It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Rules Marine Recruit Can Keep His Beard and Turban Through Boot Camp.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Thursday, April 27, 2023

I thought the reason for shaving military recruits and forcing the wearing of short hair through each year of service, was for safety, health, and decency reasons. That's what we were told upon enlisting in the U.S. Navy, years ago.

Now, a judge says recruits who object to being shaved, and/or being forced to take off their head gear, and have a good enough reason, can go through boot camp (and I assume their entire military career) with hair at the length they choose, and wear whatever they want on their head.

A federal judge this month ordered the Marine Corps to allow a Sikh recruit to keep his long hair, beard and “articles of faith” while he’s in boot bamp.

The Marines cannot require the recruit, Jaskirat Singh, “to shave or otherwise cut the hair on his head or shave or otherwise cut his beard” in order to enter boot camp, District Court Judge Richard J. Leon ordered on April 18, nearly one year after three members of the Sikh faith — along with Jewish and Muslim recruits — sued the Marines over religious accommodations.

Source: www.washingtontimes.com...

Judge Leon's ruling potentially opens the door to many more "exceptions", causing all manner of problems, controversy, lawsuits, and even deaths, if Turbans and beards get sucked into Turbines, or other moving blades.

BAD/WRONG DECISION, Mr. Richard J. Leon.

-CareWeMust

edit on 4/27/2023 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

that there is some bullsh@@. shave that f____ker's head and scrape the fur off his face and get him on the quarter deck pt the sh@@ out of his ass.
mountain climbers, bend and thrusts, side straddle hops non stop during free time every night and fire watch 7 days a week.(expletive deleted) head motherfker.

if you want the eagle, globe, and anchor, you got to earn it just like every Marine before you has.

edit on 27-4-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Yup, he's gonna have a bad time at the gas chamber.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

and i bet many a blanket party, just like pyle. might even wind up having to choke himself.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

This Turban-Beard decision is just one example that demonstrates why our Military is deteriorating on the inside. Last year, it was ruled that the words MOM and DAD could not be used by military recruits.

These things create tensions, and cause significant mistakes... like killing 9 children in Afghanistan with a cruise missile, because the ice cream truck was mistaken for a bomb truck.

And most recently, a National Guardsman being able to steal HUNDREDS of Top Secret documents without being caught.

Symptoms of how screwed up our Commander-in-Chief is. How bad Biden is for our National Security.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I'm more concerned about the Turban causing his training helicopter to crash. It's not just Jaskirat Singh who faces increased threats, by not adhering to time-proven safeguards.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Don't forget "articles of faith", which for a Sikh means a Kirpan, or dagger.

Which they are required to use (by their faith) to make war against their enemies with.

kirpan - a stylized representation of a sword, which must be worn sheathed, wrapped in a cloth belt, and worn next to the body; the kirpan signifies the duty of a Sikh to stand up against injustice.
Link

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Maybe someone will post a Youtube video .

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Oh goody

Send his ass to the NBC chamber immediately.... hell I would assign him to be the guy inside to keep the CS lit and smoking.

No shave, mask no work.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Trannys, The constant dividing and creating individuals in the Military. This is all meant to destroy Unit Cohesion. IMO

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

So, one of the "articles of faith" he's allowed to keep in Boot Camp is a "dagger"? I hope his faith allows him to leave it in the barracks during training. Marine training is very intense.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 05:42 PM
link   

You remember how in school as a kid how bad those who stood out or were different were treated? I can only imagine what its like to go through basic or even just being in a unit as someone who has to stand out like that.

A big part of all these regulations and their strictness is to form the bonds over the fact everyone goes through the same crap. Its not supposed to be pleasant...you bond over the suck. You bond because you all look the same and the same is expected of everyone.
Its just another step in breaking down the worlds greatest military power...

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I can tell you've never spent a day in the US military. Any branch.

Yes, you will see Muslims wear turbans. Many Indian soldiers have had beards and wore turbans for quite a while now. Christians can wear a cross. It's a part of the religious freedom regulations. A Jew could wear a yarmulke, for example.

Anyone who is deeply, deeply religious can still serve in our military and give their life for our freedoms.

And even if you are not religious, there are still special operations like SEALs and Green Berets that have lessened regulations and are almost always bearded. Depending on their theater of operations. But you can always find bearded soldiers on bases, for whatever reason.

edit on 27-4-2023 by Mahogany because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I have a feeling Angry Cops will pick this one up and make a great video!

link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Maybe someone will post a Youtube video .

The CEO of Google Youtube is Sundar Pichai.

He is Hindu: starsunfolded.com...

The Gas Chamber video will not be allowed on that platform.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Judge Rules Marine Recruit Can Keep His Beard and Turban Through Boot Camp.

This might be a stupid question, but how is he going to get his helmet on?

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: MykeNukem

So, one of the "articles of faith" he's allowed to keep in Boot Camp is a "dagger"? I hope his faith allows him to leave it in the barracks during training. Marine training is very intense.

Yes.

And, no, he must keep it on his person at ALL times.

There was just a murder of a father in cold blood by a Sikh, after the father asked him to please smoke his vape away from his kid, he was stabbed in cold blood with the Kirpan.

Link

Crazy.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I think anyone willing to put their own life on the line to defend any nation should be respected, if he is willing to bleed and die to protect a nation whats the problem with a beard or turban

I bet he got bigger balls than any keyboard warrior

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

It's possible he could qualify for that assignment if there is hair fire retardant in stock.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: UpThenDown

Respect is earned...and if he earns it then standing out won't matter because the respect weighs more. Again though...it is earned, which implies there is a period of time spent earning that respect, in which he will be the odd one out and oh boy hazing is real...even if not officially permitted.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join