It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Target Joins The 'Go Broke' Club as Conservative's Boycott Store Over Children's Clothing Range

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 07:44 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Still a mental Illness per MAYO Clinic

Fact Check my last post

These people and supporters are SICK

posted on May, 27 2023 @ 09:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: quintessentone

Which is why this push is stupid. LGBTQ + BBQ can already have what they want.

So why push for total control? They don't need it. They have full access to all they need already.

It's not enough, will never be enough, even if they get the right to lop privates off of underage kids, still won't be enough. They want total capitulation, you must allow anything, at any time, and forced validation of them.

posted on May, 28 2023 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

So why push for total control? They don't need it. They have full access to all they need already.

It's not enough, will never be enough, even if they get the right to lop privates off of underage kids, still won't be enough. They want total capitulation, you must allow anything, at any time, and forced validation of them.

I still stick with my private theory that they are deeply, deeply unhappy people. They are so unhappy that they simply cannot accept who they are, and they externalize this to such an extent that they cannot even accept what they see in the mirror, so they become convinced they should be other than what they are ... someone else.

It *is* mental illness, but not necessary in the way we talk about it. It's not like someone who is delusional to the point they believe they are Napoleon or Jesus or something. They are just so deeply unhappy with themselves and who they are that they utterly reject that and seek to be something completely other than that by being a different sex or different species (puppy play) or different age even (adult babies).

And when just being that doesn't work, they further seek to externalize by forcing everyone and everything around them to transform as well to embrace that preference. It won't work either because they unhappiness is internal, but they won't acknowledge that.
edit on 28-5-2023 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2023 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
It seems that Target might have miscalculated the timing of the neutered population, in bringing out transgender clothing for children. Did they want to get ahead of the competition? They are starting to feel the beer boycott as parents are getting to put it mildly a bit irate about putting this style of fashion in the kids section. Are they anticipating the sperm count to bottom out and everyone will be hormonally the same? hence the fashion shift. Neil Mcoy does a good job at filtering out the BS, and the truth is that there isn't much BS.

When I heard a parent explain the discomfort he felt after his 8 year old daughter asked about the colorful PRIDE displays in Target, I then understand why there is so much uproar over Target going "woke".

I just saw it as a temp fad store display that comes and goes like so many others, before hearing this dad explain the uncomfortable position Target placed him in.

Now I'm 100% Boycotting Target. 😡

posted on May, 28 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Uncomfortable? What a snowflake. Tell the kid it is just there to celebrate all people, even if they are different and call it a day. Heck maybe even explain that some people don't like other people because of who they love. I mean unless the parent is one of those who does hate other people because they may be gay or trans. I mean it's really not difficult to explain to a young child.

edit on 28-5-2023 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2023 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

Uncomfortable? What a snowflake. Tell the kid it is just there to celebrate all people, even if they are different and call it a day. Heck maybe even explain that some people don't like other people because of who they love. I mean unless the parent is one of those who does hate other people because they may be gay or trans. I mean it's really not difficult to explain to a young child.

America only recently became accustomed to putting displays in the store that celebrate FAT people. Give it time and the LGPTQ+ displays will be accepted.

posted on May, 28 2023 @ 12:30 PM
link   

So, if a rainbow and a swimsuit you won't buy is acceptable that hurts anyone how?

posted on May, 28 2023 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Fact, they’ll never stop and it’s never enough. Unfortunately the LGBT community is infested with hateful and divisive people always playing the victim. They have absolutely no respect or acceptance for other’s moral and or religious views. Yet, they want everyone else to accept their twisted ideology or else. It’s childish and ridiculous.

posted on May, 28 2023 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453

I don't really dislike anyone for being who they are, but at the same time, I'm super tired of this push over a few % of the population. And being browbeaten for not doing what the activist want, language etc..etc. Now the whole month of June..give me a break please!!!

My nephew came out as gay several years back, but you would never really know it, interestingly, a month or so after my nephew came out, my niece decided she was as well. At that point..I mean the odds are staggering that both my brothers children are gay, I don't buy it. It was "trendy" is all..fake. I love my nephew, same as I love my niece, nothing changed, our family are very accepting, but I did not believe my niece for a New York minute. I love her, but she is an attention seeker, and that's what a lot of this is. I don't want our developing youth making life altering decisions over trends/power of suggestion. The niece decided she wasn't gay after it got boring.

