It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ocean Gate Titan submersible has no tactical beacon?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomuser

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

originally posted by: Kocag
Yes it's tragic to read about people going missing like this. I wonder if did they possibly fake their deaths and disappear for some reason? Or, is this possibly a distraction from something we're missing all together?

I'm starting to wonder that myself mate .

No beacon ? No GPS of any kind to locate the vessel ? I find that highly highly HIGHLY unusual and suspect and am I understanding correctly here the vessel is remote controlled ? So no pilot is on board ?

How stupid are these people ? Who in there right mind would even get on this Sub ? I guess bored Rich people.

Supposedly there is an adventurer's club and maybe these people are genuinely adventurers.

Well, my granddad would always say, 'until something goes wrong it's not an adventure.'

I consider these types of adventures extreme...

“Climbing and soloing aren’t worth dying for, but they are worth risking dying for.” — Todd Skinner

I wholeheartedly agree. It also shows a high disregard for the sanctity of life that God has given them. A person who values their life would not needlessly put it in harms way like this. It shows a lack of respect for God's gift of life to us.

I would not go that far, but I don't understand the need for extreme sports or adventures. Maybe they put their lives in God's hands through prayer before taking the risks...God's will be done?

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I've been watching Cinema Shogun's updates on this disaster. Here is his latest on the debris that was found:

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Yes it's tragic to read about people going missing like this. I wonder if did they possibly fake their deaths and disappear for some reason? Or, is this possibly a distraction from something we're missing all together?

No beacon ? No GPS of any kind to locate the vessel ? I find that highly highly HIGHLY unusual and suspect and am I understanding correctly here the vessel is remote controlled ? So no pilot is on board ?

How stupid are these people ? Who in there right mind would even get on this Sub ? I guess bored Rich people.

Supposedly there is an adventurer's club and maybe these people are genuinely adventurers.

Well, my granddad would always say, 'until something goes wrong it's not an adventure.'

“Climbing and soloing aren’t worth dying for, but they are worth risking dying for.” — Todd Skinner

I wholeheartedly agree. It also shows a high disregard for the sanctity of life that God has given them. A person who values their life would not needlessly put it in harms way like this. It shows a lack of respect for God's gift of life to us.

I would not go that far, but I don't understand the need for extreme sports or adventures. Maybe they put their lives in God's hands through prayer before taking the risks...God's will be done?

It doesn't take much common sense to understand that he does not will for someone to needlessly put their life at risk. 🤷‍♀️

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 02:09 PM
link   

It doesn't take much common sense to understand that he does not will for someone to needlessly put their life at risk. 🤷‍♀️

Nobody knows God's will. Every time I get into my car I am taking a risk with my life.
edit on q00000010630America/Chicago1414America/Chicago6 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: devilhunter69
a reply to: putnam6

Yes I was aware of the limitations of an Airtag. Maybe i should have said a car tracking device but my point is valid. To have no tracking device at all is mad.
Like I said I am no expert but if I was drunk enough to consider going on a dive, not having as way be tracked in the event of a problem would stop me going.
Surely there are ways to track a vessel at depth ?

No that's the point, It's my understanding it's extremely difficult for the US Navy with its budget to have gear for this, much much less a private venture.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Nobody knows God's will. Every time I get into my car I am taking a risk with my life.

Yeah, that makes sense, good comparison. An everyday thing you do with a relatively low risk, compared to all of the safety cuts made in an unnecessarily risky submersible with a high chance of death where you have to sign wavers acknowledging the extremes, and now basically have a 100% chance of loss of life.

People around you probably look to you for your common sense advice all the time.

No one knows God's will.

"This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth."-1 Timothy 2:3-4.

If it was really true that no one knows God's will it would have been pointless for Jesus to say:

"Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will."-Matthew 7:21.
edit on 22-6-2023 by randomuser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Yes I was aware of the limitations of an Airtag. Maybe i should have said a car tracking device but my point is valid. To have no tracking device at all is mad.
Like I said I am no expert but if I was drunk enough to consider going on a dive, not having as way be tracked in the event of a problem would stop me going.

No that's the point, It's my understanding it's extremely difficult for the US Navy with its budget to have gear for this, much much less a private venture.

Is there a need for the navy to have equipment that goes this deep?

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Yeah, that makes sense, good comparison. An everyday thing you do with a relatively low risk, compared to all of the safety cuts made in an unnecessarily risky submersible with a high chance of death where you have to sign wavers acknowledging the extremes, and now basically have a 100% chance of loss of life.

People around you probably look to you for your common sense advice all the time.

Have you driven on the highways lately? Other risks from other vehicles in disrepair and drunk drivers, it's not 100% safe out there.
edit on q00000019630America/Chicago5757America/Chicago6 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Have you driven on the highways lately? Other risks from other vehicles in disrepair and drunk drivers, it's not 100% safe out there.

Like I said. People must flock to you because of your common sense analogies.

