It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart Closing Even More Stores

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Then Sam Walton died and all went to hell. A few years after he died is really when Walmart started looking soooo trashy.
Every other item was made in China. They were still pretty cheap and in some areas became a main employer.

Your Walmart history is way off, Sam Walton was the clown who started importing cheap Chinese crap.

I didn’t say NO items were from China, I said that is when it really went to hell and that’s accurate.

awo.aws.org...

After Walton’s death, Wal-Mart dramatically increased their Asian imports, especially from China. The move was a huge success. Chinese labor was much cheaper than manufacturing labor in the U.S., allowing Wal-Mart to import goods at a much lower price than it would cost to stock their stores domestically.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I just wrote this over on another thread, but it also fits here.
It is a comment on living in a small town in NJ, where suddenly in the last couple of years, I feel really afraid to be here:

"This morning my husband and I went to the local lottery store in our town.
Unfortunately we arrived during school lunchtime break, there were hordes of teenagers there.
The store clerk had a horrible time with them, they were running inside the store like wild animals (it's a small store) hitting and punching each other and screaming, and the clerk, who was alone, had to come out from behind the counter to stop them from stealing anything they wanted.
He ordered most of them out, then let them in a few at a time.
We grew up in this town, which was a small country town, and which is now a nightmare.
I found myself really frightened. And I hate to say this, but the truth is that only one or two of the teenagers were White, and we have never seen anything like this before."

Opening borders to the rest of the world was a horrendous error, look at what has happened to our safe and happy neighborhood!
Add to that, this morning we discovered that someone dumped a pile of old car parts on our front lawn. ???!!!
edit on 17-4-2023 by RonnieJersey because: grammar

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

I can't, I'm the wrong.... "Shade".

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 06:35 PM
link   
We went to our local Walmart this morning, a store which we really avoid.
But it was jammed - our supermarkets are so overpriced now, that everyone is running to Walmart for cheaper prices.
Which is exactly why we were there, for the prices.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The 'American Welding Society'?

Then this should be fine:

"From the beginning, Walton had bought goods wherever he could get them cheapest, with any other considerations secondary," writes Bob Ortega, author of the Wal-Mart history, In Sam We Trust. By the early 1980s, Ortega reports, Walton "increasingly looked to imports, which were usually cheaper because factory workers were paid so much less in China and the other Asian countries."

According to Ortega, Walton himself estimated that imports accounted for nearly 6 percent of Wal-Mart's total sales in 1984. But another observer of that period, Frank Yuan, a former Taiwan-based apparel middleman, who dealt with Wal-Mart in the 1980s, puts the number, including indirect imports, at around 40 percent from "day one." Either way, Walton's vision was a harbinger of far vaster global sourcing today. Not some welders

There's the Walmart shopping America-haters wake up call.

edit on 17-4-2023 by AugustusMasonicus because: DEY. TERK. YER. ELERKJERN. AGERN!!!!!

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: ancientlight
a reply to: JAGStorm

IMO these organized attacks are funded by the usual (Soros, Gates of hell etc )
in order , not only to disrupt peace and wellbeing, but to make sure small businesses are forced to shut down and more and more will be 100% online (4th dystopian nightmare ).

I'm going to let you in on a secret.
It's not just that Soros and Gates guys doing this.
Oh no, this isn't a political thing.
This is an elite thing. Political view aside because the elite don't have them till they benefit from them.

Where did I mention politics. I meant Soros/ Gates ETC as in 'elites'

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: frogs453
I know that my middle daughter manages one of the high end umm leggings and work out stores. Not sure about Walmart but her type of store is usually targeted by a ring. Run by an older person around 40 or so that recruits young teens. They hit all of those stores in different areas all in one day, but usually multiple times a week. The stores advise the other locations when they are on their way. They of course let them go. As if my 120lb 23 year old can stop them. Nor would she try. As she said, she's not going to risk getting shot over a 120.00 pair of leggings. They usually grab close to 5 grand or more worth at a time with about 5 people. They do eventually bust that ring, but another soon takes it's place.

Maybe only online shopping will be around some time in the future.

Walmart has a new type of store -- basically a walk-in vending machine.

You have to have a card to enter the store. All items have an electronic tag. Your items in your cart are scanned automatically and charged to your card.

I expect -- Walmart will be going to smaller stores like this -- and pushing online ordering for pick-up or delivery.

Walmart has a new type of store -- basically a walk-in vending machine. You have to have a card to enter the store. All items have an electronic tag. Your items in your cart are scanned automatically and charged to your card.

Please cite this , as major store chains have attempted this since the turn of the century . And failed .

I expect -- Walmart will be going to smaller stores like this -- and pushing online ordering for pick-up or delivery.

Not as long as volume of what they do carry in the stores keeps up .

Major chains restructure. Close stores in one part of town due to opening stores at another location .
This is due to folks relocating for one reason or another .

Your turn .

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: RonnieJersey

I am a bit far out. We don’t have a Walmart out here, yet. But they are citifying this place at the speed of light.

One of the stupid things they decided to do is build a gas station with a mini market across from the high school. Of course you know what happened. Exactly what everyone said would happen. But they built it anyway.