I think a good portion of that community are just living their lives, not seeking attention, I have no issues with them..the activists..not so much, they irritate me. All these businesses, are doing this to cash in, that also irritates me, I don't know why sometimes, but it just does. The planting of these idea's into children does in fact bother me though.

Right, wrong or indifferent, it's just how I feel.

posted on May, 28 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
That's a decent take on it, can't argue with it, a mix of trendy, and typical teenage angst/being uncomfortable in their developing skin.

posted on May, 28 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Fact, they’ll never stop and it’s never enough. Unfortunately the LGBT community is infested with hateful and divisive people always playing the victim. They have absolutely no respect or acceptance for other’s moral and or religious views. Yet, they want everyone else to accept their twisted ideology or else. It’s childish and ridiculous.

I still think a good portion of that community is just trying to live their lives, not pushing it onto anyone, not seeking the attention/validation from strangers. it's of course the super loud activists that steal the show, and paint them all with that brush.

posted on May, 28 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

Explaining gay and trans means explaining sex. There is no way around it. Gay people are only different in how they have sex. Trans people are only different in that they think they were born with the wrong sex bits.

Parents should not have to explain that to children too young to really understand it.

posted on May, 28 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   

So if your darling little Jimmy has a transgender girl in his 2nd grade class, how would you explain her to him?

Asking for a friend.

posted on May, 28 2023 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdifferentOpinion

So if your darling little Jimmy has a transgender girl in his 2nd grade class, how would you explain her to him?

Asking for a friend.

I would explain it by saying over 90% of anyone who might think they are trans are actually just gay and are trying to figure that out. If a 2nd grader "knows" they are trans and goes down that path so early in life it is because their parents are driving that train, and not so much them.

In reality, there actually would be no need to explain to a second grader. My kids had gay friends who wore makeup etc and I didn't need to sit them down to explain it all. The reality is they explained it to me...

edit on 28-5-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2023 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Parents should not have to explain that to children too young to really understand it.

Kids don't make a big deal about anything they don't understand until an adult injects their opinion. In a vacuum kids aren't thinking about that #, its the adults using them as proxies to inject their own feelings about that group of people.

Parenting is hard, I know - but I don't need anyone else deciding when and what's appropriate for me to explain to my children.

When (likely related to the where) I was coming up, one of the things that the community generally understood was 'mind ya own goddamned business'.

If only everybody just minded their own business.

As far as stuff getting 'shoved down people's throats', a couple of things:

1. Get off ya knees
2. Turn off right wing media that seems obsessed with the LGBTQ community. Weird. 'The lady does protest too much' or something or another.

edit on 28-5-2023 by ASrubWhoDiedAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2023 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Explaining gay and trans means explaining sex. There is no way around it. Gay people are only different in how they have sex. Trans people are only different in that they think they were born with the wrong sex bits.

Where did I even mention gay or transgender in an explanation to small children? Even if you go so far as to say a lady may love a lady or a man may love a man, I certainly don't have to explain sex to them.

My generic answer is perfectly acceptable. And telling a child it's just to celebrate all people would probably make an innocent child happy, is that what bothers you? That it doesn't present it as a horrible thing to be afraid of? And why you feel you have to discuss sex with a young child, I'm not sure.

posted on May, 28 2023 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdifferentOpinion

Asking for a friend.

I would tell him it was like that time he wanted to be Iron Man only we didn't go so far as to try to jam a fusion reactor into his chest. His friend isn't so lucky.

posted on May, 28 2023 @ 03:36 PM
link   

To really understand what it means, you do have to explain that because that's how they are different.

We all love lots of different people. I love my son, but that does not make me anything other than a parent. If I loved my son the way LGBTQ + BBQ are talking about love, then I'd be a pedophile and an incestuous one at that.

posted on May, 28 2023 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I would tell him it was like that time he wanted to be Iron Man only we didn't go so far as to try to jam a fusion reactor into his chest. His friend isn't so lucky.

It is sad when parents have to indoctrinate their children with their own prejudices but hey, little Jimmy needs to learn to other others at an early age.

Good job, mom. Keep on keepin' on.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join