It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow White is now brown according to Hollywood

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

It is not a big deal. It's an almost white chick, playing a FICTIONAL white chick. She IS very talented, in acting and singing. Did you listen to the video I posted? You don't think her voice may have something to do with her selection?

So, all this is only about talent? Kids that know Snow White will not recognize her as Snow White, as giving her blond hair would not work either. As I said before, if they decided to change Nemo from orange to purple kids would be like WTH is that? It's the same thing with the Dwarves...

Just seems there has been this massive backlash for Whitewashing because of talent/fame and now it should be about talent/fame once again?

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg
They went woke and lost the game.

What did they lose? LOL!

Who would be a good actress for this in your opinion?

Can she sing like this?

Ya think maybe it was her talent that landed her the role? Would you even know she was part Columbian if MAGA news didn't tell you?

How would you feel if they did a Tarzan reboot but cast a black man as Tarzan. Would you still support it?

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge2
a reply to: putnam6

If you want to complain about bringing religion I to this, it wasn't me. I just replied to the post about Jesus being depected as white.

No worries and apologizes BK2 I was off on a rant, no doubt

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
How would you feel if they did a Tarzan reboot but cast a black man as Tarzan. Would you still support it?

I wouldn't give even the slightest f#ck. He is an indigenous African, after all.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This isn't newsworthy anti-white racism; It's a bunch of drama queens getting triggered over a complete non-issue. I've got darker skin than her and I'm half-ginger.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare

She has a Golden Globe for performing as a lead in a musical. Are you really going to suggest somebody more talented than her was turned down for the role?

Are you jumping on the talent wagon too, as we all know it isn't about talent. Kids are very visual and once that visual is set they will not see her as Snow White and the movie will fail like the others. Here is Snow White in Hong Kong, so it is 99% a visual thing.

If they recast Dora the Explorer as a blond White girl because of her talent kids would once again say who the hell is that?

edit on 19-7-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: AlienBorg

I imagine that's exactly what they have went for.

After all "there is no such thing as bad publicity".

Out with a bit of a wooden spoon really, but as you can see, it's having the desired effect, hence the discussion and controversy that has arisen over the mere colour of a fictional character in a book.

They may as well look for discussion and controversy. Bud Light did too but it came at a price with a massive sale drop. I am sure they can both survive if they only depend on their woke customers.

And they all will survive and do very well in the future because future generations will be awake and inclusive and representation of all peoples in all social media formats will generate big profits. Keyword = representation.

Excuses excuses excuses.
As someone said earlier, everyone who subscribes to the radical left ideology sees no issue with what Disney tried to do.

Inclusion spans all ideologies and all political parties whereas racism does not.

Alternatively, the Snow White story could be turned completely on it's heels. In that, the people in the story could all be brown except Snow White who may also be brown but suffers with Vitiligo. Anything is possible with an open mind.

so taking folk tales from one people and reworking it to suit another cultures tastes and thinking it ok to delete parts is what if not cultural imperialism.. I guess that its natural the neo liberalism like new liberalism would create its own neo imperialism

i say that as an English person who can see that the Victorians did the exact same thing to other cultures and think it wrong, so if the modern cultural imperialists think it ago to alter the folk tales of other cultures then they sit in the same pot as the Victorians..

Actually folk tales have been reworked since the beginning of time when we could tell stories about goblins and things that go bump in the night. We humans migrated throughout the planet and took our cultural stories with us, the reworking of the themes is a natural assimilation process.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I wouldn't give even the slightest f#ck. He is an indigenous African, after all.

We all are indigenous Africans... just saying... lol

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: putnam6

Here's hoping this gives some children of all ethnicity some entertainment from these movies. Aside from hearing how racist the world is, from thier environment

But but... What about the poor White girls that go to the show and see a brown Snow White...

Besides what does it hurt, and who does this hurt?

Disney... The Little Mermaid will not break even in the end...

Yea I know it's completely ridiculous, evidently, Disney's ESG social credit score is on par with IG Farben's or the Trump Towers.

As far as Disney losing money, who cares hopefully they will give up some of their side hustles and then they will make better content.

I do care about all the people they employ though especially those at lower levels. If the theories are correct, they are supposed to have a certain amount of diversity in every film, which is extremely limiting and unrealistic. Think of all the great movies and try to shoehorn in a strong female character lead, and represent every race, gender, and sexual orientation. Their profits are definitely going to suffer for a while, serious doubt they see any close to their average numbers

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Oh yeah she looks so radically different I don't know how anyone will be able to tell what character she's playing.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Actually folk tales have been reworked since the beginning of time when we could tell stories about goblins and things that go bump in the night. We humans migrated throughout the planet and took our cultural stories with us, the reworking of the themes is a natural assimilation process.

