It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Charged In Ohio After Miscarraige In Ohio

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Well, Ohio, where the voters recently voted to protect abortion rights is charging a 33 year old woman with "abuse of a corpse".

Brittany Watts, 33 had been to the hospital twice. She was told that the fetus was non viable because she had premature ruptured membranes — her water had broken early — and the fetus was too young to be delivered.

She ended up miscarrying at home while in the bathroom. She is being charged with abuse of a corpse. The prosecution is claiming it's abuse of a corpse as the toilet was blocked up (a non growing fetus at 22 weeks was likely a bit smaller than a sweet potato). The police were called for and she was charged.

There was no injury to the fetus and it had died before passing through the mother.

WKBN

I had this situation happen to me at about 12 weeks with my first pregnancy. Although there were no indications of anything wrong until I suddenly had cramps, went into the bathroom and it occurred. I did have some tissue preserved on a towel that I used on the way to the hospital, but not all of it I don't think. It was a blur. I also thankfully was able to get a D&C (medical abortion) at the hospital so I would have no risk of infection or sterility. Kind of icky to read for some I suppose, but for women, we are all too familiar with this kind of thing.

The toilet is a common place a miscarried fetus ends up. I can only imagine how awful the situation must have been for the woman, and now her case is going to grand jury and she may receive jail time.

The prosecutor said "she went about her day". Not sure what that means exactly, but the charges as it stands now are troubling to me as a woman and a mother of daughters.

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Who called the cops/investigators?

Why?

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 08:55 PM
link   

that sounds like a terrible situation to be in I can't imagine that happening to me. I don't understand why there is such a casual disregard for the health and rights of women in this country. for some reason its acceptable to abuse and mistreat them if they are pregnant. these type of stories always break my heart and are hard to read

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 09:00 PM
link   

I miscarried in the toilet too.

This is just insane.

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 09:00 PM
link   
According to the article….

“The issue isn’t how the child died, when the child died — it’s the fact that the baby was put into a toilet, large enough to clog up a toilet, left in that toilet and she went on [with] her day,” said Warren assistance prosecutor Lewis Guarnieri.

I feel for her loss but it was handled extremely poorly.
One could argue criminally.

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Don't know. Is there some sort of protocol that you are supposed to follow?

The hospital sent her to deal with it at home. There was no birth of a baby.

The hospital asked if I had any tissue, but didn't seem like they were concerned either way. I just happened to have some that was on a towel I used so I didn't bleed all over the car seat. I honestly didn't think to dig in a toilet full of blood. I was pretty freaked out.
edit on 29-11-2023 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 09:05 PM
link   

I'm just saying, there's a rather large hole in the story.

Was she expected back at the hospital?

If not, then did she notify authorities herself?

Someone she told?

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Hole in the story or not, she did not give birth to a baby who then died and she discarded the dead baby.

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

Don't know. Is there some sort of protocol that you are supposed to follow?

The hospital sent her to deal with it at home. There was no birth of a baby.

I'm furious that anyone thinks abortion is any of their business in the first place -- unless it's their own.

How many aborted fetuses do you think get flushed down the toilet? Plenty, I'm sure.

I just by accident looked down and saw mine floating in the toilet. I didn't think to fish it out. My husband did.

edit on pm1111America/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago by Annee because: spelling

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Since when losing a nonviable fetus is now a criminal offense, what the hell is going on in America.

It makes no sense, I guess the "fetus patrol" wanted a proper burial for the blob.

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Sorry to hear that. I guess we should both be thankful that we had the protection of Roe and the hospital had no worry about doing what was necessary to keep our reproductive health. Otherwise I might not have my 3 girls.

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Hole in the story or not, she did not give birth to a baby who then died and she discarded the dead baby.

Well Frogs, if there is an immediate hole in the story, that casts doubt on the rest of the purported facts of the story....

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 09:16 PM
link   

How? The hospital stated it was non viable. The pathologist stated it was not alive when it passed through the mother. The fetus was never developed enough to even survive outside the womb.

There was no live birth of a baby. If this was a story about a live birth, I wouldn't have posted it.

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 09:21 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee

Sorry to hear that. I guess we should both be thankful that we had the protection of Roe and the hospital had no worry about doing what was necessary to keep our reproductive health. Otherwise I might not have my 3 girls.

Your hormones go crazy, there's post-partum depression, you're already messed up because you have a non-viable fetus.

And you're expected to think clearly and logically?

What self-righteous idiot made this decision?

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Fine.

Then how did the authorities get involved?

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Maybe the woman called hysterical. We don't know. You believe a woman should be charged because she miscarried a non viable fetus? Now we have to bury them? At what gestation? She wasn't at 25 weeks, 30 weeks, 40 weeks.

She didn't throw it in a ditch.

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

According to the article….

“The issue isn’t how the child died, when the child died — it’s the fact that the baby was put into a toilet, large enough to clog up a toilet, left in that toilet and she went on [with] her day,” said Warren assistance prosecutor Lewis Guarnieri.

I feel for her loss but it was handled extremely poorly.
One could argue criminally.

I'm shocked that the communists have nothing to say about this inconvenient detail.

Okay, I'm not.

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 09:33 PM
link   

No, I don't think she should be charged.

It sounds absurd.

Thus my skepticism.

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Unfortunately there have been too many stories since Roe was knocked down that may seem absurd but are happening. Women forced to carry unviable fetuses until it can be delivered or as more than one, until they almost bleed out in bathrooms at work, or until they are so ill, that by the time they perform a procedure they are sterile. Or a 10 year old rape victim can't get an abortion in her state.

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Penalizing grief.

Great job.

🤡🌍

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join