It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin city pushes inclusive Christmas and tells people to avoid RED and GREEN

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I got some backlash with my post on what I was seeing at the stores where I live. I said something seemed odd.
Now I got my confirmation. I’m not near this place but it appears it’s seeping over the state.

There is a push to erase traditional Christmas
Here

WAUWATOSA, Wis. (TND) — A Wisconsin city is reportedly taking an “inclusive and equitable” approach to holiday festivities this year by asking city workers to avoid red and green Christmas decorations. Melissa Canatarero Weiss, the Deputy City Administrator for the City of Wauwatosa, reportedly explained the decision was made to be "inclusive" to visitors of city hall in a staff-wide email. “While we recognize the significance of this holiday for many, it is important to recognize that not all Wauwatosa employees, residents or business owners celebrate Christmas,” the email reads

So by not allowing Green and Red, isn’t that being non inclusive?
I studied art for quite a while. Color has a significant impact on people, in direct ways, subtle ways and subconscious ways.
Y’all thought I was tripping with my Black Holiday post, but I knew I wasn’t crazy.

For those that are a little slow. There is NOTHING wrong with a black tree, a pink tree or an orange tree, or no tree.
The problem is when they exclude only one thing. Wouldn’t being inclusive mean having decorations for ALL the different beliefs? Wouldn’t that be beautiful?

It does appear the law of unintended consequences is going to happen as some of the comments of the locals say they are going to go into high gear with red and green. There are lots and lots of articles on this but I just posted one.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

At least these clowns are being more open in their assault on tradition instead of trying to Bogart it past the customers.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Seems pretty stupid.

I think we should return to Christmas’ traditional roots too.

Not the coca-cola inspired mass worship of consumerism & corporate slavery of course, but a return to Saturnalia. Complete with sacrifices, 7 straight days of drinking, whoring and gambling, public feasts throughout the whole period and top it all off with giving & receiving of gifts.

Those Romans sure knew how to party. Ave Saturn.
edit on 14112023 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Not saying this to be an arse, but traditional Christmas has been a target for a very very long time. Sad to see a town of control freaks get so insane with it, but I would expect to see more of this in the near future as more CRT educated bureaucrats come on line in the work world.

The sad thing is to see Gen X and boomers glom onto this garbage as if it somehow will make for a better future. This will not stop unless there is a real revolution that punishes people for this retarded behavior and control methods.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I got some backlash with my post on what I was seeing at the stores where I live. I said something seemed odd.
Now I got my confirmation. I’m not near this place but it appears it’s seeping over the state.

There is a push to erase traditional Christmas
Here

WAUWATOSA, Wis. (TND) — A Wisconsin city is reportedly taking an “inclusive and equitable” approach to holiday festivities this year by asking city workers to avoid red and green Christmas decorations. Melissa Canatarero Weiss, the Deputy City Administrator for the City of Wauwatosa, reportedly explained the decision was made to be "inclusive" to visitors of city hall in a staff-wide email. “While we recognize the significance of this holiday for many, it is important to recognize that not all Wauwatosa employees, residents or business owners celebrate Christmas,” the email reads

So by not allowing Green and Red, isn’t that being non inclusive?
I studied art for quite a while. Color has a significant impact on people, in direct ways, subtle ways and subconscious ways.
Y’all thought I was tripping with my Black Holiday post, but I knew I wasn’t crazy.

For those that are a little slow. There is NOTHING wrong with a black tree, a pink tree or an orange tree, or no tree.
The problem is when they exclude only one thing. Wouldn’t being inclusive mean having decorations for ALL the different beliefs? Wouldn’t that be beautiful?

It does appear the law of unintended consequences is going to happen as some of the comments of the locals say they are going to go into high gear with red and green. There are lots and lots of articles on this but I just posted one.

This is my County. I plan to light up my house in red and green, so bright, they'll see it from the ISS!

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 12:27 PM
link   

It's inclusive as long as you are doing what they are telling you to do and don't question it.

