It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Peons are starting to Crack over The Price of Everything

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Looks like September 1st is that day to stop spending any cash on anything...

a reply to: dothedew

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

This won't be comparable to 2008. It probably won't even be comparable to the Great Depression or any other collapse in modern history.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: socialmediaclown

But we can make good memes about it while it's happening.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: socialmediaclown

This won't be comparable to 2008. It probably won't even be comparable to the Great Depression or any other collapse in modern history.

This is wishful thinking.

Hate to break it to you, but pretty much the only thing that inflated in 08’ was gas.

This is going to be much worse than 08’.

I’m just hoping it doesn’t reach Great Depression levels.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Somebody somewhere is lying about a housing shortage. Since the 1950s there has been a big decline in the US birth rate. Now think about the 1960s and 1970s, there was no housing crisis then, so with even less people (or should I say less Americans) there should be enough housing to suffice. But through design they have got rid of thousands of houses, demolished, creating a shortage. Food is the same as houses if people can't or wont pay the going price they will have to drop the price ir go under. But in housing if there are conglomerates, ie Blackrock etc., that own the houses they would soon see them demolished than lose money on them as the land can be just as valuable as the housing.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Somebody somewhere is lying about a housing shortage. Since the 1950s there has been a big decline in the US birth rate. Now think about the 1960s and 1970s, there was no housing crisis then, so with even less people (or should I say less Americans) there should be enough housing to suffice. But through design they have got rid of thousands of houses, demolished, creating a shortage. Food is the same as houses if people can't or wont pay the going price they will have to drop the price ir go under. But in housing if there are conglomerates, ie Blackrock etc., that own the houses they would soon see them demolished than lose money on them as the land can be just as valuable as the housing.

It isn’t housing they are lying about, it’s the Population!
We have people coming in left and right.

Also in the 50-70’s children lived at home, even when going to college. Now parents kick them out at 18 (well a lot of them do)

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   

The shortage is due to the dramatic increase of vacation rentals (that are sitting empty 80%+ of the time). With companies like you mentioned Blackrock, purchasing vast amounts of residential property. It’s reduced the available inventory and consequently jacked up prices.

We need to have laws against corporations owning vast amounts of residential real estate properties.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

The shortage is due to the dramatic increase of vacation rentals (that are sitting empty 80%+ of the time). With companies like you mentioned Blackrock, purchasing vast amounts of residential property. It’s reduced the available inventory and consequently jacked up prices. We need to have laws against corporations owning vast amounts of residential real estate properties.

That is so true, so many of the starter/downsizing homes are rentals or vacations rentals.

On a side note, I’m seeing A LOT of trucks for sale lately. We’ve heard about the housing collapse, but I think it will actually be an auto collapse first.

edit on 30-8-2023 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 02:21 PM
link   

By saying it won't be comparable, I'm saying it's going to be worse. Much worse. Worse than the Great Depression.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

The shortage is due to the dramatic increase of vacation rentals (that are sitting empty 80%+ of the time). With companies like you mentioned Blackrock, purchasing vast amounts of residential property. It’s reduced the available inventory and consequently jacked up prices.

We need to have laws against corporations owning vast amounts of residential real estate properties.
The government and Blackrock & other corporations are in it together. So any laws won't do $hit. It's like the left hand telling the right hand what to do . It's all theater. I seriously think that if things continue as they are and 'they' bring in their 'great reset' things will go down catastrophically. Mass global civilazation collapse. We won't recover from this. It will be MadMax/The Purge for the few survivors

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: socialmediaclown

By saying it won't be comparable, I'm saying it's going to be worse. Much worse. Worse than the Great Depression.

My apologies. I misinterpreted what you said.

What a great time to be alive eh.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 04:40 PM
link   

What a great time to be alive eh.

No better time

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I've had to start growing my own food, stock up on canned and dry goods, I'm getting a rain catcher, and anything else that'll help my family in the long run. I'll gladly take any suggestions to save some money or better prep

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
On a side note, I’m seeing A LOT of trucks for sale lately. We’ve heard about the housing collapse, but I think it will actually be an auto collapse first.

The trucks for sale here (used and new) are 1/2 ton crew cab short box. Basically luxuries sold on how much the monthly payment will be.

Now the trucks people NEED for their businesses and jobs, i.e. 8 foot bed pickups and 1-ton work vans, are a rumor. Order a new one you might see it in six months. I directly know business being held back because of this.

And auto collapse? That started when the standard bill-of-sale got a line to roll one's current vehicle debt into the new vehicle loan. And special mention when they gave us creative financing (8+ years now!).

My bet is we're going to see a credit collapse across the economy, when consumers are finally stretched to one low monthly payment too many. And we just might be there when you see $30 kickknacks priced in payments.
edit on 30-8-2023 by gb540 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I eat one meal a day, it CAN be done in incremental steps. My grocery expenses are less than $250 a month. I don't eat out and I don't eat crap. Yes, you can eat well on a budget. It'll be your stubborn comfy zones that'll torpedo your resolve.

Look in the mirror.... overall it's the person you see who let this happen. DEAL WITH IT. Be a man, be a woman and engage the storm with grit and determination. You will win or they will win, but what's assured is that someone will win. Will that be you? Can you trim or adapt? Families usually combine resources in challenging times, are we having those discussions? If you haven't family, are you at least forming alliances with friends or neighbors?

In my opinion, that I share with so many others, this is meant to break people down to accept a CBDC. They'll beg for it if this gets really bad and that's the goal. It can't go mainstream without a large amount of users to give it validity.

Hungry, homeless tummies are a huge motivator for change. History is replete with examples.
edit on 8/30/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 06:58 PM
link   

and the most important piece of advice , learn to love zee bugs and sleeping under the stars.

edit on 30-8-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

There are only so many people that can pay 6,000 per month for a mortgage. Those that can, probably won’t. So where does that leave everyone?

Depends on where you live as to what kind of equity people have as they look for their next house. Not too many people can outright afford a million-dollar house below 250k per year earnings.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

There’s an affordable housing shortage. Most housing is built just to be held by banks and people you mentioned like Blackrock as if they were stocks or something. The remainder of what isn’t for that purpose are usually high price houses designed to be 2nd or 3rd homes for wealthy people.

I’d say it’s the most corrupt industry on the go, but I say that about every industry. Whole system is warped beyond functionality.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Side note, when I joined the military in 1997 it was 4.50 for a haircut on base, today I was walking through he BX and saw it was 20.50 for a haircut, prior to covid it was like 11.50.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Ya know. . . I hate to be that guy. . . .

BUT I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So if people are butthurt and soiling in their skinny jeans, then they deserve it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join