Now I live in what used to be a really remote rural area. Population is about 70% White, 20% Spanish, and 10% Black. They are not supposed to leave the school grounds but what teen is going to not break the rules. Exactly what you described happens regularly at that store. The only difference is the population demographics are different.

That is why I believe this is more about culture than color.

If I lived in an area that had a larger Black population, I would be thinking and feeling the way many people have said they feel. I am seeing the same thing, the same lawlessness, the same lack of parental guidance and discipline, the same disrespectful, arrogant, aggressive, behavior, and the same mobbing of stores. We have a very large White population, and a very small minority population. Same thing is happening. As much as it doesn’t fit into the narrative that is being pushed, and as much as people don’t want to believe it, they are attacking the children.

We may care about what color the children are. They don’t. The want us afraid, angry, and killing each other, so they can just walk in take everything, especially the children.

edit on 17-4-2023 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 07:22 PM
link   
OP is being a bit of a fear mongerer, lets add some clarity.

Admittedly, store closures are the result of poor economic performance, as indicated by the source.

The layoffs at Walmart, a retail bellwether because of its size, could be a harbinger of further turmoil in the U.S. economy, which many economists predict could enter recession this year.

However there is a silver lining in these particular stores. Many of these store closures are in Chicago and Portland, Oregon where many of the progressive policies pushed by radical democrats have resulted in unparalleled economic loss.

This has extended to closing portions of its business involving ECommerce, by laying off hundreds, however they have 90s days to look WITHIN the company to transfer too.

In otherwords, the actions in some Blue states have resulted in huge loss of treasure.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I had to go look it up yep they donated and voted for it.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 08:44 PM
link   
We go to walmart here to get Organic Valley grassmilk. It is one of the two places here that has it. If they close this walmart, we will be forced to spend a buck and a half a half gallon more at the other store. That is six bucks a month more. I hope it doesn't close here.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Give me a town and I will find options. People want to butter their bread on both sides, either you want to put America first or you want to be a lazy slug and support Walmart.

I don't go to Walmart, so I really don't care if they close some, BUT I do care as to why. If they closed due to poor sales, then all is good as other smaller places are eating their profits. If they are closing due to theft, vandalism, violence etc then that there is a bigger problem than just Walmart closing a store.

posted on Apr, 17 2023 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

OP is being a bit of a fear mongerer, lets add some clarity.

I’m not trying to instill fear. I think as you pointed out this is cause and reaction and there will be more.
That’s reality.
It is also fact that there will be consequences for all this shoplifting.
Getting rid of cashiers, lax shoplifting laws, and the root cause… People trying to survive.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
I don't go to Walmart, so I really don't care if they close some, BUT I do care as to why. If they closed due to poor sales, then all is good as other smaller places are eating their profits. If they are closing due to theft, vandalism, violence etc then that there is a bigger problem than just Walmart closing a store.

I doubt it's the latter although that makes a good story.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 06:24 AM
link   
The city one was open 24 hrs till COVID. Then reopened open till 10 at night and people had a fit now open 7AM till 9 PM because of lack of help. It's a hole but I haven't been there in years. New Meijer close by.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 07:33 AM
link   
On my way to bed last night after midnight, I was closing windows, etc., and saw searchlights on my block -
Police were going around the block here looking for 3 Hispanic men who were breaking into cars.
They are becoming much more aggressive in their crimes, I suppose realizing that nothing is going to happen to them!

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: RonnieJersey

While nobody likes to specifically label one race worse than the other as there are terrible people in this world regardless of race/religion/sex however, most statistics do not lie. When I worked in the prison system the demographics confirm what you already knew but were too scared say it. Nobody likes to be labeled a racist/bigot now do they?

My son is a delivery driver in a small/medium size town in a 'red county" the past two weeks a Honduras gang has been going around to gas stations and steeling gas from the tanks. The station my son usually stops at recently has had about 1500 gal of diesel and unleaded stolen and another 1OOOgals ruined due to water in the tank because once done the gang just leaves the caps off.

I am good friends with the Manager of that store I told him if they are willing to pay for my court costs I will be willing to sit onsite after hours to "thin the herd". Yes I know violence begets violence and those that live by the sword also die by it. Enough is enough though. I think about what would of happened if my son after his night shift was there getting gas?

We wont spend $5 billion to finish a wall but spent $5 billion to build a stadium (SoFi). Illegals cost the US tax payers 12-16 billion annually.

posted on Apr, 18 2023 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Kratos77
The truth is not racist, and if these troublemaking teens were Polish, I would be the first to call them out on bad behavior, being of Polish descent partially myself.
I'm just reporting what is going on in my area, and no group is perfect, but this horrendous behavior in our area is suddenly within the last couple of years, and these groups have to be held accountable. And if illegal, should be deported immediately - why do we have to deal with the consequences??
Are Harris and Biden dealing with all this??

edit on 18-4-2023 by RonnieJersey because: add something

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TDDAgain

You know... there are some closed Wal Marts that are what you describe. But.... who told you that reptilians are there?

posted on Apr, 19 2023 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl

Everybody knows that, silly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join