It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Freedom, Your Freedom

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TrulyColorBlind

America??? you're lumping a lot of countries into the melting pot that can't galvanize anymore. I know you have a problem in the USA, and the solution is not fighting the opposition.

it's mostly losers who have to preemptively call their victory in an exchange of opinions... suit yourself

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

the nice thing is you'll be there too, because if I let my fears restrict freedoms for my safety, it will also cost you yours.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

Here you are only seeing black and white, have you looked around, reality is colorful and multidimensional.

freedom affects humans, no matter their ideological entrenchment.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

The only freedom we have is the freedom to love and connect to what ever we want. Are we being led astray in this respect? yes, yes we are.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

America??? you're lumping a lot of countries into the melting pot that can't galvanize anymore. I know you have a problem in the USA, and the solution is not fighting the opposition.

it's mostly losers who have to preemptively call their victory in an exchange of opinions... suit yourself

What you just said is gibberish. It's a word salad that doesn't mean anything. I guess you have no answer in response of what I said?

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Yes, but it's the people on a certain side that are ruining it for those on the common sense side. Can't you figure out that that's why people with common sense keep pointing this out? And people like you keep denying anything's happening.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Yes dichotomous minds tend to have difficulties understanding freedom.
as everything on the other side is the antithesis of freedom.
It's not like that just because you fail to see beyond the black and white world you've locked yourself in.

you're excused.
edit on 30-8-2023 by Terpene because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Yes yes, we've all been to kindergarten and learned everything is the others fault...

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 10:16 AM
link   

the nice thing is you'll be there too, because if I let my fears restrict freedoms for my safety, it will also cost you yours.

In my case, I can move to another country if need be. I lived all over the world and have two places in other countries. I feel sorry for those who would be stuck in the mess. When I retire in a few years I plan to spend a couple of months at a time in different places around the world to really get to know the areas and not be just a flash tourist. You might be surprised that for like 500 bucks a month you can rent high-end furnished appts in many countries, so one can actually leave cheaper than at home.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I'm glad I didn't wait to be retired but lived a free life the last 15 years. now that I'm getting older I feel very satisfied.

I'm ready to profit from all the commodities the system brings, I have none of those "when I get retired" dreams. I also have nothing in the bank, but I have lived it all while in my best years.

it's always time or money... you either have time at your free disposal and lack money, or you have money at your free disposal and lack time.

you can never get back the time you sold, but you can always sell the time you have.
when it comes to the two resources, time is worth much more than what you could ever get paid for it.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrulyColorBlind

Yes, but it's the people on a certain side that are ruining it for those on the common sense side. Can't you figure out that that's why people with common sense keep pointing this out? And people like you keep denying anything's happening.

Like who, the women and workers who actually run everything? Tell us more about ignorance for the "little" things, love to learn from the bourgeoisie!

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Cwantas

How are you being led astray?

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 01:01 PM
link   

How are you being led astray?

Not me personally, I mean the masses with all this material bull#.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Yes yes, we've all been to kindergarten and learned everything is the others fault...

Look. If you don't want to have an adult conversation just say so.

And that's my final answer.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   

We couldn't ponder immaterial concepts with at least the basic material bull# covered...

You can't polish a turd, but you can grow roses with it, try that with polished gems.

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 01:58 PM
link   

We couldn't ponder immaterial concepts with at least the basic material bull# covered...

You can't polish a turd, but you can grow roses with it, try that with polished gems.

But turds don't create roses and a rose will always be a rose wherever it grows. To my eyes materialism is spiritual death.
edit on 30-8-2023 by Cwantas because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 02:29 PM
link   

You don't set the bar very high to start an adult conversation, have to give you that...

I won't lay it out for you, like I would with a kid that just interject a conversation with some stupid "me against you" drivel, without understanding the context of the adult conversation...

So go see the context like an adult and tell me who announced a loser on an argument that isn't present.

Like you, I could not read an argument by the uttered opinions. Opinions that seem a derivative of some political propagandas that stuck.
It's also a very one-sided opinion and mainly driven by fears.
But still opinions like I said.
I never claimed someone lost anything, because you can't loose opinions.
You might not be able to argue them when questioned.
But that's diffrent than announcing a looser on an undefined argument.

Now to your mature comment. And my response

Right there, you yourself have described the problem we have in America today.

If someone doesn't agree with your opinion, then their opinion is not an opinion, but random political divisiveness. You've loosed the defining moment and all it does is make you the loser.

America is a continent, have you left the USA?

USA being called a "melting pot" is a commonly known fact of history, and galvanizing is a therm from metallurgy I choose wrong.
What I meant to say is melting together diffrent metals and create new alloys. Which plays into the dichotomous part and that USA can't form new alloys due to extreme

Flew right over your adult head, I guess

As to opinions.... I think, calling other people loosers is a projection of ones own insecurity.

Oh look I laid it out for you like you were a kid...

Isn't the freedom to look stupid on an online board a beautiful thing to have?

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 02:43 PM
link   

To my eyes,

extremism is death, and balance is spiritual freedom

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 04:59 PM
link   

To my eyes,

extremism is death, and balance is spiritual freedom

So you agree that a wholly materialistic environment such as ours creates an imbalance thus restricting spiritual freedom?

posted on Aug, 30 2023 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Not sure that question still comes up once we've abolished private property, and created the material conditions to have everyone thrive in the first place.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join