It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin city pushes inclusive Christmas and tells people to avoid RED and GREEN

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I don't usually do lights... this year tho these frickin bay area bozos are gonna have to see the magical green and red! Maybe I will do those really large bulbs that actually have a stake you pound into the ground and mount them on it!!!!!!! Is coming here... I am surprised CA was not 1st.

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
Makes me wonder what such people would make of a traditional European Christmas market. Oh, the outrage!

Cav: Just pass me a cup of that mulled wine!

Cheers

We have rhe Dickens Fair in CA.. many people I know do not go though because of the way they treat the volunteers apparently(.... If you are a volunteer... and you don't like how you are being treated.... leave. Not like you are getting paid... you wanna be abused on your own time... whatever) anyhow.... it's a neat experience.

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Here's my issue with the situation. The government is telling the government not to use religious or red and green decorations. Yet they have teachers teach inclusivity in schools from pre-k to 12. We have holiday parties because we don't want anybody who celebrating anything else or may not be celebrating anything else to feel like they have to celebrate something that they may or may not be celebrating. This has been going on with the school now for quite some time. Yeah we're up in arms over one city having an issue with the color red and green in the meantime we're wanting students to say who they are and their beiefs but cover it up. Its okay totalk about it until you talk about the wrong holiday.

I'm gonna teach at a Christian private school after my student teaching is over.

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

They shouldn't be trying to discourage Christian religious decorations though.
That's not how to encourage inclusivity.
I say this as an anti-Christian.

They should just encourage people of other persuasions to put up THEIR decorations, and encourage people to be respectful of it.

If there aren't already people who put up other types of decorations, then WHO are they fighting for inclusivity for?

This seems like an attempt by a few radicals, to INJECT SJW values into a population that doesn't really have marginalized groups, or have a legitimate need to counter any injustices.
edit on 15/11/23 by TheValeyard because: clarification

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 03:38 AM
link   
SPAM

edit on 11/15/2023 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TheValeyard

Eh, I don't believe the state government offices need to use any religious decorations. Christian or non Christian.

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 05:47 AM
link   
If I'm reading this right they are talking about government buildings. So yeah I can see not trying so make them all abour Christmass. Though I don't agree that some may be offended if they did. If your not Christian doesn't mean you have to stop others from celebrating.

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 06:13 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 07:11 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: OmegaLogos
a reply to: quintessentone

Explanation: I seem to recall the US Constitution eh ...

The First Amendment provides that Congress make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting its free exercise.

Personal Disclosure: Seems that this government attempt to cancel christmas colors is unconstitutional at face value!

Now having read the article it seems it is not a law but a recommendation instead ... however i see no difference between the two ok.

The government should know better and when to butt out of things and its clear that in this case it has overreached on a petty matter to do with personal religious preference.

It makes me suspicious that there is another bigger hidden agenda at play ... such as cancel christianity etc!

Yeah, but, is exhibiting green and red colors as decor at Christmastime free religious expression? See where it gets sticky with intent and context?

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I will never understand this argument that we should pipe down on celebrating our holidays. For one, this country was founded as a Judeochristian nation and it will always be one. In fact, if anyone told me that there were more Christians celebrating Christmas than there were Atheists and/or Agnostics, I would tell him/her buzz off liar. Sure, there are some holidays which are almost predominantly celebrated by Christian’s, but those holidays simply don’t get even ten percent of the media support and commercialization that Christmas does. Christmas is the only holiday which really makes any noise that you could call a Christian holiday, however I would again argue that that side of Christmas is long dead given that even Japan is celebrating it nowadays, as are all Americans be they religious or not.

When we talk about immigration and assimilation, it is written all over the government literature that those who immigrate here are expected to make our nation a more multiethnic one, but never a multicultural one. Immigrating here, we expect you to learn English, to meet your neighbors, to join in the celebration of our secular holidays, and to respect the Judeochristian holidays whether you ever plan to celebrate yourself or not. We aren’t looking to adopt a 100% secular way of life. We are not interested at all in celebrating as you and your people praise a medieval, violent, raping, murderer who bangs children. We only care that if you come here, you assimilate as best as you can and you leave American values and holidays alone as we aren’t looking to adopt medieval, evil ideas and we never want your Islam to spread here. In fact, I don’t even know why you would choose to immigrate here when our civilized way of thinking will NEVER mesh with your child banging ideology of ethnic cleansing of Jews and keeping Christians, animals not humans, handy for Muslim men who have sexual tension or need a good slave, the two reasons according to Muhammad why you may want a Christian around, as they are given by god to make slaves of or sex objects.

We need to stop coddling this evil ideology, as it is usually they who have the big problem. If you don’t want Christmas, then stay the hell out of Christian nations. We will never support or adopt yours and choosing not to assimilate because of that, to only speak Arabic, to nurture angry and violent revenge beliefs because of it means you need to get the hell out, not come take our money to make yourself a free life all the while hating those around you…

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Oh good grief! Seeing what city in Wisconsin it was, not surprised at all. Some weird ass peeps in Wauwatosa. At least they're not telling citizens that they cannot have Christmas decorations. It's just city employees. Kind of stupid and pointless. I think it would be hilarious if some people snuck to the city hall building and put up all kinds of red and green Christmas lights, a huge artificial tree, and a large Nativity scene. I'd pay to see that, LOL!

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Back in the day, in the long ago, in the before times, Christmas was the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ.

Then again, he was born a Jew, so I can see how people may not like that.

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosOMegas

Electrified Christmas lights were invented by Thomas Edison (Father of Electric Christmas Tree Lights) in 1882.

"Nature is what we know. We do not know the gods of religions. And nature is not kind, or merciful, or loving. If God made me — the fabled God of the three qualities of which I spoke: mercy, kindness, love — He also made the fish I catch and eat. And where do His mercy, kindness, and love for that fish come in? No; nature made us — nature did it all — not the gods of the religions."

—New York Times interview, " 'No Immortality of the Soul' Says Thomas A. Edison" (Oct. 2, 1910)

Electrified Christmas lights don't sound Christian at all.

My tree has three modes, Colored (red, green, blue, purple), solid white, and blinking white.

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: FullHeathen

WHAT???

Are yew sayin' that Jesus didn't have a lighted Christmas tree?

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 09:11 PM
link   
why though, i mean sure red and green is used everywhere during Christmas and such, but they aren't Christian colors specifically, many colors are used like blue, white, gold, silver, etc just as much.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It's funny you post this. I was in a few stores recently and they had Christmas stuff out. I didn't see many of the traditional colors, it was allllll different colors, which is cool but what about the TRADITIONAL ones? I noticed it in the 3 stores I was in, then I come across your post this morning. I am in Florida.

Christmas is not my favorite holiday or one I even celebrate other than for my son but if people want to decorate and celebrate have at it.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

It's funny you post this. I was in a few stores recently and they had Christmas stuff out. I didn't see many of the traditional colors, it was allllll different colors, which is cool but what about the TRADITIONAL ones? I noticed it in the 3 stores I was in, then I come across your post this morning. I am in Florida.

Christmas is not my favorite holiday or one I even celebrate other than for my son but if people want to decorate and celebrate have at it.

Thank you it is interesting to hear its not just my area and I’m not making this up.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Jews can't handle the green cause of Hamas?

GTFO of my holiday heebs, aint you got huanaka to kvetch over?

<< 1  2  3   >>

join