It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Charged In Ohio After Miscarraige In Ohio

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: JinMI

Maybe the woman called hysterical. We don't know. You believe a woman should be charged because she miscarried a non viable fetus? Now we have to bury them? At what gestation? She wasn't at 25 weeks, 30 weeks, 40 weeks.

Maybe a plumber was called.

Maybe plumber called police.

Seems most logical.

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Yes, true. Seems like it should have been cleared up by both the hospital and pathologist. Over zealous prosecutor? Super religious prosecutor? Or want a new law that we must bury miscarried fetuses. Wouldn't surprise me.
edit on 29-11-2023 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

So this apparently happened in early October, the 5th or so. This article is from earlier this month:

Warren Assistant Prosecutor Lewis Guarnieri said the police investigation found that Watts miscarried the baby while using the restroom and tried to plunge and flush the remains down the toilet, where it got stuck in the pipes.

Guarnieri said the toilet had to be removed by police and taken to the Trumbull County Coroner’s Office. The fetus was about 22 weeks old when the incident took place on Sept. 22.

He argued in favor of having the case move forward, with which Warren Municipal Court Judge Terry Ivanchak agreed, determining there was probable cause for the case to be bound over to the grand jury.

Guarnieri said the state did not have to prove viability, citing a section of Ohio Revised Code 2927.01 that reads, “no person, except as authorized by law, shall treat a human corpse in a way that would outrage reasonable community sensibilities.”

Link

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 09:57 PM
link   
And who defines this?

“no person, except as authorized by law, shall treat a human corpse in a way that would outrage reasonable community sensibilities.”

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Interesting that they chose the code that includes "reasonable community sensibilities" which is a felony instead of the one noted in the code above it which is the same but is "reasonable family sensibilities" and a misdemeanor.

Seems like this affects a family more than the community.

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

Interesting that they chose the code that includes "reasonable community sensibilities" which is a felony instead of the one noted in the code above it which is the same but is "reasonable family sensibilities" and a misdemeanor.

Seems like this affects a family more than the community.

Don't you think maybe mandatory psychiatric counseling would have been a better way to go?

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Aesop's Fables abound. Always the "living" testimonials

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Her handling of the baby shows she was pro abortion. There was no love for a lost child.

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I’m willing to bet we are not getting the full story and it’ll come out the hospital thinks the reason her water broke was self inflicted. She went home and miscarried while the hospital alerted the authorities who show up during the flushing.

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I guess they need poster foetuses' after passing the law?

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 11:10 PM
link   
It's a sad day when clogging a toilet becomes a criminal offense.

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 11:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I'm just saying, there's a rather large hole in the story.

Was she expected back at the hospital?

If not, then did she notify authorities herself?

Someone she told?

That is why I suspect the hospital called the police on her because of something they found, or she said while they examined her.
The police are tipped off, they swing by for a wellness check, she informs them fetus is flushed and they arrest her for said crime.
edit on 29-11-2023 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Poor was probably in shock from the experience and dissociated because she couldn't cope with the reality of what she was seeing so she just panicked and tried to flush the fetus to make it go away.

Not every woman is strong enough to pick up the remains of a miscarriage and wrap it up and give it a proper burial or disposal.

She was in a state of psychological distress and the case should be dropped because it's not like she took the fetus and made some sort of trophy art project out of its remains.

Miscarriages happen all the time.

You can't fault a society that doesn't take the time to educate women on what to do when they miscarry at home and how to handle the experience with discretion in a proper and socially acceptable way.

There are some women who can't even deal with a roach crawling on the floor without a man handling the situation for them.

If she was going through the pregnancy on her own without a mate or husband to help with situations like this she should not be faulted for freaking out and not knowing what to do when no one bothered to tell her how to handle such a tragic situation in the first place.

edit on 11/30/23 by GENERAL EYES because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
There are some women who can't even deal with a roach crawling on the floor without a man handling the situation for them.

Heck no that's a trap...

Cause no matter what she does? She can feel vindicated by thinking: At least I'm not a murderer.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: crowf00t

Yeah. It's weird. Some roaches are kill on sight for being rude little bastards challenging my dominance and others get a pass because they're so scared they and got caught in the house and run in such a panic you have to admire their speed and dexterity to make an exodus for their transgressions.

I've never seen the ones I let live make a return either.

They learned their lessons.

The defiant ones that stand there and challenge me though die a swift and painless warriors death with their honor still intact and go to roach vallhalla.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES
If women and their body; Want to see sperm and childbirth in the same manner?

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Lol the pro life crowd would be shocked to learn how many fertilized ovum get flushed down the toilet in a year...

Yeah well, this is part of a women's world, they have to be crazy to deal with that #. A shame it's all so taboo, women barely talk among each other about the less happy instances of being the bearer of life...

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Welcome to the world Republicans want you to live in.

If you think this is bad, put Trump back in office ladies.

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: crowf00t

I'm sorry I don't understand what you are trying to get at. Could you rephrase or clarify your statement?

posted on Nov, 30 2023 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive
I’m willing to bet we are not getting the full story and it’ll come out the hospital thinks the reason her water broke was self inflicted. She went home and miscarried while the hospital alerted the authorities who show up during the flushing.

The article states that during one of the 2 hospital visits she was told it was non viable because her water had already broke. The fetus was too small to deliver as you would a baby. She was sent home to miscarry.

When searching the criminal code, there was an article from a few years ago about Texas and Ohio wanting any size fetus to be buried or cremated. I read an article about another woman, with a very much wanted pregnancy who thought she was miscarrying. Went to the hospital was told she was not. Went to work, had cramps, felt a weird feeling, went to the bathroom, miscarried,was bleeding, called an EMS, they came, they asked her where the fetus was, and she realized "omg she flushed the toilet". Hers also must have been too large, when the doc saw her at the hospital they asked if she wanted to donate it for science reasons. The Ems guy fished it out.

This happens, both Annee and I have told you our experience. You're traumatized in that moment. If she was alone it would be worse. You believe a felony charge is warranted? Again there was no live birth of a baby.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join