It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Rules Marine Recruit Can Keep His Beard and Turban Through Boot Camp.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpThenDown
I think anyone willing to put their own life on the line to defend any nation should be respected, if he is willing to bleed and die to protect a nation whats the problem with a beard or turban

I bet he got bigger balls than any keyboard warrior

You're saying if a given individual's motivation is good and noble, it's OK to bend the rules for that individual?

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany
a reply to: carewemust

I can tell you've never spent a day in the US military. Any branch.

Yes, you will see Muslims wear turbans. Many Indian soldiers have had beards and wore turbans for quite a while now. Christians can wear a cross. It's a part of the religious freedom regulations. A Jew could wear a yarmulke, for example.

Anyone who is deeply, deeply religious can still serve in our military and give their life for our freedoms.

And even if you are not religious, there are still special operations like SEALs and Green Berets that have lessened regulations and are almost always bearded. Depending on their theater of operations. But you can always find bearded soldiers on bases, for whatever reason.

I can tell you didn't read the article....any of it.

Here's your second chance: www.washingtontimes.com...

Maybe where you are from, all manner of dress and grooming is allowed in the military. America is not that way.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: EmeraldCoastFreedm
Trannys, The constant dividing and creating individuals in the Military. This is all meant to destroy Unit Cohesion. IMO

Don't tell me TransSexuals are now in the military!

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 06:06 PM
link   

There were no beards in boot when I went through.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Nothing really matters. Anyone can see. Nothing really matters. Nothing really matters..... to the army

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 06:23 PM
link   

it was ruled that the words MOM and DAD could not be used by military recruits.

boy that would havebeen hell for a couple of my DI's. i was in when a lot of the DI's came from the old school where a love tap was given fairly often. and two of them favorite saying was Momma while physical punishment ( punch to the gut slammed on the deck) was was a hard habit to break.

bet if he was a muslim they'd let him stop on patrol and salat (pray 5 times a day) to alah.

that sh@@ has no place while on duty or during training, you can do it own your own time minus the bread and do rag.

edit on 27-4-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I was in the Army for over 8 years. Only people with stubble were those with a shaving profiles... stubble, not a beard.

I understand they allow it for certain units stationed in Insaneistans do beards so that they blend in but basic training???

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 06:39 PM
link   
A Kulsa Sikh, who cannot cut his hair according to his religion, is a spiritual warrior. God forbid the US military accept a character of such faith and honor.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Same here...no long hair of any kind. Reasoning was, the beard could get caught in a turbine or blade on the Aircraft Carrier.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 06:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

This might be a stupid question, but how is he going to get his helmet on?

That question was already raised and he said he'll just Flex-Seal® his turbin.

This is the American military, NOT India!!

His recruiter must have lied to him and said it would be fine and his dumbass believed it.

Although I doubt any Marine worth his eagle globe and anchor would tell a volunteer that it would be acceptable, but you never know.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Notabot12345666

Nothing really matters. Anyone can see. Nothing really matters. Nothing really matters..... to the army

PRESIDENT Donald Trump will restore their dignity, pride, and prestige, before Biden's US-CCP can completely destroy our wonderful sons and daughters in uniform.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Yes, you will see Muslims wear turbans. Many Indian soldiers have had beards and wore turbans for quite a while now. Christians can wear a cross. It's a part of the religious freedom regulations. A Jew could wear a yarmulke, for example.

Anyone who is deeply, deeply religious can still serve in our military and give their life for our freedoms.

And even if you are not religious, there are still special operations like SEALs and Green Berets that have lessened regulations and are almost always bearded. Depending on their theater of operations. But you can always find bearded soldiers on bases, for whatever reason.

Eh yo
How is he going to put on a gas mask?
There are actual practical reasons for shaving.
Or will they just exempt him from that too?

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Me either but that was looooooong ago
They do all manner of silly crap in boot now.
Sneakers, time out cards, ect…

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

I was in the Army for over 8 years. Only people with stubble were those with a shaving profiles... stubble, not a beard.

I understand they allow it for certain units stationed in Insaneistans do beards so that they blend in but basic training???

If beards are common, as some assert, the Judge would not have needed to rule that the Beard and Turban were OK for this guy to keep/wear in bootcamp.
edit on 4/27/2023 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Eh yo
How is he going to put on a gas mask?
There are actual practical reasons for shaving.
Or will they just exempt him from that too?

This man will get a gas-mask waiver, because he can hold his breath for long periods.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Lol
I can’t imagine going through boot like that
Poor bastard won’t have a chance

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMiserables

We don't do battle like that anymore...its been a few hundred if not over a thousand years since.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 07:21 PM
link   
No Mom or Dad?
New one for me. So it'll be parental units or Rent a Womb & the Sperm Donor at boot camp graduation?

The Sikh is going to have a very hard row to hoe.
Where's he gonna hide his contraband candy if his turban has to be jammed under a lid?
Genuine religious practice should be honored. It's not a dumbing down of the military, it's a baby step in inclusiveness.
Would you force a Military Chaplin to lose the collar in training as well?
Would you force a Quaker to pick up the weapon?

No.
The Sikh's MOS may need adjusted same as a Quaker's was from infantry to a medical MOS.

Raking sand pits with a toothbrush, blanket parties, KP grease trap duty and running up & down the company street yelling "I'm a S#!t-Bird will now be on the menu for him. Going first thru the tear gas training is much much better than being last in line cause of the powdered type on the floor.
Altho to be fair we all got blessed with those activities.

His dagger isn't much different than a pocket knife. Say the word dagger an people freak out. Pull a large sized Buck Knife out & nobody blinks. Double standard much?

If Sikh-Dude wants to volunteer for 8 weeks of "shock & abuse" while the military tries to grind you to dust let him have at it! It's only fair everyone gets their civilian de-programing / military brainwashing.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

This might be a stupid question, but how is he going to get his helmet on?

He does not need a helmet as god's will dictates what happens... I remember natives getting religious tattoos to ward off bullets..for the few who survived they swore their tattoo protected them... The faithful can believe anything !

A beard or longish hair makes a very convenient hand hold for someone who wants to win a fight ... Grab hair or beard and they will be crying for their mommy in short order as they are taken down .. Even women usually go for the hair during a fight...

Military recruitment seems to be ending up with shortages of new recruits.. I am sure we can go to some 3d world country and recruit if more incentives other than citizenship is offered... Then in some future date those who have been trained and armed can turn on America (think Rome) and that will be all there is to the once great experiment of a Republic.

Judges or politicians making policy for our war fighters is just plain stupid in way to many cases..

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMiserables
A Kulsa Sikh, who cannot cut his hair according to his religion, is a spiritual warrior. God forbid the US military accept a character of such faith and honor.

Fairly sure people come in all forms, Sikhs would be included in that.

Some honourable, some not so much so, just like everyone else.

But, when it comes to Serving, you're a grunt, nothing more, until you prove yourself something more.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join