as another example.

Bad laws and bad rules should be challenged and changed.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   

LOL
And I bet they smack your arguments back to stone-age. And I bet they know what "hot boxing" is.

They don't hot box or smoke pot. My electrical engineer son smoked pot in college and even dabbed some. After his first two years, he dropped off to just now and then with no dabbing, and in his last year he quit entirely after we talked about that even if pot is legal in WA that doesn't mean a company will not test you and not hire you, and he was tested. My other son will start his career as a doctor in the military, so zero drugs there.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Sure why not? You and Sookie act like we are in disagreement and we really aren't. I'm just more pragmatic in my approach and you all are in some emotional rush. I have said many times, if the people of Texas are against it then put more moderate people in office. What the hell else is there to do...lol

edit on x31Sun, 17 Dec 2023 11:14:24 -06002023350America/ChicagoSun, 17 Dec 2023 11:14:24 -06002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Sure why not? You and Sookie act like we are in disagreement and we really aren't. I'm just more pragmatic in my approach and you all are in some emotional rush. I have said many times, if the people of Texas are against it then put more moderate people in office. What the hell else is there to do...lol

No, I can see we are in agreement with certain points in this subject matter and are you empathic, can you feel that supposed emotional rush coming through the keyboard keys? lol

From the other abortion related thread - instead of putting people in office institute referendums for sensitive laws such as these. Let the people decide.
edit on q000000211231America/Chicago0505America/Chicago12 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 11:24 AM
link   

No, I can see we are in agreement with certain points in this subject matter and are you empathic, can you feel that supposed emotional rush coming through the keyboard keys? lol

From the other abortion related thread - instead of putting people in office institute referendums for sensitive laws such as these. Let the people decide.

I feel the heat in all your words...lol

Your second comment goes back to my point we need a federal-level law that is moderate. They say a perfect negotiation is when neither side is truly happy in the end.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I feel the heat in all your words...lol

Your second comment goes back to my point we need a federal-level law that is moderate. They say a perfect negotiation is when neither side is truly happy in the end.

That can't apply when it comes to abortion and a woman's right to choose. Either she has that right or she doesn't, there is no middle ground.

Heat in my words? Can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen? lol

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 11:29 AM
link   

That can't apply when it comes to abortion and a woman's right to choose. Either she has that right or she doesn't, there is no middle ground.

Wow, right back to one side suggesting there is only one with rights here and the other side saying there are two people with rights. Let's just rinse and repeat this another 1000 times.

After fighting for the US for over 40 years I think I can take the heat off the web...lol geez I was just replaying to you snarky comment...

supposed emotional rush coming through the keyboard keys?

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Wow, right back to one side suggesting there is only one with rights here and the other side saying there are two people with rights. Let's just rinse and repeat this another 1000 times.

After fighting for the US for over 40 years I think I can take the heat off the web...lol geez I was just replaying to you snarky comment...

supposed emotional rush coming through the keyboard keys?

A woman's right to do whatever she wants with her body is a one-sided human rights issue. That's not snarky that's the truth.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   

A woman's right to do whatever she wants with her body is a one-sided human rights issue. That's not snarky that's the truth.

That wasn't a snarky comment... only 999 more times repeating that and then we can start all over.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 11:43 AM
link   

That wasn't a snarky comment... only 999 more times repeating that and then we can start all over.

The main point of this whole subject matter is a woman's right to choose. That's why it needs to be repeated 998 more times because it fails to hit the target for some members here.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 11:55 AM
link   

The main point of this whole subject matter is a woman's right to choose. That's why it needs to be repeated 998 more times because it fails to hit the target for some members here.

I would say you are wasting your fingertips by repeatedly retyping it. You will not change anyone's opinion just like you will never see the unborn has rights too. It's an unsolvable problem for sure as both sides see themselves as 100% correct. This is why I would like to see a middle-ground law that we know will not really please either side, but provides options for both.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I would say you are wasting your fingertips by repeatedly retyping it. You will not change anyone's opinion just like you will never see the unborn has rights too. It's an unsolvable problem for sure as both sides see themselves as 100% correct. This is why I would like to see a middle-ground law that we know will not really please either side, but provides options for both.

No compromise, no middle ground with this issue is how I view it.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Well good, then you can wallow in your sorrow for those who do not have an abortion clinic within a couple of miles of them.
We can also go back that your opinion and mine mean nothing in all this. So what are you doing to change it, or are we just playing keyboard warrior with it?

Rember the other side also says "No compromise, no middle ground with this issue is how I view it."

I'll just pop some popcorn and watch the show.

edit on x31Sun, 17 Dec 2023 12:02:29 -06002023350America/ChicagoSun, 17 Dec 2023 12:02:29 -06002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Well good, then you can wallow in your sorrow for those who do not have an abortion clinic within a couple of miles of them.
We can also go back to your opinion and mine means nothing. So what are you doing to change it, or are we just playing keyboard warrior with it?

As with Ohio's referendum on this issue, the majority of the people changed it. All the people need is a voice and a vote on this one specific issue.

posted on Dec, 17 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   

As with Ohio's referendum on this issue, the majority of the people changed it. All the people need is a voice and a vote on this one specific issue.

I have said that several times in this thread, I don't see it changing in Texas anytime soon though.

<< 23  24  25    27 >>

join