Getting in a car isn't much different than locking yourself into a submersible that wasn't tested to go 3,800 meters deep (it actually has parts that have only been qualified to go 1,300 meters deep.) Basically cut off from the rest of the world, with an extremely high chance of death. I mean everyone should be making these common sense comparisons. It was just like getting in your car and driving down the highway.

I have no doubt that is about as much common sense as the owner of that submersible had as well.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Getting in a car isn't much different than locking yourself into a submersible that wasn't tested to go 3,800 meters deep (it actually has parts that have only been qualified to go 1,300 meters deep.) Basically cut off from the rest of the world, with an extremely high chance of death. I mean everyone should be making these common sense comparisons. It was just like getting in your car and driving down the highway.

I have no doubt that is about as much common sense as the owner of that submersible had as well.

How could that submersible not be tested to go that deep? You don't make any sense.

During the filing, OceanGate mentioned that the Titan had already completed over 50 test dives, including dives to the depth equivalent to that of the Titanic. These test dives took place in deep waters near the Bahamas and in a pressure chamber.

Read more at:
economictimes.indiatimes.com... uring-a-dive-to-titanic-shipwreck/articleshow/101155511.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

edit on q00000037630America/Chicago0202America/Chicago6 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 02:46 PM
link   

How could that submersible not be tested to go that deep? You don't make any sense.

During the filing, OceanGate mentioned that the Titan had already completed over 50 test dives, including dives to the depth equivalent to that of the Titanic. These test dives took place in deep waters near the Bahamas and in a pressure chamber.

Read more at:
economictimes.indiatimes.com... uring-a-dive-to-titanic-shipwreck/articleshow/101155511.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

Actually this whistleblower was fired because he exposed the owner of the Oceangate was using a viewport that was "only built to a certified pressure of 1,300 meters, although OceanGate intended to take passengers down to depths of 4,000 meters."

Verbatim from the lawsuit:

Company behind missing Titanic exploration sub ‘refused to pay’ for making viewport safe for deep ocean dives: Whistleblower lawsuit

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Well, if the liberals have their way we know that the next 11 or 16 months of news will be endless discussions regarding the needed legislation, licensures, permits, inspections, and so on that will now be added to every single aspect of submersible use. Forget Hunter being slapped on the wrist and daddy still sitting right in tear THREE of knowing he is a double agent of sorts working toward our destruction. This is MUCH more important of course.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Read more at:

Oh, I missed this. He did actually use the exact same common sense logic you did:

“You know, at some point, safety just is pure waste,” Rush said. “I mean, if you just want to be safe, don’t get out of bed. Don’t get in your car. Don’t do anything. At some point, you’re going to take some risk, and it really is a risk/reward question. I think I can do this just as safely by breaking the rules.”

Peas of a pod.

Source is same as link in previous post to the Law & Crime website.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Read more at:

Actually this whistleblower was fired because he exposed the owner of the Oceangate was using a viewport that was "only built to a certified pressure of 1,300 meters, although OceanGate intended to take passengers down to depths of 4,000 meters."

Company behind missing Titanic exploration sub ‘refused to pay’ for making viewport safe for deep ocean dives: Whistleblower lawsuit

Well you have a non-engineer trying to argue with engineers in that lawsuit. We won't know the facts until the craft is retrieved and the reason for the failure is identified.

OceanGate accused Lochridge of filing a false claim with the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA), which Lochridge denies.

In his lawsuit, Lochridge noted that he was told by Rush that he had been hired to do the inspection because he was the “best man for the job” and had significant experience working with submersibles. Lochridge acknowledges in the complaint that he wasn’t an engineer, but says that his job duties included ensuring “the safety of all crew and clients during submersible and surface operations.”

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Is there a need for the Navy to have equipment that goes this deep?

Well yes rescue, salvage, and research not to mention the time they stole a Soviet Sub from the ocean floor

www.washingtontimes.com...

Specialized equipment that the Navy used to recover an F-18 fighter jet from the Mediterranean last July has arrived in Saint John’s, Newfoundland, to take part in the search for a missing submersible.

The Navy said the Flyaway Deep Ocean Salvage System can retrieve objects from a depth of 20,000 feet.

But the modular FADOSS system can’t be used until it is welded to the deck of a support ship, which can take up to 24 hours, officials said.

“It is standing by and ready for mobilization. We’re lining-up vessels of opportunity for it now,” a Navy official said.

The FADOSS system compensates for the motion of the support ship during recovery operations.

“It’s the safest for the vessel and for the personnel on deck that are operating the equipment,” a Navy official told reporters Wednesday.

The Navy used FADOSS in March 2021 to retrieve an MH-60 Seahawk helicopter from a depth of more than 19,000 feet off the coast of Okinawa, Japan. It was a record for aircraft recovery by the service’s salvage specialists.

www.smithsonianmag.com...

