It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Charged In Ohio After Miscarraige In Ohio

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Is a felony warranted? Depends if we are hearing the entire story or not. From the evidence so far, no she does not deserve a felony, but otherwise we are guessing that we know everything.
For example, if she self inflicted wounds on herself, making her water break, this is not a miscarriage.

We are guessing on how the police got involved. The case you mentioned the woman called EMS. We are told the police showed up in this case. Why the police? What more do we not know?

I think the hospital called over something we aren’t aware of yet. Was it as simple as her just getting up and leave the hospital without signing out? Did the hospital worry and sent a wellness check that spun out of control, or did she say something incriminating to a nurse or doctor before leaving?
edit on 30-11-2023 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 07:10 AM
link   
It's kinda odd that in Ohio you can abort a kid up to 21 weeks and 6 days.... By abort I would assume the fetus could be pretty well mangled....
But at 22 weeks it's a corpse that can be abused...

🤷 Wut?

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Did you read the link in the OP? For the 3rd time, she went to the hospital twice. The hospital stated her water had already broken.

“This fetus was going to be non-viable. It was going to be non-viable because she had premature ruptured membranes — her water had broken early — and the fetus was too young to be delivered,” Sterbenz said.

You do not realize that women are sent home all of the time to miscarry?

The pathologist confirmed the fetus was dead before passing through the mother.

States with restrictive abortion bans are making these and life threatening situations more common. Hospitals are afraid of being charged or sued. This woman should have received a medical abortion at the hospital when it was determined to be a non viable fetus.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Yes I read it. I have the same information you have, no more, no less.

As far as we know this might not have been her first time doing this. The article is one sided, we are only hearing half a story which seems like her side. I want to know how the police got involved. Maybe she called or maybe she didn’t. There isn’t enough information because something is being omitted from this story.
I will reserve an innocent or guilty until we know more.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Who called the cops/investigators?

Why?

Very strange isn't it... Got to be more to it.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

Did you read the link in the OP? For the 3rd time, she went to the hospital twice. The hospital stated her water had already broken.

So this is weird too. Having the water broken as it was, maybe by her one doing, is dangerous to her health to not do anything and just say, oh go home and aport it on your own. The hospital should have removed it to protect her health.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Warren Assistant Prosecutor Lewis Guarnieri said the police investigation found that Watts miscarried the baby while using the restroom and tried to plunge and flush the remains down the toilet, where it got stuck in the pipes.

Guarnieri said the toilet had to be removed by police and taken to the Trumbull County Coroner’s Office. The fetus was about 22 weeks old when the incident took place on Sept. 22.

He argued in favor of having the case move forward, with which Warren Municipal Court Judge Terry Ivanchak agreed, determining there was probable cause for the case to be bound over to the grand jury.

Guarnieri said the state did not have to prove viability, citing a section of Ohio Revised Code 2927.01 that reads, “no person, except as authorized by law, shall treat a human corpse in a way that would outrage reasonable community sensibilities.”

She outraged reasonable community sensibilities, case closed

edit on x30Thu, 30 Nov 2023 07:39:40 -06002023333America/ChicagoThu, 30 Nov 2023 07:39:40 -06002023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Getting facts on this case isn't easy, but after reading several sources on it, I don't think this woman should have been charged with anything. I do understand the need for society to bury or incinerate corpses rather than flush them down the toilet when possible, but as has been mentioned, bathroom miscarriages are common place. Are we going to start charging every woman who has one with a felony? It's ludicrous.

A member on page two stated "Welcome to the world Republicans want you to live in." I find this statement to be as ridiculous as the charges brought against this woman, and the words and actions of the prosecutor in this case repugnant.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Watch out people the fetus patrol is coming for you for been unsensitive to the community sensitivities after aborting a nonviable blob.

Wow I hate democrats in power, but republicans taking the rights to women to their bodies is worse than what democrats are doing to the country.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

And if they insisted on charging her, use the misdemeanor one that is about the family sensitivities. No, they had to go for the felony.

