It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenage Girls Are Having a Rough Time

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AdifferentOpinion

It's all they see in front of them.

How much coverage of women and girls compared to Lia Thomas?

Actual LGBTQ+BBQ are less than 5% of the population, but after GLAAD put in its representation push so that Hollywood featured LGBT characters in every show, polling showed people thought it was 25%.

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdifferentOpinion

Fortunately though maybe more rare, those guys, the "real men" are still out there for those of us that might appreciate that sort of thing.

There seems to be some other things going on too as most young women today rate themselves extremely high in a narcissistic attitude style while having extremely high expectations of what their average for men looks like. I'll just say that a woman not really attractive, not in any shape, has no job, no educational or skill set direction, bad attitude etc is not a 10, but just ask them...lol

On the other hand, we would say a 9 or 10 guy would just break their threshold of acceptance, such as must have a 6-figure job, being ripped, and being ready to spend on them like there ain't no end. The average guy can not compete against that, so they don't even try.

edit on 9-5-2023 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AdifferentOpinion

Of course they do. It all starts at school and kids aren't learning what they used to like those from Gen X and prior were learning. Most kids today are told that they should feel guilty for being white and straight.

I'm raising a 6 year old boy right now, my wife and I had to make sacrifices to be sure we could afford to put him in a private Christian school.

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

So what do you folks think? What is to blame and what is the solution?

All I can say is that I am glad I’m not raising a child in today’s climate.

Social media...

Yes, social media is a huge factor as well and I would be overjoyed to see every social media site shut down. It's destroying our kids faster than online gaming.

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Actual LGBTQ+BBQ are less than 5% of the population, but after GLAAD put in its representation push so that Hollywood featured LGBT characters in every show, polling showed people thought it was 25%.

Well, Hollywood is most likely 40%+, and so that is their world that they assume over time is every place else so that is what the realities in their works are based too on and the rest of us are like WTH is going on as the sexual plot spiders off in 10 directions. It's like watching Picard and all of a sudden Seven of Nine and Raffi look at each other and start to makeout, one was born a Borg and the other is a mother but hey we all have a little gay in us...lol

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: dlbott
I would simply say it is not just girls but women period. Really it is all of us under attack with this forced woke LGBTQ stuff. It is simple, they hate women because they have reproductive organs.

Under attack with forced LBGTQ stuff?

It's all over social media, in schools, in sports, in movies, in the news, in commercials, in ads, you name it. It's being forced. I don't know how you DON'T see it being shoved in your face.

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
Yes, social media is a huge factor as well and I would be overjoyed to see every social media site shut down. It's destroying our kids faster than online gaming.

This is considered social media.

I don't think shutting things down is the answer, parents need to take more active interest and participation in their kid's actions.

edit on 9-5-2023 by AugustusMasonicus because: Help me....I'm clotting up at altitude!

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: igloo

originally posted by: incoserv

Social media...

Social media ain't helping, but blaming it all on social media is a cop out. There's a lot more at play.

I believe that the primary problem is the breakdown of family. Girls need a strong father figure. Women are inherently built to seek out protection, a covering. Men are built to provide that. (There is no such thing as "toxic masculinity; if it's toxic, it is not masculine. Actually, if it's toxic, it's going to be more feminine in nature. I'll explain that in a moment ...)

Second, this wicked, perverted thing they call feminism has convinced so many females that they don't need a man in their life. They do.

:

Nothing more wicked than an evil system centuries ago that took women out of a tribal situation and into the nuclear family, put men on a pedestal and gave them all the rights leaving women at the mercy of the men in their life. The vast majority may have had dads/husbands that loved them but if not, abusers had free reign while women couldn't complain. Rape was legal in marriage. Women were not considered people by law.

Going back to the old days doesn't have to mean going back to when women could be abused. Come on now. That's as silly as people claiming that going back to the old days would mean bringing slavery back.

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

This is considered social media.

I don't think shutting things down is the answer, parents need to take more active interest and participation in their kid's actions.

Yeah but nobody is going to get bullied on here and if something gets out of hand, the post is removed. I'm referring to the sites people use to connect with family and friends and have pics of themselves and their family all over it. Parents should absolutely take more interest in what their kids are doing and be more involved. Riding bikes and playing sports is all but gone for teens in this country. Until I started driving, I was always riding my bike, and my parents had me playing baseball and football until I turned 17. Hell, I was 2 minutes past the time my mom told me to be home once (I was just out riding around with my friends when I was 15) and I passed her on my street because she was out looking for me. The embarrassment was enough for me to have my little ass home early from then on.

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Salamandy
I would be too if I had any sort of tendency to take the internet "oh so seriously" which is what teens tend to do in general, male or female. A great example would be the Amazon / mustachioed young lady commercial. What in the world was the point of the PSA? Certain women have huge mustaches, who is saying they can or cannot hide it? Also, doesn't Amazon sells millions of women's razors?

You can see how impressionable young ladies (where likes and retweets mean the world to them) might get confused and depressed because one of the corporations they are supposed to associate with big and mighty and the fairest of fair in the land, is sending them completely hypocritical mixed messages about something "serious".

I've had to watch that commercial a thousand times when streaming my ballgames lol. Me and my kids always get a huge laugh out of the chick trying to be Lionel Richie. Very stupid commercial.

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990

You're describing consumerism, I'm too young to have experienced capitalism in effect in the 80s or before but it's had a huge effect on things we think we need and want. I do remember the stories from the 'wash house' the elders told me, this was back when most people baked their own bread and even cut it too, they washed clothes by hand, had to warm the water for the bath and often crapped outside by the coal shed.

