It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow White is now brown according to Hollywood

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

those woke motherf.. would be screaming to high heaven if someone tried to replace a black skinned character with a white person. but the other way around? that's not only ok in their book, it's desired. disgusting.

Seems kind of strange coming from the group that invented Cultural Appropriation anyways...lol

in terms of cultural appropriation it appears cultural imperialism is alive and well not just in the world but here to

eta with new liberalism comes new imperialism..
edit on 19-7-2023 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: AlienBorg

They're trying to change history or even erase it.

How are they trying to change or erase history?

Are they also going around collecting up all old Snow White books and DVDs of which there are literally millions in circulation?

Nope.

The Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs is part of human culture and history.

So was the Bible, and they changed that, just a thought, and yet there are still plenty of Christians about.

Because books and plays are part of our culture and history and if changes are made of the original stories that have been told for many many years then it is a change of history.

The story is Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and not Brown Prince and the non binary gender queer creatures.
edit on 19-7-2023 by AlienBorg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Because books and plays are part of our culture and history and if changes are made of the original stories that have been told for many many years then it is a change of history or culture.

So it's ok for the "Councils of Nicaea" to change ""stories"" and decide what books became part of the Bible, but not Hollywood or Disney to change a pigment?

Again changing the colour of a ""fictional"" character's skin in a film hardly amounts to changing history.

If in doubt well see white Jesus.

Does the colour he is depicted change the message behind the man?

Nope.

Hence the reason I'm rather ambivalent to believe a less-than-pristine white, Snow White, is going to be any sort of issue unless people choose to make it so.

The story is Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs and not Brown Prince and the non binary gender queer creatures.

The story is still Snow White, the difference being its not 1937 any longer but 2023.

The world is what it is, and wont stop spinning just because you can't handle the scenery, don't like the pace, or wish to get off.

Don't sweat the small stuff is my best advice AlienBorg.

End of the day if you do not want to see a version of Snow White where she is not white, don't watch the film, or simply choose to watch the 1937 version where she is indeed more to a colour of your liking, problem solved i should imagine.
edit on 19-7-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg

I imagine that's exactly what they have went for.

After all "there is no such thing as bad publicity".

Out with a bit of a wooden spoon really, but as you can see, it's having the desired effect, hence the discussion and controversy that has arisen over the mere colour of a fictional character in a book.

They may as well look for discussion and controversy. Bud Light did too but it came at a price with a massive sale drop. I am sure they can both survive if they only depend on their woke customers.

And they all will survive and do very well in the future because future generations will be awake and inclusive and representation of all peoples in all social media formats will generate big profits. Keyword = representation.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 07:21 AM
link   

nice try. there are other photos from that event though that show her in a different light, pun intended.

sorry for the domain name, not my site.

Even in that photo, lighter than I. How many people in this day and age are pure Caucasian?

I also have nothing against her ethnical background (part Colombian, part Polish). but the truth is, her skin is nowhere near "snow white", period.

I honestly don't know anyone with skin that is snow white, do you? Do you want them to find an albino actress?

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Here's what you're mad about:

She's a few shades whiter than me, a white dude, because I've done some stuff in the sun this summer.

Cope.

You're not very convincing and you try to justify Disney's gaffe.

I wasn't trying to convince you of anything. What are you talking about?

I see no gaffe. I see a gorgeous actress who is probably going to play an awesome Snow White.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 07:31 AM
link   

nice try. there are other photos from that event though that show her in a different light, pun intended.

Even in that photo, lighter than I. How many people in this day and age are pure Caucasian?

I also have nothing against her ethnical background (part Colombian, part Polish). but the truth is, her skin is nowhere near "snow white", period.

I honestly don't know anyone with skin that is snow white, do you? Do you want them to find an albino actress?

More likely Snow White was anemic and should be eating iron-rich foods rather than apples.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
More likely Snow White was anemic and should be eating iron-rich foods rather than apples.

Facts. It's not healthy to be that color.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

I don't think it matters much if you are a ""fictional character"" all the same.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Here's what you're mad about:

She's a few shades whiter than me, a white dude, because I've done some stuff in the sun this summer.

Cope.

You're not very convincing and you try to justify Disney's gaffe.

