It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Florida law allows the death penalty for child rapists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Most sexual assaults on children 12 and under are committed by nuclear family members, extended family members or close trusted individuals, like the youth counselor or basketball coach.

A victim is traumatized enough. It's too cruel to make them responsible for the execution of their stepdad or stepbrother, or cousin, or an uncle or a family friend. It will demonize these child rape victims and cause a chilling effect, making them and/or their parents/guardians be reluctant to report the crime.

I was a victim of pedophilia by my grandfather's brother. It would have ruined me to know that I was responsible for my grandfather's brother's execution.
edit on 3-10-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
Most sexual assaults on children 12 and under are committed by nuclear family members, extended family members or close trusted individuals, like the youth counselor or basketball coach.

A victim is traumatized enough. It's too cruel to make them responsible for the execution of their stepdad or stepbrother, or cousin, or an uncle or a family friend. It will demonize these child rape victims and cause a chilling effect, making them and/or their parents/guardians be reluctant to report the crime.

I was a victim of pedophilia by my grandfather's brother. It would have ruined me to know that I was responsible for my grandfather's brother's execution.

That's not the best argument against the death penalty of child rapists.

Since when the victim is responsible for the execution of his/her rapists??

You said sexual assault but the law is about rape for which a death sentence to be handled there must be at least 8-4 juror majority. If not then it's a life sentence with no parole.

I don't think you will find many others to support what said.

The bill has been passed with the vast majority of both republicans and democrats voting in favour.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Muldar

Rape victims have been perceived responsible for their own rapes since the beginning of time, no matter their age.

You said sexual assault but the law is about rape

Yep. Rape is a sexual assault that included penetration. Excuse me for taking a more polite approach.

The bill has been passed with the vast majority of both republicans and democrats voting in favour.

As you said in your OP, SCOTUS has already ruled that kind of execution unconstitutional.

FYI www.abovetopsecret.com...

(post by NavyNut removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyNut
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You sure are a disgusting individual who makes no sense. I bet your a rapist yourself and I hope you live in florida.

Btw excellent news this law should be everywhere.

Ignorant poster right here.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyNut

Hey now, there is no need for that bs in here

I don't usually agree with what Sookie says, but she has the right to say it just like everyone else.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
I am against death penalty, and in this particular case, if a child rapist knows they can get the death sentence by raping a child, what stops them from killing the child, as the punishment is the same?

I agree...no body no evidence, so this law may work opposite of what they think it might.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Rape victims has been perceived responsible for their rape since the beginning of time, no matter their age.

You said sexual assault but the law is about rape

Yep. Rape is a sexual assault that included penetration. Excuse me for taking a more polite approach.

As you said in your OP, SCOTUS has already ruled that kind of execution unconstitutional.

FYI www.abovetopsecret.com...

That doesn't make rape victims and especially children responsible for what happened to them.

Not every sexual assaults is rape.

It's not unconstitutional. It means there have been precedents where the death penalty has been barred for rapists. This can change in time. The law has changed in Florida and the death penalty is now a possibility for child rapists.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

An ignoranus?

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: quintessentone

An ignoranus?

do you mean ignoramus or did you invent a new word to show how smart you are?

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 11:28 AM
link   

This is the greatest news today, pedophiles will think twice before getting their dirty nasty hands-on children, but is ok, they can move to democrat's gender confuse and wokeism states and have a great time on their children as it seems they applaud grooming and sex teaching.

I go farther, they should be completely surgical castrated and hands off too.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Woah now, all the lefties are going to come after you and say that they will just move right on to killing the kids, so this will only make things worse

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Meant what I said.

I didn't invent it.

Roger's Profanisaurus did.

Never mind, eh?

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 11:32 AM
link   

That doesn't make rape victims and especially children responsible for what happened to them.

That doesn't help the 11 year old girl, who accused her soccer coach of rape, when a whole community comes to the defense of her rapist, and blames and slut shames her and her family in the media, at school, in church, at the grocery store or just walking the family pet at the dog park.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 11:47 AM
link   

That doesn't help the 11 year old girl, who accused her soccer coach of rape, when a whole community comes to the defense of her rapist, and blames and slut shames her and her family in the media, at school, in church, at the grocery store or just walking the family pet at the dog park.

I don't know what this has to do with the law.
Allegations on their own don't make you a rapist. The burden of proof is not on the accused by the way. They need to be convicted by a competent judge and jury IF the allegations ever make it to the courts.

The problem will arise only if an innocent man is convicted. That's why there has to be at least an 8-4 juror majority. And even then you have appeals, State Supreme Court, US District Court, US Court of Appeals, US Supreme Court.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I don't know what this has to do with the law.

The law has a chilling effect, making it more unsafe for rape victims, and their families report underage rapes.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 11:52 AM
link   

How exactly does it make it unsafe for the victims and families to report the crime?

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: PorkChop96

It raises the stakes. Where once underage rape was prosecuted with jail time and perhaps medical castration for serial violators, now it's always life or death.

There will be less convictions based on the jury's reluctance to kill the defendant. There will be fewer reported crime because of the victim's family's reluctance to kill a trusted friend or family member. Social backlash will be escalated when a beloved community figures life is on the line based on an 11 year-old's accusations. Don't be surprised, when it's matter of life or death, if the victim's life,and their family member's lives, are also targeted, to protect a beloved community member.

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   

If the evidence is there to convict in the first place, why would the jury hesitate? And if they do, they should all be thrown in with the rapist.

I'm sorry, if you are a member of my family or family friend and you rape my kid, there is a good chance you might not make it to a trial. No matter the consequences I face

You don't get death sentence on accusations alone. If it is proven, without a doubt of what you did, I don't care if you are the Dali Lama himself, you will fry.

A community that will protect a "beloved member" if they are convicted of rape, is not one I would choose to stay in.
edit on 3-10-2023 by PorkChop96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Pedophiles probably don't agree with this new legislation, therefore, it's controversial.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join