My 20s were the 80s and I had little money, but when you looked at my expenses they were small too. Simple/cheap cooked meals were the norm. I like never ate out except for the rare fast food. Eating out was what you did with your parents...lol My one vice was to party and even that was typically done on the cheap side of things. I also had a roommate until my mid-30s because true privacy is a privilege and not some right. So we are not even talking old old days here. I have actually spelled out how one could live today on 1600 a month or so, but it is closer to my 20s style than what young people today think the norm is.

The generational dynamics play a strong role in the ways we lose over time. Convenience isn't a bad thing though... I think. So yeah, I'd think lifestyle plays a strong role.

Young people still think the quality of life today is way worst than at any other time in history and they just do not have a clue. We are at a peak never seen before with much of that is the convenience you talk about. Maybe we have too much free time on our hands, and that is what is causing all the mental issues.

But then the obvious one does too and that's been mentioned, social media is highly effective on young minds since they're often looking to fit into groups or be popular. The generational themes play a strong role here too since every gen wishes to trump the one before in some way, it's crazy how much things have changed over a few generations and I'd say social media (plus other forms) have accelerated the changes.

They are on their phones about 16 hours a day... That got to have some effect on them...

It always comes back to how young minds are raised and what environment they find themselves in. Society doesn't encourage childlike behaviour anymore and I'd say kids are in too much of a hurry to be adults, given the tools at their disposal and the likeliness to rebel against older ways I'd say kids are often practically raising themselves... It shows.

I'm a boomer having kids late in life and I raised them slowly always saying let them grow on their own timeline as being a kid only comes once and is short. Even in HS, I told them to just enjoy it and that they do not need to do some fast-track program to college that will come later. They had a stay-at-home mom their whole lives too as I worked in the Military and then as a contractor after I retired, so I was always busy going somewhere. Today they are well-rounded, with no mental issues, and no need for drugs, steady relationships, zero drama... one just graduated as an Electrical Engineer and the other will be a doctor in 3 years just enjoying life along the way. So many of their friends are on some antidepression drugs and I'm like what the hell do you need to be depressed about?

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv

Social media...

Social media ain't helping, but blaming it all on social media is a cop out. There's a lot more at play.

That 24/7 constant stimulus is something I don't think we can handle and everyone is going slightly psychosis.

I believe that the primary problem is the breakdown of family. Girls need a strong father figure. Women are inherently built to seek out protection, a covering. Men are built to provide that. (There is no such thing as "toxic masculinity; if it's toxic, it is not masculine. Actually, if it's toxic, it's going to be more feminine in nature. I'll explain that in a moment ...)

Well, thank the guy who thought doubling tax income would be great. Women today are told a mid-level position with a 401k is better than a family and when they turn 45 they realize just how F'ed they are.

Hell, it seems that men are the ones trying to save women from going the way of the dodo bird.

Saving them how? By telling them that the best woman for the job is actually a man? Or that their only male valued attribute of giving birth is now being done better by men? By outcompeting them in sports fields they stand no chance against men in? By setting a new female role model that it's all girlhood and prancing around? By calling them transphobic if they complain about intact, beardy males in their safe spaces.

I'm being sarcastic but there is some truth to what I'm trying to express.
edit on 9-5-2023 by igloo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Parents should absolutely take more interest in what their kids are doing and be more involved.

But many obviously are not which is why this issue exists. Outright banning something like IG because of bad parenting is not exactly a capitalistic model.

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Same. The town was your oyster with a bike. It kept you fit.

Now there are 2 body sizes for girls: heroine chic androgynous waif, land whale, forgot the 3rd - trans.

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: igloo

What do you think Dylan Mulvaney is? The best *woman* for ghe job?

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: igloo
Saving them how? By telling them that the best woman for the job is actually a man? Or that their only male valued attribute of giving birth is now being done better by men? By outcompeting them in sports fields they stand no chance against men in? By setting a new female role model that it's all girlhood and prancing around? By calling them transphobic if they complain about intact, beardy males in their safe spaces.

I'm being sarcastic but there is some truth to what I'm trying to express.

What you are expressing here is the continuous expansion that the progressive left wants to do with social constructs. There is just no end to it all as it all evolves into a chaotic mess, and not stopping anytime soon.

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Parents should absolutely take more interest in what their kids are doing and be more involved.

But many obviously are not which is why this issue exists. Outright banning something like IG because of bad parenting is not exactly a capitalistic model.

It was created with good intentions, and what are most parents doing when they're not asking questions or staying involved in their childrens' lives? They're laying back in the recliner, on the bed, or across the couch with their nose in their phone browsing social media. It trickled down from adults to the children and the children are suffering because of it.

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Yeah, I get that, and said as much, but banning sites wholesale isn't the answer.

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Same. The town was your oyster with a bike. It kept you fit.

Now there are 2 body sizes for girls: heroine chic androgynous waif, land whale, forgot the 3rd - trans.

"heroine chic androgynous waif"

OMG! I'm in tears over here laughing!!!

The land whales are a prime example of social media too, they get on tiktok and other sites to eat what their viewers tell them and it leads to things like this... What the hell kind of life is that?

Yes of course, the trans... They all hate us while demanding tolerance, but if we disagree with their lifestyle, we're trannyphobes.

They don't even try anymore.

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Yeah, I get that, and said as much, but banning sites wholesale isn't the answer.

How do you get the parents to be more involved if you don't take away or at least limit the distractions? Cell phones used to be limited and cost you 25¢ per minute or per text if you went beyond 60 minutes talk time or 100 texts in a month.

I know it won't happen, we're too far past all of that. I guess those who care will keep doing what they're doing and watch the country continue going down, it just sucks for the kids out there who will never know what they're missing.

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join