It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Peons are starting to Crack over The Price of Everything

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

you're not prepared, you're just making yourself a target to be robbed.

and you will be. if you think you're ready, you're mistaken. it'll be different this time.

also, working two jobs isn't something to be proud of. it's a sign a person gave up and bends over to let the system do whatever it wants.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

you're not prepared, you're just making yourself a target to be robbed.

and you will be. if you think you're ready, you're mistaken. it'll be different this time.

also, working two jobs isn't something to be proud of. it's a sign a person gave up and bends over to let the system do whatever it wants.

You sound very young and inexperienced.
Being prepared doesn't always mean physical items, but it sure can help. YES there are times when it doesn't matter what you have prepped because you are forced to move fast, like Maui, like Ukraine, Like many other places. 100 jars of tomato sauce in the basement won't help those people. What WILL help is what is in your mind. Your knowledge, you can take that anywhere. Also just know that the unexpected can happen will help tremendously. I saw this first hand with Covid. Some people really cracked and others actually enjoyed the "time off". Which one are you?

Working two jobs isn't something to be proud of BUT the ability and willingness to do so to survive IS.

edit on 31-8-2023 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

the problem is entirely different.

the elites are afraid of people waking up, spiritually. that's what their problem is. and how can you make sure people will focus on the material side of the equation instead?

take away everything material from then you possibly can take.

result: people running around like a bunch of headless chickens, scared for their lives, food and housing. why? because they think this life is all they've got, and they won't even consider thinking about the bigger picture when they feel their life is in danger.

once you're scared, they won.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   

there's no material preparation for what is coming. food and shelter will only get you so far - and it can be taken away.

you can't win with the system by following its rules.

sidenote, I'm much older than you think.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

result: people running around like a bunch of headless chickens, scared for their lives, food and housing. why? because they think this life is all they've got, and they won't even consider thinking about the bigger picture when they feel their life is in danger.

Ever read about the great Depression. Everything was taken away from a lot of people and what you described absolutely didn't happen. What did happen was people were forced to work together, to cooperate, to improvise, and a famous term is to make due. They recycled everything, nothing went to waste. They put in gardens, they shared and bartered. The imprint of their time has been romanticized to this day because of all the positive that came out of that negative time.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Not sure what everyone's complaining about - we've never had it so good.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degenerabalus

I was reading another users post a couple weeks back. He proclaimed that he first joined ATS at the age of 9.

I’m thinking you’re in the same age group. 🤦‍♂️

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 12:17 PM
link   

/s

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

I was reading another users post a couple weeks back. He proclaimed that he first joined ATS at the age of 9.

I kinda laugh at the thought of a child or teen being on here, but you know what…?
It is probably amazing for them to actually read some different view points. So much is censored or tailored to your clicks, that how many young people really get their thoughts challenged?

If you are a youngin’ welcome, and soak it all in, But remember children should be seen and not heard 🤣

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I'm considerably older than that. I think people are fooling themselves with their pessimism or simply refusing to adapt to the times we live in. Things are great if you're enterprising and adaptable. Admittedly, the situation was tough for a while during the Trumpian years but we've moved on and much is well; not everything sure
- but you shouldn't expect perfection.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I'm considerably older than that. I think people are fooling themselves with their pessimism or simply refusing to adapt to the times we live in. Things are great if you're enterprising and adaptable. Admittedly, the situation was tough for a while during the Trumpian years but we've moved on and much is well; not everything sure
- but you shouldn't expect perfection.

I’m in the middle politically so I really do hear from both sides.
There isn’t a single real person (not online) that I know that thinks times are good.
It’s not about adapting either. There comes a point where something has to give, and we are right at that point.
Nobody expects perfection, but they do expect to be able to have a job to feed, clothe and put a roof over their head, and that is not happening in many cases.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

Relocate? Honest suggestion. If it's impossible where you are, drive to Michigan (or wherever - I'm a Brit so ignore me). But my family here are considering relocating to a cheaper area.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: socialmediaclown

I think you're right - we're heading for the 'time of trouble' prophesied in Daniel 12. Worse than anything ever seen before, worse than anything that ever will be ever again. Stay frosty.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

the elites are afraid of people waking up, spiritually. that's what their problem is.

I'm pretty sure fear of people 'waking up' is the least of their worries. All you have to do is look at the public's response and compliance to covid for proof.

posted on Aug, 31 2023 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Your faith will be like gold that has been tested in a fire. And these trials will prove that your faith is worth much more than gold that can be destroyed.

The time has come. The test of faith. Now we take the firewalk.

Catch ya on the flipside 🔥

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: KKLOCO

I kinda laugh at the thought of a child or teen being on here, but you know what…?
It is probably amazing for them to actually read some different view points. So much is censored or tailored to your clicks, that how many young people really get their thoughts challenged?

If you are a youngin’ welcome, and soak it all in, But remember children should be seen and not heard 🤣

I would have killed to have this wealth of knowledge at that age. Makes sense that kids would be here, especially since most parents don’t monitor their kid’s internet searches. Just puts it into perspective, you never know who is behind the screen talking back at you. I’ve seen too many people come out years later for confessing to be adolescents when they joined and participated.

posted on Sep, 1 2023 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyInTheOintment
a reply to: KKLOCO

Relocate? Honest suggestion. If it's impossible where you are, drive to Michigan (or wherever - I'm a Brit so ignore me). But my family here are considering relocating to a cheaper area.

I’d love to bail out. Unfortunately, I own a business and I don’t believe we are in the SHTF scenario yet. However, I did buy a decent supply of .223 yesterday.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

Well, you work as to what you need to live on, right? If you even have a job by your logic then you are already grabbing your ankles to the man.

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 05:52 PM
link   

The collapse is well underway. I think back to the hey day of 2016-2020 when I was earning a great salary working part time freelance in my industry. In just a few years, all of that has changed and I keep talking to other people who say the same - the job market is collapsing in a big way.

Normal people cant afford the cost of living. The only jobs available pay abysmally. The remote work trend is definitely eroding as well. I know it can't last but my oh my its crazy how much things have changed since 2020

posted on Sep, 6 2023 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Things are rough on this end, we have to drop internet to afford food due to rent increases and new utility costs.

I'll be going dark for a while until we get some things under control.

Tough times never last, but tough people do.

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join