It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Rules Marine Recruit Can Keep His Beard and Turban Through Boot Camp.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: carewemust

Yup, he's gonna have a bad time at the gas chamber.

I feel like he's going to have a hard time in general. The Drill Instructors are going to love this!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Having served in the Marine Corps myself a few decades ago, I don't see the issue with this individual wanting to serve this country. I see this whole issue a failure on the Recruiters parts.

This being said, the individual can get a letter of exemption from his religion to allow for a trimming of the facial hair and removal of the turban while in training. The fact that this individual either wasn't informed enough to know that, or didn't bother getting that done tells me that they might want to rethink their decision to join the US Marine Corps.

To me this whole issue smells like a publicity stunt. In the end I think that this whole issue will do nothing more than bring the Marine Standards down to what the US Army has regarding appearances. Hell back in my day (because I'm that old it seems) a young Marine would get their off base privileges suspended in they got caught off base in their BDUs. Now days I see Marines walking around at the store in PT gear.

Sometimes I think that older Marines, like me, aren't any tougher than the new guys. It's just that we didn't tolerate nonsense crappos like this.

So if the individual wants to serve in the Marine Corps, then fine let them figure out why what they want isn't the smartest thing to do. If on the other hand this is just a publicity stunt well them "F" them for ruining it for any Sikhs that might have a genuine desire to serve this great country.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 10:01 PM
link   
The person who complained and made a fuss shows EXACTLY why he is not suitable for any job in the military. No concept of discipline which is partly why you get buzz cut going in. Obeying orders and following all the protocols is part of how a recruit is trained which is so they can stay alive and be responsible.

I'm not sure how someone like this could have even gotten as far as boot camp. You would think his recruiter would have flagged him 4F.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 10:02 PM
link   
This is not new. Yall hate freedom of religion when it's not your religion.

Bhagat Singh Thind; soldier in U.S. Army during World War I in 1918.

I recall Obama allowing Sikhs to wear turbans during his term, and you all flipping sh1t about it then.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

I recall Obama allowing Sikhs to wear turbans during his term, and you all flipping sh1t about it then.

So these guys and you think the military is for getting a religious experience? The US military doesn't do Holy wars either.

Interesting though that you would jump to religion to defend his religion, which you don't know about the fact that joining the US military isn't for that sort of thing.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Interesting though that you would jump to religion to defend his religion, which you don't know about the fact that joining the US military isn't for that sort of thing.

Being an American citizen is for that sort of thing.

Source: first amendment.

I think all religion is silly, but our forefathers made it very clear that we should all be able to practice our own, if we so choose, in this country.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Did you serve?

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I knew of a person that joined the Marine Corps so that he could protect their families right to practice his religion the way they wanted. They even said that they would sacrifice their rights so that others in their religion would be free to continue their way of life.

To me that isn't any different than why I joined, I just didn't do it for religious reasons. So, sometimes it is for religious reasons.
edit on 27-4-2023 by Guyfriday because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Being an American citizen is for that sort of thing.

Source: first amendment.

I think all religion is silly, but our forefathers made it very clear that we should all be able to practice our own, if we so choose, in this country.

Yeah I know. But we can go church on Sunday for that, or a Mosque. I don't think religion is silly since I am a Christian. I just don't see equal representation happening, which shows it really is not about religion after all.
You don't go to a fast food joint to fill up your car's gas tank do you? So if you wish to congregate in a religious manner with like minded folks, you don't join the military, you go to a church.

But this isn't about that is it? This is about forcing your own selfish wants and desires on others who are not associated with what it is you are really doing, just like this bafoon. It's the very same mindset of wokeness we see daily being forced on others.

Double standards also apply here. When Christians wanted a religious exemption from the jabs they were dismissed totally, but those same people who said NO to Christians are now defending this guy like this judge just did.

CLOWN WORLD
edit on 27-4-2023 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: edit

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

That's totally okay with me. It does sound like a totally different thing happening in this case however.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Yeah I know. But we can go church on Sunday for that, or a Mosque.

Sikhs don't go to mosques. Someone else made this mistake a while back and did a mass shooting at a Gurdwara.

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowedYou don't go to a fast food joint to fill up your car's gas tank do you? So if you wish to congregate in a religious manner with like minded folks, you don't join the military, you go to a church.

American military bases have chapels for Christians. These people are just asking for a few (harmless) things that their religious texts ask of them.

But this isn't about that is it? This is about forcing your own selfish wants and desires on others who are not associated with what it is you are really doing, just like this bafoon. It's the very same mindset of wokeness we see daily being forced on others.

It's a beard and a turban. What are they forcing on anybody?

Double standards also apply here. When Christians wanted a religious exemption from the jabs they were dismissed totally, but those same people who said NO to Christians are now defending this guy like this judge just did.

CLOWN WORLD

πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Point out in the Bible where it says that rednecks can't have vaccinations.

This dude's Bible says he has to have a beard and wear a turban.

This dude loves America enough that he's willing to fight, and die, for you. But you're mad about facial hair and a hat, because he reminds you of Muslims.
edit on 27-4-2023 by LordAhriman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
Did you serve?

No, but I was a civilian contractor for 13 years.

Not sure what that has to do with 1st amendment rights.

ETA: I had a lot of interactions with special forces. Ya know what their dress and hygiene codes are? Zilch. Nothing. One of my favorites was a Jamaican dude with dreads down to his ass, and a beard.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Lol
I can’t imagine going through boot like that
Poor bastard won’t have a chance

America is going to soon lose its traditional identity, due to so many special interest groups changing the fabric of society.

That shouldn't be allowed for really important jobs though...jobs that mean life or death for others, if not done properly.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: EmeraldCoastFreedm
Trannys, The constant dividing and creating individuals in the Military. This is all meant to destroy Unit Cohesion. IMO

Don't tell me TransSexuals are now in the military!

Yes

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Obama wore a Turban during his Muslim Radical training. We've all seen the photo. It comes as no surprise he'd approve of the Turban for U.S. soldiers.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Trannys, The constant dividing and creating individuals in the Military. This is all meant to destroy Unit Cohesion. IMO

Don't tell me TransSexuals are now in the military!

Yes

No kidding? Do they boink willing guys in boot camp? Or, do they attend female boot camp?

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 10:54 PM
link   

America is going to soon lose its traditional identity, due to so many special interest groups changing the fabric of society.

So, to be clear, you only want Christians in America?

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I would prefer not to look in to it to preserve my job, Lowered physical fitness tests doesn't help any service.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Obama wore a Turban during his Muslim Radical training. We've all seen the photo. It comes as no surprise he'd approve of the Turban for U.S. soldiers.

LOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

GASP

πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

Source. Please.

posted on Apr, 27 2023 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I was under the impression that America was intended to be a melting pot of people, cultures and ideas.

Since when did your brand of participation become the default for everyone else?

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join