It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow White is now brown according to Hollywood

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Since they are targeted mostly at young girls — they definitely need to be updated and progressed.

Who says your progressive changes are the best? You? You are very quick to suggest you are right and everyone else is wrong... You are the age of my older sister, so don't play that been there done that "I know what is best for everyone" game either.

Why do all the classical role models seem so bad to some now? There is a lot of man-hating going on in these new viewpoints, and when these women hit 45 with a small 401k and a bunch of cats to keep them company many start to realize they might have made a big mistake in how their life could have been.
edit on 18-7-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

Just like why we have so many 20 year olds right now, that can't handle life in the real world.

I’ve got a 15-year-old high functioning Autistic.

Currently being diligent that he understands the real world.

“That which is not earned has no value”

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: combatmaster

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Or is it just a brown Snow White?

I really don't see why the colour of the character should matter in this day of age.

Really? So how would you feel if let’s say they made a hollywood blockbuster and cast Ryan Gosling as Martin Luther King? Hey, they did it with Cleopatra knowing full well she wasnt black!

Donna Reed as a Native American. Just saying’

Snow White does not have to be white. She is not a real person.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Fairy Tale role models that are helpless and naive young women who need a white knight to save them, sweep them off their feet and away from their problems, to live happily ever after in castle, with servants! So wholesome!

I think if you asked my wife if our 25 years together has been wholesome she would basically say having her boys and me as a husband has been her Fairy Tale. What is the other side of your tale, a woman working an 8 to 5 job trying to make ends meet with a fluttering of male and female relationships that come and go to be alone in the end?

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Since they are targeted mostly at young girls — they definitely need to be updated and progressed.

Who says your progressive changes are the best? You? You are very quick to suggest you are right and everyone else is wrong... You are the age of my older sister, so don't play that been there done that "I know what is best for everyone" game either.

Why do all the classical role models seem so bad to some now? There is a lot of man-hating going on in these new viewpoints, and when these women hit 45 with a small 401k and a bunch of cats to keep them company many start to realize they might have made a big mistake in how their life could have been.

Classical role models?

Like being kind to animals? Don’t have to be white for that.

These parables were written when women were owned. When they had no rights.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Annee

Since they are targeted mostly at young girls —

Fairy Tale role models that are helpless and naive young women who need a white knight to save them, sweep them off their feet and away from their problems, to live happily ever after in castle, with servants! So wholesome!

Or:
Men actually cherished and protected women?
Perspective I guess.

But those type of men are bad now days, right?

Yeah feminism. Yeah wokism.
Sorry real men.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Today's Snow White will fight against the capitalist empire and bring equity to the good peoples.

She will be a beefy female that goes to save the thin straggly trans male from the evil Queen that is actually a straight white guy in drag.

The kids will just love it!!!!!

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Exactly! From a time when women were chattel.

You come a long way baby! Remember that one?

Then like 2012 it kind of went back down the hill for you all sorry to say

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw

aside from us versions I've never seen a snow white where the prince isn't the principle boy aka a girl.. more often than not more attractive than snow white..

So are we talking about a Prince that is a trans female lesbian here? Did you even check their pronouns?

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Today's Snow White will fight against the capitalist empire and bring equity to the good peoples.

She will be a beefy female that goes to save the thin straggly trans male from the evil Queen that is actually a straight white guy in drag.

The kids will just love it!!!!!

Snow White (who prefers Ze/Zer) will then open a bookshop for the People's Republic of Fairyland with her partner.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Where was you sister raised?

All my family is in Ohio, except my parents. My dad got stationed in Oakland, and my mom refused to return to Ohio.

I was raised near the beaches of Los Angeles. My mom made sure I was open minded and not indoctrinated with restrictive ideologies and behaviors — like she was growing up.

I was raised to be progressive. To move forward. To let go of antiquated thinking.

Thinking some white knight is going to make your life happen is dangerous thinking.

You have to be One before you can be Two.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I have no problem with this. Maybe she'll have snow white hair or white eyebrows to satisfy the racists.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ACalltoActions
I have no problem with this. Maybe she'll have snow white hair or white eyebrows to satisfy the racists.

The only racists are the ones changing a story simply for skin color.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlienBorg
Plays, books, novels, stories, myths, are all part of human history.

Most Disney princess movies are already unrecognizable from the source material. Why aren't you mad about that?

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Because it seems that's what it takes here now to get a point across, or an idea, opinion, etc. And was serious about wanting to see Cage in the role, would be an awesome movie. But the point stands it's just a lazy way to make a movie now.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Do the woke actually enjoy being this pitiful??

I think you may find what they are enjoying is getting a rise out of some people over the colour of a ""fictional"" character.

You need to bite for it to be an issue far as I can see.

edit on 18-7-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

Most Disney princess movies are already unrecognizable from the source material. Why aren't you mad about that?

But no one was talking about doing away with the source materials before.

I would HOPE that you are not for censoring or book burning the original source materials.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It's really hard to take these complaints seriously when this below is portrayed as Jesus in movies.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw

originally posted by: gortex
It's going to be great.

To watch the reviews.

Dwarfs who are not dwarfs
They are of different genders, some probably non binary and some other could be trans.
I think the reviews will be great.

Why do they have to be dwarfs?

There is zero reason in the story that they need to be dwarfs.

because its part of the mythology of the writer, in the same way if it the writer was from here the predominate figures would have been the pharisees (singular phari/fairy) another region it might be a dobby as we saw in harry potter..

erasing them would be like erasing folk figures from other cultures which you should only do if you're happy to rewrite the folk tales of all cultures to suit your tastes.. but then some might consider it tasteless.

Bull crap

The story does not require dwarfs.

The story was written long time ago.
If you don't like it make your own story and convince Disney to make a movie where you can use whatever characters you want. You may don't want to use dwarfs but you can use non binary giants or even Klingons and Borgs.

posted on Jul, 18 2023 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

That's not true.

Whenever they ve tried to play with the history of literature, cinema, characters, myths, books, they have been called out. It's not the first time they're trying hard to be woke.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join