It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montana Bill 235. Scientific Fact Bill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I thought I read the bill had passed. But I conflated the bill that Montana House approved allowing religious-based medical discrimination and Montana Supreme Court Ruling that said that Montana can't exclude religious schools from scholarship program with the proposed anti-science bill.

edit on 8-2-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

So you wouldn't have any issue if they taught the demonstrable physiological differences between transgender and cisgender individuals in biology class?

The difference is feelz. there is no quantifiable way to measure or see the difference. Which is likely why gender dysphoria was a diagnosable sickness until it became the cornerstone of the progressive religion. So if they wish to teach that some people feel like the opposite sex, I'd say that's a reality that can be observed. However if they wish to teach that because a person born a man feels like a woman, he is a woman, I'd have some issues with that, being as it's not factually accurate.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 12:57 PM
link   

So if they wish to teach that some people feel like the opposite sex, I'd say that's a reality that can be observed. However if they wish to teach that because a person born a man feels like a woman, he is a woman, I'd have some issues with that, being as it's not factually accurate.

Please cite the science/biology class teaching that curriculum in public schools. Otherwise, it just isn't a thing in K-12 public school science class.

Social studies? Literature? Maybe. But this bill doesn't address social studies or literature classes in Montana K-12 schools.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 12:57 PM
link   

edit on 2/8/2023 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: frogs453
a reply to: xuenchen

Theory of relativity or gravity is "wild or nut opinions"?

🤣🤣 where does the Bill target those?

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   
#homeschool with the books the ATS user base have at home? YES!

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The Theory of Relativity is a theory. It is not an "indisputable" fact, nor is it a "repeatable observation of a natural phenomena". Therefore, not allowed per the bill.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 01:41 PM
link   

The Theory of Relativity is a theory. It is not an "indisputable" fact, nor is it a "repeatable observation of a natural phenomena". Therefore, not allowed per the bill.

Where in The Bill does it do that? Have you read The Bill? 😁

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   

So, schools are banning accurate history to avoid upsetting a child, banning books and now basically banning science? ...

There are schools in Montana, or anywhere, teaching "accurate" history ?

Where ?

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Where in The Bill does it do that? Have you read The Bill? 😁

It's within the first 3 paragraphs of the bill I linked.

NEW SECTION. Section 1. Requirements for science instruction in schools. (1) Science instruction may not include subject matter that is not scientific fact.

(2)

The board of public education may not include in content area standards any standard requiring curriculum or instruction in a scientific topic that is not scientific fact.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Check out SB148 in Florida. And unfortunately History is uncomfortable. Just imagine those who had to live through it then if we're talking "uncomfortable".

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Literally nothing is a scientific fact. The most basic laws of physics were thought to be concrete for hundreds of years until the discovery of quantum mechanics turned them on their head.

Which is exactly what scientific fact is.
It is a fact until it is proven not to be .
Scientific Fact is not the same as Fact.
Scientific facts change as our understanding changes.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: frogs453

What is the population of Montana?

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I am about to prove the theory of gravity. I have a 50 pound block of solid concrete, three feet off the ground. Who is volunteering their foot for this demonstration?..

No takers?..

I guess gravity is a fact then.
edit on 2 8 2023 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Gender and biology are two different things. Gender identity puts girls in pink and boys in blue.

And what is this magic of pink and blue?

Before the Great War, that one before World War II, pink was for boys and blue was for girls. Pink was close to red which was considered a stronger color than blue.

So most of history, blue was for girls and pink for boys.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 03:59 PM
link   
If they needed a cardinal rule for how to accept scientific literature and items, all they needed to say is what science itself uses as a litmus test. "Does is violate the known laws of Thermo Dynamics?" A "Yes" gets you tossed.

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

What is a woman?

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

What is the population of Montana?

There is a few hundred thousand students in Montana. Does it matter? They will lag behind their cohorts and will be well behind in college if they're seeking a STEM related education.

In 2023 we're proposing children be less educated? Uh.. ok.
edit on 8-2-2023 by frogs453 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 04:51 PM
link   

It's only "uncomfortable" when one takes history personally. History is an objective subject not meant to be taken personally. If one reads about history in an empathetic or compassionate way, there's nothing wrong with that, but the past is not offensive and can only be amended by avoiding such mistakes in the future.

If kids are feeling bad about history then the problem lies in the presentation, not the subject.
edit on 8-2-2023 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2023 @ 04:56 PM
link   
It seems that the real controversy is over who they assigned the project to. You have to be able to think clearly. Too much elevation and not enough oxygen.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join