It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow White is now brown according to Hollywood

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienBorg

They already beat Ariel into submission like a no longer red-headed stepchild. Melissa McCarthy did Ursula pretty damn well, but other than that they destroyed my favorite childhood Disney movie.

* worth noting is Andersen's much more German version has Ariel killing herself at the end. So they technically rebutchered it.

In the name of times a forcefully changin'. Snow White failed to stand the test of time too. That is going to be a pandering s# show. With no dwarves.

What I want to see are all the old Pro-Nazi Germany Disney cartoons they have since tried to scrub off planet earth.

In today's day and age would anyone that looks like Walt Disney be allowed near children? "I just want to drive them around on my train is all."

I miss when Disney was clandestine and creepy, with subliminal messages and phallic artwork.
edit on 18-7-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

The funny thing is, I've asked now 2 people on this thread that it's okay to change it as long as the original source materials is still available and not censored or book-burned.

Well let's face facts DBCowboy, just about everyone with kids, and even plenty of people without, has a copy of "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" kicking about somewhere, from VHS format to Blu Ray.

I really don't see the 1937 version, or the remastered versions of the movie, disappearing anytime soon into the annals of history.

Plus If they were to burn all those books and DVDs they would probably end up with a new hole in the Ozone layer.

edit on 18-7-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ACalltoActions

The only ones who have a problem with it are the ones who actually care about skin color: Racists

Like, care enough to change skin color? It really seems that liberals are more concerned with skin color, sexuality, gender etc than others...

Most of us just do not care and really want the left just leave us out of the messes they seem to keep making. No one should care if Snow White is White or the Black Panther is Black...etc. etc. There is no reason to swap skin color/genders etc to already established characters/roles...etc. Snow White is a very European cultural-based cartoon. It just seems they have run out of talent to actually make new ones with new heroes etc that can be anything they want.

edit on 18-7-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Buddy it's not like they made Darth Vader's cape into a pride flag.

They simply changed the colour of a fairytale character's skin.

Which is no big thing unless people make it so by my guess.

Offense has to be taken AlienBorg, seldom given.

But surely this is changing history.
The story is very different and had been this way for many many years. Why do we have to go woke?

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Isaiah 53:2

“For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.“

Because he was a Jew?

Why? Do you consider Jewish people ugly?

edit on 18-7-2023 by NorthOfStuffx2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

They already beat Ariel into submission like a no longer red-headed stepchild. Melissa McCarthy's did Ursula pretty damn well, but other than that they destroyed my favorite childhood Disney movie.

In the name of times a forcefully changin'

Snow White failed to stand the test of time too.

What I want to see are all the old Pro-Nazi Germany Disney cartoons they have since tried to scrub off planet earth.

In today's day and age would anyone that looks like Walt Disney be allowed near children. Got a wispy pedo mustache by today's standard.

I miss when Disney was clandestinely creepy with subliminal messages and phallic artwork.

Since you mentioned Nazis, let's see the reaction if a movie was presenting Nazis as black, brown, or asian, so everything can be 'inclusive'.

But in this instance Disney has gone very woke with Snow White and the non binary dwarfs who may not be dwarfs after all.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 02:05 PM
link   

How is changing the colour of a "fictional" character's skin changing history?

This is to get a rise out of people AlienBorg, nothing more than a publicity stunt of sorts.

Again it does not matter what colour a person's skin is unless you make it matter.

Else shows like "Bridgerton" must really have flung you a curve ball or two.
edit on 18-7-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   

The funny thing is, I've asked now 2 people on this thread that it's okay to change it as long as the original source materials is still available and not censored or book-burned.

Well let's face facts DBCowboy, just about everyone with kids, and even plenty of people without, has a copy of "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" kicking about somewhere, from VHS format to Blu Ray.

I really don't see the 1937 version, or the remastered versions of the movie, disappearing anytime soon into the annals of history.

Plus If they were to burn all those books and DVDs they would probably end up with a new hole in the Ozone layer.

I wouldn't put it past them to actually do it.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

That is what I was pointing out. Why have there not been 30 threads about "woke" Jesus being white and historically inaccurate?