I wasn't trying to convince you of anything. What are you talking about?

I see no gaffe. I see a gorgeous actress who is probably going to play an awesome Snow White.

One of the greatest gaffes!
But you're trying to justify this gaffe with all sort of excuses.

Try watch the video I linked with Piers Morgan interviewing a woke activist and a dwarf actor who is well known for his role in movies.

The dwarf actor hammered the woke activist and Disney for their gaffe.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Justifying the gaffe?
Come on! You can do better.
No need to give support to the woke ideology. They have embarrassed themselves again.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Seriously. She's 50% Polish but apparently that isn't white enough for the purity crowd.

They also seem to coveniently ignore the fact that she has a Golden Globe for her role as Maria in Spielberg's West Side Story. So she she's clearly extremely talented in roles that have a large musical component.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I imagine that's exactly what they have went for.

After all "there is no such thing as bad publicity".

Out with a bit of a wooden spoon really, but as you can see, it's having the desired effect, hence the discussion and controversy that has arisen over the mere colour of a fictional character in a book.

They may as well look for discussion and controversy. Bud Light did too but it came at a price with a massive sale drop. I am sure they can both survive if they only depend on their woke customers.

And they all will survive and do very well in the future because future generations will be awake and inclusive and representation of all peoples in all social media formats will generate big profits. Keyword = representation.

Excuses excuses excuses.
As someone said earlier, everyone who subscribes to the radical left ideology sees no issue with what Disney tried to do.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 07:55 AM
link   
This is all due a Climate Change.. snow is no longer white...

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Piers Morgan interviews aside I don't think they like being called "dwarfs".

"Little person" or "Person of Short Stature" is generally considered to be more acceptable in this day of age.

Again its not 1923 any longer AlienBorg.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare

Seriously. She's 50% Polish but apparently that isn't white enough for the purity crowd.

They also seem to coveniently ignore the fact that she has a Golden Globe for her role as Maria in Spielberg's West Side Story. So she she's clearly extremely talented in roles that have a large musical component.

I see no reason this girl:

Can't play this character:

NOT WHITE ENOUGH!!!!1!11!

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Piers Morgan interviews aside I don't think they like being called "dwarfs".

"Little person" or "Person of Short Stature" is generally considered to be more acceptable in this day of age.

Again its not 1923 any longer AlienBorg.

If you watch the interview the actor had no problem being called a dwarf. He said, I am a dwarf.

The same arguments made by the woke activist who said this isn't 1930 but he lost all arguments and got himself embarrassed in the interview. The dwarf actor dismantled the woke ideology

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

snow is no longer white...

Let's just be happy it's not on fire.................oh wait.

www.popularmechanics.com...
edit on 19-7-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare

I see no reason this girl:

Can't play this character:

NOT WHITE ENOUGH!!!!1!11!

Trying hard to excuse the gaffe made by Disney? They went woke and lost the game.

posted on Jul, 19 2023 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Because books and plays are part of our culture and history and if changes are made of the original stories that have been told for many many years then it is a change of history or culture.

So it's ok for the "Councils of Nicaea" to change ""stories"" and decide what books became part of the Bible, but not Hollywood or Disney to change a pigment?

Again changing the colour of a ""fictional"" character's skin in a film hardly amounts to changing history.

If in doubt well see white Jesus.

Does the colour he is depicted change the message behind the man?

Nope.

Hence the reason I'm rather ambivalent to believe a less-than-pristine white, Snow White, is going to be any sort of issue unless people choose to make it so.

The story is still Snow White, the difference being its not 1937 any longer but 2023.

The world is what it is, and wont stop spinning just because you can't handle the scenery, don't like the pace, or wish to get off.

Don't sweat the small stuff is my best advice AlienBorg.

End of the day if you do not want to see a version of Snow White where she is not white, don't watch the film, or simply choose to watch the 1937 version where she is indeed more to a colour of your liking, problem solved i should imagine.

Referring you back to my earlier reply

Because books and plays are part of our culture and history and if changes are made of the original stories that have been told for many many years then it is a change of history.

You can't change or after history because you want to be 'inclusive'

Of course I will not watch the new version of the Brown Princess and the non binary gender queer creatures. I prefer the old original version just like the vast majority of people.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join