It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese "Spy Balloon" over CONUS.

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ntccutz
Looks like they shot it down, boys

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Think it has been proven to be bogus

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Yes, it would have been obliterated by now wouldn’t it? Somebody has extreme leverage over our figurehead don’t they? I wonder what they have that would scare our figurehead so much that he would allow such blatant infiltration? (Laptop contents mayhap?)
The wolves are watching over the tender flock.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Joneselius
What's in those balloons?

Why is no one asking that, lol.

The DOD did say a payload...... Of what?

Like I said last night...keep your eyes peeled on www.cdc.gov... for upticks in illnesses downwind from the Chinese Balloon(s).

Well, that would be an overt act of war. Question is, can the USA afford to have a war with China? I suspect that it cannot.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SrWingCommander

I might haved missed it - there are 500 posts on this thread - but what if this isn't a Chinese
"Spy Balloon"?

What if this is actually Alien? What if they all are?

I mean makes sense to shoot down what you understand, but not what you dont.

On the one world bus, it makes sense for the Chinese to play along - after all "spy balloons" might be thick in skies over China, they dont have to say anything. They have some control on the internet to, I think.

So, if I was a leader I'd take 'name calling' anyday over irking The Mighty Zog the Infinite of Zog the Even More Infinite. Least till I figured out a bit.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Where do I call do get some advertising space on that thing? HUGE opportunity here.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 03:25 AM
link   
You guys are worried too much here in Japan nobody's even afraid of nothing even the military isn't even on alert so cool down guys you guys are delusional about what's happening.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 04:17 AM
link   
You know, there's actually a thread on twitter about this balloon being proof that Space doesn't exist, because this shows how satellites are really kept in the sky... People are batsh!t crazy

Of course i corrected them by saying that there has to be Space, or else what is underneath our flat Earth?

As for the ballon's real purpose... Yeah, the EMP is an interesting, worrying theory! But aren't US military facilities probably protected from EMP (assuming is protection possible) ?

It's probably China sabre rattling, saying they're serious about using Nukes if the US interferes when they invade Taiwan; "Cos look, we're getting higher definition intel on your silos."

After all, surely the CCP knew these balloons would be spotted? So it's either accidental, as they claim, or intended to be seen - a warning shot

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 05:55 AM
link   
We must have spectrum scanned the thing to see if there was any active telemetry. The problem is the amount of time it took before action was taken. It could have been carrying anything. If we sent one of these over there, I think the response would be swift.

So much for defended air space. I would also think that the military would want this thing popped as soon as they saw it.

How come the public seems to have more concern than the white house?
I mean c'mon really? This was no BS, it was real, and I do not like the way we handled it.

All I could think of is that little blue bird on YT that walks around saying "Really?" "Really?" "Really?"
edit on 4-2-2023 by charlyv because: sp

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

And what happens when they try to shoot it down, and it proves much harder than people think? Or they shoot it down, and it drifts until it comes down in a city and people get hurt? I keep hearing people saying how easy it would be and how the military is impotent because they haven’t, but very few people realize the intelligence value of leaving it alone. This thing is a treasure trove of signals Intelligence.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
You guys are worried too much here in Japan nobody's even afraid of nothing even the military isn't even on alert so cool down guys you guys are delusional about what's happening.

With all due respect MiM, I think you've been gone too long from your homeland. The continental US is somewhat isolated compared to Japan. We are not an island off the coast of a very large continent. Any aircraft (or other device) that gets this close is a threat until we determine otherwise.

The balloon in our airspace is like someone from across town coming to my house, walking through my front yard, peaking in through the windows of my house. You can be sure I'm going to find out what their intent is.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
So much for defended air space. I would also think that the military would want this thing popped as soon as they saw it

It's just like our southern land border. Our federal government is more concerned with "inclusion" and "people's feelings" than actually taking action against potential threats. Maybe an invasion is what it's going to take to wake us up.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58
On one news channel they claimed that the electronic equiment on board the balloon had been "prevented from sending signals" by US forces,so there is no longer any danger of information reaching China..

Sounded a bit of a stretch to me,as the balloon is still said to be able to manouvre(so not all the electroncs have been disabled/targeted).

Would it be possible to jam signals while still allowing the balloon to steer-as I presume the way it steers is by way of electronic communication from a Chinese satellite?

I guess if they are successfully jamming it,there is no need to shoot it down.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Electronic warfare takes many forms. It blankets large areas and prevents radar from seeing, or communications from going out.

As far as shooting it down, it’s actually a very difficult task. It’s a very small radar return, very slow moving, and an almost non existent IR signature. It can be done, but not as easily as people think.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 07:04 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: charlyv

And what happens when they try to shoot it down, and it proves much harder than people think? Or they shoot it down, and it drifts until it comes down in a city and people get hurt? I keep hearing people saying how easy it would be and how the military is impotent because they haven’t, but very few people realize the intelligence value of leaving it alone. This thing is a treasure trove of signals Intelligence.

If it is transmitting, we would know that and that would be the homing beacon. I think it is more valuable on the ground for us, as well as the rest of the world that watched us let it fly on by. I do not know what would be used for 60k-80k feet but the missile crowd could answer that.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

I wonder if there’s a Chinese kid(s) on board with a bunch of sticky buns to eat. Hence why they aren’t shooting it down.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Came across this video interview of Gordon Chang talking about how the balloon is a test of our reaction. Could this really be a precursor to some kind of military action by the Chinese in the foreseeable future?

Around the 7 minute mark, Gordon Chang talks about how China is preparing its citizens for war. The government is taking over factories making consumer goods and converting them for military use. Scary stuff.

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: 38181

Well it`s freezing cold up there i think..might be too cold even for Chinese , but you never know what they are up to

posted on Feb, 4 2023 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Shooting down a high altitude balloon isn’t nearly as easy as shooting down a plane. And unlike a plane, it’s likely to take awhile to come down, putting people on the ground at risk. Better to gather all the Intel we can from it, and let it do its thing, while limiting what it can gather.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join