Since we do not actually know what Jesus looked like and that he was actually God in human form who knows what he looked like to different people? Different ethnic cultures use different pictures of him from white to Black and everything in between.

So maybe Disney should remake their toons where you have a selection of how you want them to look. You can select all Black and have all-Black toons, for example...lol

What I see more when Disney does these things is creating more of a segregation event. Something we fought against for like 60 years now and the left once again is embracing it.

edit on 18-7-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Maybe it will be like a "Mandela effect" type of thingamabob conversation piece in years to come?

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

No one cares what Hollywood does anymore except conservatives needing a BS talking point.

Well, no one really cares since it seems only the far left goes to see these crappy movies anyways...lol Go Woke, go broke. People just speak with their money.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Which is no big thing unless people make it so by my guess.

We are having a debate on it, nothing more. To disagree with their premise means only that. Just another woke, go broke event.

All this aside, businesses should learn to stay out of political and heated events or they lose 50%+ of their buying base. I don't think that is good, do you?

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I've mocked blonde Jesus.

Maybe be, but NO ONE MOCKS BABY JESUS!!!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Hehehe. Yes and remember shaka zulu was chinese and the spear was a samurai sword. a reply to: AlienBorg

edit on 18-7-2023 by marceldp1 because: Spelling

link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I've mocked blonde Jesus.

Maybe be, but NO ONE MOCKS BABY JESUS!!!!!

I would never mock Baby Jesus.

I'd mock baby hitler. But maybe Disney can do a biopic where Adolf is Mulato with a handicap.

Just for realism.

link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

They already beat Ariel into submission like a no longer red-headed stepchild. Melissa McCarthy did Ursula pretty damn well, but other than that they destroyed my favorite childhood Disney movie.

Let's add it was a horrible adaptation of the original storyline that was monotonous with bad songs and it drifted off into WTH is going on moments. Changing the color of her skin turned out to be the lesser problem.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

No one cares what Hollywood does anymore except conservatives needing a BS talking point.

Well, no one really cares since it seems only the far left goes to see these crappy movies anyways...lol Go Woke, go broke. People just speak with their money.

"People just speak with their money" and that's exactly the way is should be.

Even though you called me a woke commie; I worship the ground Capitalism walks on.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Fairy Tale role models that are helpless and naive young women who need a white knight to save them, sweep them off their feet and away from their problems, to live happily ever after in castle, with servants! So wholesome!

I think if you asked my wife if our 25 years together has been wholesome she would basically say having her boys and me as a husband has been her Fairy Tale. What is the other side of your tale, a woman working an 8 to 5 job trying to make ends meet with a fluttering of male and female relationships that come and go to be alone in the end?

Your wife wouldn't still be with you if she thought that you're her Prince Charming and Valient. She would have left you long ago out, of disappointment. Obviously, the very fact that she's still with you proves she's a down to reality kind of girl! LOL

edit on 18-7-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I remember being at the local mall a few years back at holiday time, and there was a long line of happy children waiting to have their photo taken with the 'Santa Claus' appearing that day.
He was White, there were many different children there that day, and I didn't hear one complaint about not having a Black Santa, or a Spanish Santa, etc. I did wonder how the little ones felt though.
But children don't think along those lines, it's the adults who have suddenly decided that color is a problem today.
Of course, everyone should be included - however, not at the exclusion of some.
P.S. The next year the mall had a White Santa and a Black Santa, and the children were still happy!

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I get your point mate about it being poetic/dramatic license and it only being a cartoon character.
But its part of the bigger issue; the narrative that is constantly being forced upon people at every opportunity.
In fact its not a 'narrative', its live and real social engineering and manipulation.

If this person - daren't say woman for fear of offending the over-sensitive - who is playing the role is genuinely the best suited for the part then fair enough, but given the current climate I suspect not.
I know only the people involved in the casting will be able to answer that but......

As for the point about Martin Luther King being played by a white man.
You say its different because MLK was a real person, so was Anne Boleyn....but it didn't stop them casting her as a Black woman.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join