The six-year mission began in 1968, when the Soviet ballistic missile submarine K-129 went missing without explanation somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. In this post-Cuban Missile Crisis era, both American and Soviet submarines prowled the open seas with nuclear weapons aboard, prepared for potential war. Some reports indicate that the sinking was due to a mechanical error such as inadvertent missile engine ignition, while the Soviets for a time suspected the Americans of foul play. After two months, the Soviet Union abandoned its search for K-129 and the nuclear weapons it carried, but the United States, which had recently used Air Force technology to locate two of its own sunken submarines, pinpointed the K-129 1,500 miles northwest of Hawaii and 16,500 feet below the surface. According to the declassified C.I.A. history of the project, “No country in the world had succeeded in raising an object of this size and weight from such a depth.”

Forty-five years after the Glomar Explorer hauled (part of) the K-129 from the ocean floor, Project Azorian remains “legendary within the [intelligence] community,” Houghton says. The glass cases show the onesies worn by crew members onboard, phony belt-buckle “safety awards,” a barometer from the ship and even a wig C.I.A. deputy director Vernon Walters wore to pay the Glomar Explorer an incognito visit, but they also name-check engineer John Graham and display a scaled-down version of the detailed whiteprint used to design the now-defunct ship.

Azorian stands out, Houghton says, because “it’s so bold, so ambitious, and it almost was guaranteed to fail.” And yet, although only part of the submarine was retrieved, the ship was built, the almost ridiculous proposition of a giant claw extending to the ocean floor proved functional, and despite the scale of the project, it stayed secret for seven years. The Spy Museum positions the Azorian saga as a paean to innovation, an exemplar of how the “unsolvable problems” of the intelligence world can be tackled with creativity and technological advances.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlexandrosTheGreat
Well, if the liberals have their way we know that the next 11 or 16 months of news will be endless discussions regarding the needed legislation, licensures, permits, inspections, and so on that will now be added to every single aspect of submersible use. Forget Hunter being slapped on the wrist and daddy still sitting right in tear THREE of knowing he is a double agent of sorts working toward our destruction. This is MUCH more important of course.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Read more at:

Well you have a non-engineer trying to argue with engineers in that lawsuit. We won't know the facts until the craft is retrieved and the reason for the failure is identified.

OceanGate accused Lochridge of filing a false claim with the Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA), which Lochridge denies.

In his lawsuit, Lochridge noted that he was told by Rush that he had been hired to do the inspection because he was the “best man for the job” and had significant experience working with submersibles. Lochridge acknowledges in the complaint that he wasn’t an engineer, but says that his job duties included ensuring “the safety of all crew and clients during submersible and surface operations.”

From the article:

The manufacturer of the viewport, which functions essentially as a submersible’s window, refused to certify beyond a depth of 1,300 meters “due to the experimental design of the viewport supplied by OceanGate,” which was outside of the standards for Pressure Vessels for Human Occupancy (“PVHO”) standards, the lawsuit said.

“OceanGate refused to pay for the manufacturer to build a viewport that would meet the required depth of 4,000 meters,” the complaint added.

The manufacturer of the viewport, which functions essentially as a submersible’s window, refused to certify beyond a depth of 1,300 meters “due to the experimental design of the viewport supplied by OceanGate,” which was outside of the standards for Pressure Vessels for Human Occupancy (“PVHO”) standards, the lawsuit said.

“OceanGate refused to pay for the manufacturer to build a viewport that would meet the required depth of 4,000 meters,” the complaint added.

So it wasn't the Director's viewpoint that was being ignored. It was the manufacturers rating of the viewport. And they refused to pay money to get a viewport built that would rate it to 4,000 meters.

That is ironic considering the billions of dollars the people trapped inside, and are probably now dead because of it, had access to.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Kocag

Completely echo the tragedy of loss of life, particularly that of the youngest.

The biggest mystery here is the 'Conspiracy of Carelessness' that allowed the vastly experienced passengers and crew to go to sea in a crock. How could any parent be that careless.

Outside of the above, I'm puzzled as to how all these blighting facts (no beacon, x-box steering, bolted in) come to light now, and outside of any historic independent report.. Where's the proof?

If there is more to it than death by ego, maybe its connected with Hardings aircraft broking.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doxanoxa
a reply to: Kocag

Completely echo the tragedy of loss of life, particularly that of the youngest.

The biggest mystery here is the 'Conspiracy of Carelessness' that allowed the vastly experienced passengers and crew to go to sea in a crock. How could any parent be that careless.

Outside of the above, I'm puzzled as to how all these blighting facts (no beacon, x-box steering, bolted in) come to light now, and outside of any historic independent report.. Where's the proof?

If there is more to it than death by ego, maybe its connected with Hardings aircraft broking.

From the reports I have been reading and watching, there have been several people working for Oceangate who have had concerns and reported them and have been fired over the past few years just over these issues.

posted on Jun, 22 2023 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

Yes, but only if the failure was due to the viewport.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join