It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Rules Marine Recruit Can Keep His Beard and Turban Through Boot Camp.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmeraldCoastFreedm
a reply to: carewemust

I would prefer not to look in to it to preserve my job, Lowered physical fitness tests doesn't help any service.

Your military LARP isn't fooling anyone with a 2 digit IQ. Nothing you say here, or anywhere, will lead to you losing your job. If you have one.
edit on 27-4-2023 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

LOL troll on comrade satanist

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Hail Satan.

I can show my military contractor credentials, with blacked out sensitive information, can you?
edit on 27-4-2023 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 11:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

Hail Satan.

I am curious who is the standard to satin worship? Is Lavey a boomer in the satanic scene?

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crackalackin

originally posted by: watchitburn

Yup, he's gonna have a bad time at the gas chamber.

I feel like he's going to have a hard time in general. The Drill Instructors are going to love this!!!

Maybe the Drill Instructors are now reading Vanity Fair and Better Homes and Garden in their spare time.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Hail Satan.

I can show my military contractor credentials, with blacked out sensitive information, can you?

I am not showing anything. Good for you bragging about credentials. I am not that stupid.
But I do see you guys on the range here and get them kicked off

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
Having served in the Marine Corps myself a few decades ago, I don't see the issue with this individual wanting to serve this country. I see this whole issue a failure on the Recruiters parts.

This being said, the individual can get a letter of exemption from his religion to allow for a trimming of the facial hair and removal of the turban while in training. The fact that this individual either wasn't informed enough to know that, or didn't bother getting that done tells me that they might want to rethink their decision to join the US Marine Corps.

To me this whole issue smells like a publicity stunt. In the end I think that this whole issue will do nothing more than bring the Marine Standards down to what the US Army has regarding appearances. Hell back in my day (because I'm that old it seems) a young Marine would get their off base privileges suspended in they got caught off base in their BDUs. Now days I see Marines walking around at the store in PT gear.

Sometimes I think that older Marines, like me, aren't any tougher than the new guys. It's just that we didn't tolerate nonsense crappos like this.

So if the individual wants to serve in the Marine Corps, then fine let them figure out why what they want isn't the smartest thing to do. If on the other hand this is just a publicity stunt well them "F" them for ruining it for any Sikhs that might have a genuine desire to serve this great country.

It didn't occur to me that his Sikh Pope could allow hair trimming and putting the Turban aside, if the recruit wanted to fit in better with the other recruits.

But this Homeland Security document indicates that its best not to ask Sikhs to cut off any hair.

Source: www.dhs.gov...

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Crackalackin

I feel like he's going to have a hard time in general. The Drill Instructors are going to love this!!!

Maybe the Drill Instructors are now reading Vanity Fair and Better Homes and Garden in their spare time.

Prime leisure reading material, no?

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Hail Satan.

Janitor at ratheon is impressive.
Show us what you got.
If he isn’t going into a combat mos it’s not a big deal; however would you please explain to me how this person is protected in a gas attack?
Tia

Ps
You have absolutely no idea how delicious it is to see you sell religion after your posts here
Thanks so much for that rubber man
edit on 27/4/2023 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Hail Satan.

Janitor at ratheon is impressive.
Show us what you got.
If he isn’t going into a combat mos it’s not a big deal; however would you please explain to me how this person is protected in a gas attack?
Tia

Ps
You have absolutely no idea how delicious it is to see you sell religion after your posts here
Thanks so much for that rubber man

They don't it is internet tough man troll to shut down any opposition , unfortunately under Biden if they posted their credentials no one would enforce it. or litigate it. That is why they are so emboldened

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: EmeraldCoastFreedm
I would love to see his janitor multi pass.
You know as he Schlubs bud light at Walmart now, or so he claims.
Cause you know big time mic contractors always leave to schlub beer at Wally world.

Contractors ALWAYS know so much about what goes on with the forward deployed or haze grey and underway.
Especially the landscape guys.
I really hope he has the stones to follow through with his boast.