Once a character is established that is what people expect, especially kids. My wife and I were watching the Korean series Alchemy of Souls and in the second season they swapped out the main character Mu-Deok and we just didn't like it much anymore and that was a Korean for a Korean.

When it comes to Disney, talent has very little to do with all this swapping. When they swapped Ariel was it also the talent? Kids were like who is that? It's not Ariel, Ariel has red hair... and so on and so forth.

In the end, it is their money or lack of...right?

edit on 19-7-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Here's hoping this gives some children of all ethnicity some entertainment from these movies. Aside from hearing how racist the world is, from thier environment

But but... What about the poor White girls that go to the show and see a brown Snow White...

Besides what does it hurt, and who does this hurt?

Disney... The Little Mermaid will not break even in the end...

I do care about all the people they employ though especially those at lower levels. If the theories are correct, they are supposed to have a certain amount of diversity in every film, which is extremely limiting and unrealistic. Think of all the great movies and try to shoehorn in a strong female character lead, and represent every race, gender, and sexual orientation. Their profits are definitely going to suffer for a while, serious doubt they see any close to their average numbers

Probably not their choice. I think this is the end game... see my post on page 17
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: AlienBorg

I imagine that's exactly what they have went for.

After all "there is no such thing as bad publicity".

Out with a bit of a wooden spoon really, but as you can see, it's having the desired effect, hence the discussion and controversy that has arisen over the mere colour of a fictional character in a book.

They may as well look for discussion and controversy. Bud Light did too but it came at a price with a massive sale drop. I am sure they can both survive if they only depend on their woke customers.

And they all will survive and do very well in the future because future generations will be awake and inclusive and representation of all peoples in all social media formats will generate big profits. Keyword = representation.

Excuses excuses excuses.
As someone said earlier, everyone who subscribes to the radical left ideology sees no issue with what Disney tried to do.

Inclusion spans all ideologies and all political parties whereas racism does not.

Alternatively, the Snow White story could be turned completely on it's heels. In that, the people in the story could all be brown except Snow White who may also be brown but suffers with Vitiligo. Anything is possible with an open mind.

so taking folk tales from one people and reworking it to suit another cultures tastes and thinking it ok to delete parts is what if not cultural imperialism.. I guess that its natural the neo liberalism like new liberalism would create its own neo imperialism

i say that as an English person who can see that the Victorians did the exact same thing to other cultures and think it wrong, so if the modern cultural imperialists think it ago to alter the folk tales of other cultures then they sit in the same pot as the Victorians..

These are excuses upon excuses.

You should just watch the video I linked earlier where a dwarf actor hammers woke ideology and a woke activist on Piers Morgan show.

Changing books, plays, novels, myths, stories, characters, is the same as changing history to fit the demands of the woke ideology.

Only people who support the woke culture and the radical left see no issue with these changes. And I doubt very much this play will go ahead.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Once a character is established that is what people expect, especially kids. My wife and I were watching the Korean series Alchemy of Souls and in the second season they swapped out the main character Mu-Deok and we just didn't like it much anymore and that was a Korean for a Korean.

When it comes to Disney, talent has very little to do with all this swapping. When they swapped Ariel was it also the talent? Kids were like who is that? It's not Ariel, Ariel has red hair... and so on and so forth.

In the end, it is their money or lack of...right?

Based

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

You don't think Halle Bailey was chosen for her talent? The same woman that ended up doing the vocals for other female characters in the movie because she was so good?

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Encia22

Probably not their choice. I think this is the end game... see my post on page 17

Kind of tough to be both Straight and White these days in Hollywood... geez

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare

You don't think Halle Bailey was chosen for her talent? The same woman that ended up doing the vocals for other female characters in the movie because she was so good?

She was chosen for two reasons, talent, but mostly that she fit in looks as to what they wanted to do. Whomever they picked it wasn't going to be a fair White girl with Black hair.

In the end, the kids will say WTH is that????

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Wouldn't it have been easier to simply say, "NO WHITE (biological) MEN"?

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 10:36 AM
link   

In the end, the kids will say WTH is that????

I know a lot of kids who have seen the movie, and they all knew who Ariel was. Kids don't fixate on skin color like conservatives do.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 10:41 AM
link   

I know a lot of kids who have seen the movie, and they all knew who Ariel was. Kids don't fixate on skin color like conservatives do.

Lol OK...I guess I'm wrong and all. Kids don't care what their favorite toons look like and you can just mix them up as long as the name is the same. You be talking some BS to support your point that YOU don't care, but we will see once again in the profits if the kids also do not care.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join