Yes, green and red have been pinned to being related to Christmas. But, they are more of a holiday color than anything. Just as the color black, in decorations, is usually in relation to sadness/death/grieving/etc. Which, is what doing this would do for a lot of people and/or communities, kill Christmas.

If I have learned anything from seeing all of the D&E crap out there, it' that all D&E does it tell people it's okay to discriminate or not include the things they tell you is okay but if you don't follow their rules, you are the problem.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: SourGrapes

This is my County. I plan to light up my house in red and green, so bright, they'll see it from the ISS!

I was going to do all white this year, but now I’m going back to red and green.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 12:30 PM
link   

And yet I saw a stupid meme the other day that said something to the effect that the holidays are the time of year Republicans get to imagine and be angry that Christmas is being cancelled.

Yet here it is, in your face. Dang, Im going to go red and green here in CA because I know in advance its going to be a thing here.

I hope their dumbasses pass out from outrage in a sea of red and green kitsch.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Seems pretty stupid.

I think we should return to Christmas’ traditional roots too.

Not the coca-cola inspired mass worship of consumerism & corporate slavery of course, but a return to Saturnalia. Complete with sacrifices, 7 straight days of drinking, whoring and gambling, public feasts throughout the whole period and top it all off with giving & receiving of gifts.

Those Romans sure knew how to party. Ave Saturn.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoreCoyoteAngels

And yet I saw a stupid meme the other day that said something to the effect that the holidays are the time of year Republicans get to imagine and be angry that Christmas is being cancelled.

Yet here it is, in your face. Dang, Im going to go red and green here in CA because I know in advance its going to be a thing here.

I hope their dumbasses pass out from outrage in a sea of red and green kitsch.

I am not a Republican but I see it soo clearly..
Pretty sad if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Makes me wonder what such people would make of a traditional European Christmas market. Oh, the outrage!

Cav: Just pass me a cup of that mulled wine!

Cheers

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 12:39 PM
link   

It's what the communists do.

Destroy tradition, history, culture and replace it with the new regime approved way of thinking.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I read the article and maybe I missed it but what is the supposed reason red and green is triggering these fools?

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I'm generally not a Christmas fan, but if they are going to be stupid, and tell me no, well then, BRING ON THE LIGHTS!!!

At least the grandsons will enjoy it!

And seriously, I don't generally do anything for Christmas, except the tree, but I sure as hell don't get offended by anyone who does!

People are stupid and sensitive. I want to slap them.

edit on 14-11-2023 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

The only thing about the lights I don't like is that they get turned off after New Year's. The first three months of the year are the darkest, that is when the colored lights would be a nice sight.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 12:44 PM
link   

This is going to get everyone up in arms about it, get them to go out and buy all of the red and green decorations they can find.

Only then, is it that we realize the people pushing this are the main share holders for the companies that make those red and green decorations....

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 12:45 PM
link   
From the link, it's states to avoid using religious decorations or solely red and green at the state offices. Doesn't seem like an all out "assault" on Christmas.

There is a town here that all store fronts are covered with lights on its main Street. People love it, associate it with the holidays, including Christmas and uses a variety of colors. I've not heard of any complaints that they are erasing Christmas in any way. To be honest I love blue Christmas lights and find the suggestion in the link of using greenery, snow flakes and other colors more pleasing than just red and green. And many people do celebrate the whole holiday season who don't celebrate Christmas. Just my opinion though that it's not a big deal to get upset about. I don't wander into too many government buildings very often anyway.

Here's a pic of the store fronts.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

LOL when my boys were still home, I would leave them up until about April (when it finally got warm). But every once in a while until then, I would turn them on.
Just for fun.

Like you said, its really dark, and I live in the country.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   

This happen when the morons maxist take over the government in the states, well that is what people get for been morons themselves.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   

wonder if their gonna be all that inclusive during Kwanzaa. i mean don't they have their version of a menorah with 3 red, 3 green and one black candle.

inclusive is inclusive and all should be treated the same right?

edit on 14-11-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join