She should sue the hospital for sending her home, even though it's common practice in these restrictive states.

I like the people assuming she caused it to happen. If they are charging her for this, they sure as heck would have charged her if she caused it.

You and I rarely agree, but we certainly do on this.

edit on 30-11-2023 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 08:36 AM
link   

It is a precedent that is impacting women rights in the nation, we just went two generations backwards when the supreme court gave Republicans a vitory.

I am Republican, but I am pro-abortion and women rights and will be as long as I live.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYESJust replace roach with sperm; with the first person view of that scenario as a Valkyrie and her vagina.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 08:46 AM
link   
This case has zero to do with abortion or even miscarriages. This has zero to do with right vs left.
The headline by the OP is just clickbait.
It should have said…

Woman charged in Ohio for abuse of a corpse.

It’s about abuse of a corpse.
Can we not agree that abusing corpses is bad?
Is the abuse of corpses something that will make society better?

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
I’m willing to bet we are not getting the full story and it’ll come out the hospital thinks the reason her water broke was self inflicted. She went home and miscarried while the hospital alerted the authorities who show up during the flushing.

But she's not being charged with negligent homicide, or anything close to an accusation that this was self-inflicted.

According to the article she's being charged with "abuse of a corpse", based on the idea that her actions of "putting" the fetus in the toilet and then plunging the toilet, which amounts to offending "reasonable community sensibilities".

a reply to: Vermilion

How do we define that?

It seems to me the "bad" part of this case is that the community i.e. a plumber, apartment handyman, neighbors, landlord, who knows who, had to deal with the gore of a dead fetus in their pipes.
edit on 5120232023k01America/Chicago2023-11-30T09:01:51-06:0009am2023-11-30T09:01:51-06:00 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

This case has zero to do with abortion or even miscarriages. This has zero to do with right vs left.
The headline by the OP is just clickbait.
It should have said…

Woman charged in Ohio for abuse of a corpse.

It’s about abuse of a corpse.
Is the abuse of corpses something that will make society better?

You ever been sent home by a hospital to abort an already dead fetus by yourself?

Do you have any concept of what your state of mind might be?

This woman is giving birth. The fetus may not be alive, but this woman is still giving birth -- accompanied with all the hormonal changes that go along with it.

Perhaps being placed under psychiatric care would have been a better idea than facing a felony trial.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

I agree Annie, she needed mental health support, our nation is becoming one of the top nations that mental care for people with afflictions has gone down the crapper, yet down the toilet.

The first line of treatment is darn pills that causes more problems that they help because is all about pharma money, but counseling and listening to the mentally affected is no longer a line of treatment.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Perhaps being placed under psychiatric care would have been a better idea than facing a felony trial.

I don't know how anyone could disagree with you.
Surely in such circumstances the emphasis should be on helping people and not punishing them?

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I like the people assuming she caused it to happen. If they are charging her for this, they sure as heck would have charged her if she caused it.

Like you assuming you know the entire story from a news article?
Some of us do not run through life on emotions. Some of us like both sides of an incident before we decide.
Sometimes they arrest you with what they currently have as evidence (abusing a corpse) and then they will add charges as info comes in.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

Like you assuming you know the entire story from a news article?
Some of us do not run through life on emotions. Some of us like both sides of an incident before we decide.
Sometimes they arrest you with what they currently have as evidence (abusing a corpse) and then they will add charges as info comes in.

Placing her under psychiatric care does not absolve her of what she did.

Does the punishment fit the crime here?

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

So the hospital missed that she caused it 2x? Or they sent her home knowing she did? Don't they by law have to report it? The fetus was not viable when she went to the hospital according to the report and it states it was too small to deliver. So instead of performing the procedure to remove it, which as in mine and Annee's case they did, they sent her home to lose it.

1 in 8 pregnancies result in miscarraige. It's not an uncommon occurrence.
edit on 30-11-2023 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join