He obviously had no clearance or he would understand what he boasted about.
Watching slugs lip off about what they don’t know here is a good time.

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Yeh they probably mow the lawn at a Military base or maybe might work a CAD OR CNC for a US military contractor. under the Biden administration they sure slip....

Or maybe they are a Glowie
edit on 28-4-2023 by EmeraldCoastFreedm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 04:33 AM
link   

I am curious who is the standard to satin worship? Is Lavey a boomer in the satanic scene?

LaVey is a jar of ashes, and I worship no fabric! Or anything else for that matter.

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Not slamming heads into metal racks? It's a damn shame.

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
Did you serve?

ETA: I had a lot of interactions with special forces. Ya know what their dress and hygiene codes are? Zilch. Nothing. One of my favorites was a Jamaican dude with dreads down to his ass, and a beard.

Most branches have a little more "laxed" dress codes after you get out of basic/boot camp. That's why most pictures of guys you see on deployment have beards, long hair, uniform top is either unbuttoned or non existent.

I am no Marine, or any military for that matter and will never claim to be, but there are standards that everyone who goes through Marine Boot Camp will tell you. The whole point of the shaved face and head is to make you identical to the man beside you. Nothing matters but the emblem on your uniform, if you earn it. The term Jarhead comes from the shaved head of a Marine recruit, having the resemblance to an empty jar/vessel, ready to be filled with knowledge.

If you have spent any time around SF guys like you claim, you have probably heard the phrase "We over Me". Once you join something like the Marine's, Army, Navy, Air Force, National Guard, Seals, SF, etc, you are no longer a me. At least not during your time in basic training for most of them.

They are not trying to strip him of his religious identity, they are trying to hold them to the same standards they hold everyone else in the recruit depot.

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

My thinking being, they probably don't let the likes of recruits onto the firing range never mind perform the live-fire training scenarios without the correct clobber and equipment a main part of such being his helmet properly secured.

Wearing a turban just does not seem very practical if he wants to be a marine.

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Only read the first page of this thread but would just like to point put; I would take almost every single Sikh I have ever met over the years watching my back in the trenches rather than the many from any other race/creed etc.
They are passionately loyal people and fierce fighters.

Yes, there maybe some practical implications and problems but I really fail to see why having a beard or not could affect their ability to perform when the proverbial is flying and you need people you can rely on to perform under pressure.

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Exactly

Or worse. In an actual chemical/biological/nuclear attack.

Or if a firefight, damage control, or personal responding to a nuclear accident on a nuclear vessel.

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

Only read the first page of this thread but would just like to point put; I would take almost every single Sikh I have ever met over the years watching my back in the trenches rather than the many from any other race/creed etc.
They are passionately loyal people and fierce fighters.

Yes, there maybe some practical implications and problems but I really fail to see why having a beard or not could affect their ability to perform when the proverbial is flying and you need people you can rely on to perform under pressure.

blogs.cdc.gov...

So uh we ALL believe the cdc now right?

From link provided above

Facial hair that lies along the sealing area of a respirator, such as beards, sideburns, or some mustaches, will interfere with respirators that rely on a tight facepiece seal to achieve maximum protection.

Would you just exclude him from this?
Is he not worth this protection?

posted on Apr, 28 2023 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

watching my back in the trenches rather than the many from any other race/creed etc. They are passionately loyal people and fierce fighters.

that really has nothing to do with the it. there are many who fit that description. it's about following regulations and standards that have been in places for nearly the Corps entire existence.

i can see respecting diversity and others religion to a point within reason. but when exceptions start being made for reasons other than necessity, to use the words of Gunnery Sgt. Thomas Highway.

It becomes a Cluster F--K.

as my DI's use to say, there are no individuals in the Corps. you are a individual before you join, during and after you graduate from Boot Camp, you are no longer a individual. Your a Green Amphibious Monster, that bleeds green. now i guess it would be what ever color your marpats are, and bleed green.

edit on 28-4-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join