It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Myth of Herd Immunity to SARS-CoV-2

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 07:04 AM
link   
This is a thread generated by some previous discussions with other members who have claimed and are still claiming that herd immunity to SARS-CoV-2 can be achieved or has been achieved in some countries.

Herd immunity was sold as a way out of the pandemic but according to all the available evidence herd immunity is impossible with the emergence of rapidly mutating variants which are very transmissible and highly infectious and with a vaccine that doesn't prevent transmission or infection.

I don't know whether the concept of herd immunity is hard for some to understand or if they choose not to take into consideration the available evidence and data in terms of transmission and infection but it seems that one of the pillars of the Covid dogma has collapsed long time ago.

Herd immunity is unattainable but everyone was 'encouraged' to get vaccinated to contribute towards herd immunity and to protect the elderly and the vulnerable. 'Protect granny' was the slogan. None of these claims were true. When you get vaccinated you can't protect others as the vaccines cannot prevent transmission and infection and not even significantly reduce them. As a result herd immunity cannot be achieved through vaccination.

Let's see some of the literature here

www.infectioncontroltoday.com...

Those Who Believe in Herd Immunity Cannot Do the Math.

COVID-19 mutations are evading our immunity and at the same time our immunity is waning. Herd immunity to disease and the eradication of SARS-CoV-2 is no longer possible.

www.businessinsider.com...

The developer of the AstraZeneca shot says the Delta variant has made herd immunity impossible because vaccinated people can still transmit the virus

www.theguardian.com...

Herd immunity now seems impossible. Welcome to the age of Covid reinfection

The virus is now embedded in our world. But there are steps we can take to keep it at bay while we continue to live our lives

www.nature.com...

Herd immunity, where a pathogen can no longer efficiently spread in a population, is achieved when a large proportion of the population becomes immune, making the spread of infection from person to person unlikely and protecting those without immunity. Despite the global spread of SARS-CoV-2, the failure of virus- and vaccine-induced immunity to prevent transmission, combined with the emergence of antigenically distinct variants, has made herd immunity to SARS-CoV-2 unachievable thus far

It should be more than clear herd immunity to SARS-CoV-2 is just a fantasy but was used to cajole people to get vaccinated. Same as the claim the vaccines could prevent or significantly reduce transmission and infection.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 07:21 AM
link   
It was often claimed that vaccinations could help reach herd immunity. However this idea has been abandoned given the circumstances. It was used though convince as many as possible to get vaccinated.

It seems that some are still peddling the same debunked part of the narrative.

From another thread

My home country archived Herd immunity late in 2021 due to a combination of vaxxing and natural immunity.

Some people still get sick from variants, but the connection between covid and serious sickness has gone for most people.

Which country is this?
So if they have received herd immunity have they stopped the vaccinations?
Has transmission and Infection stopped?

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Asmodeus3

If they lied about achieving herd immunity, why would I believe them when they say herd immunity isn't a thing anymore?

The unvaxxed seem to be doing just fine, as far as I can tell.

Herd Immunity is and has been a thing, since, like, forever. Don't let them re-define that too.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

If they lied about achieving herd immunity, why would I believe them when they say herd immunity isn't a thing anymore?

The unvaxxed seem to be doing just fine, as far as I can tell.

Herd Immunity is and has been a thing, since, like, forever. Don't let them re-define that too.

Yes I see what you are saying.
Achieving herd immunity via vaccination is not possible as vaccinations cannot prevent transmission and infection.

But we can achieve a very good level of protection which many of us have thanks to natural immunity. I am obviously 'unvaccinated' and not planning to use these very questionable products on the market. However I have a superior form of protection called natural immunity. No comparison to the vaccines.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MykeNukem

The argument was to get vaccinated to achieve herd immunity and to protect the elderly.
This cannot happen with these vaccines.

They can still spin it by claiming that herd immunity isn't possible so it's good to get vaccinated once or twice a year.

But I don't think many will follow down this path. The third and fourth 'boosters' have not been going well. Not much interest or participation.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asmodeus3

The argument was to get vaccinated to achieve herd immunity and to protect the elderly.

They can still spin it by claiming that herd immunity isn't possible so it's good to get vaccinated once or twice a year.

But I don't think many will follow down this path. The third and fourth 'boosters' have not been going well. Not much interest or participation.

Agreed.

I was just giving my opinion from the view of the un-vaxxed.

Even the biggest Vax cheerleaders have to be questioning all this contradictory info.

Real vaccines, work. The C-Jab, not so much.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I believe it was proposed that if they could quickly give the majority of people immunity through vaccination, that the original strain would die out before producing variants. This was impossible of course, esp. given the lack of reporting when it actually first got loose long before December 2019.

Still, if only a handful of people developed immunity, through vaccination or infection, it would just be a smaller herd, like after the culling has reduced the population.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Had they left well enough alone...

Practiced reasonable measures, and allowed people to go about their business, Covid would be a memory in our rear view mirror. Mammalian immunity is a marvel of engineering, that is until we start altering it with worthless MRNA "vaccines."

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Herd immunity is a thing. It was the cognitive dissonance that the Chinese citizens had watching the world cup with people not wearing masks while they were in a lockdown. They rioted until the government said OK, go for it. Now they have 37 million infections a day, hospitals are at capacity, crematoriums very busy. They are the last country to experience a mass wave of infections because they never vaccinated or allowed natural immunity. At they end of this wave, they will have herd immunity and can go about life as normal. Don't forget where the world was in March/April 2020 and where we are today. Herd immunity is exactly why you're not compelled to wear a mask anymore.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 08:35 AM
link   
If SARS-CoV-2 is a natural virus from nature. ( how it came about I don't know ) But if so I would have thought that a vaccine would not be necessary. At least not mandatory as such. Of course, many people die of the seasonal flu, but even people that are given the seasonal flu vaccine, many still catch the flu.
I just never understood one thing yet. Was this manmade or natural in the sense it came out of nowhere from Mother Nature.
edit on 1200000048352022-12-28T08:35:48-06:00354812am8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 1200000020362022-12-28T08:36:20-06:00362012am8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

edit on 1200000017372022-12-28T08:37:17-06:00371712am8 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: inert

Not to mention that the mask wearing non stop for three years probably had a devastating effect on immune functionality for most of these people. The immune system must be "exercised" if it is to function properly.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem

originally posted by: Asmodeus3

Agreed.

I was just giving my opinion from the view of the un-vaxxed.

Even the biggest Vax cheerleaders have to be questioning all this contradictory info.

Real vaccines, work. The C-Jab, not so much.

Me and you are vaxxed the best possible way:
SARS-CoV-2

We have the best type of protection.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaxxAction
a reply to: inert

Not to mention that the mask wearing non stop for three years probably had a devastating effect on immune functionality for most of these people. The immune system must be "exercised" if it is to function properly.

It's not just the cheap masks that achieve nothing but the reduction of contacts in young and healthy people up to the age of 50 and the lengthy lockdowns have had a very damaging effect on the health and immune systems of those who were at the lowest risk of getting seriously sick or die from Covid-19

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Tell that to Sweden in 2020...

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Which part?

I'll tell them in 2022, lol.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Sweden has had a very reasonable response with no lockdowns and damaging restrictions. They have had causalities especially in the first few months when the virus spread in care homes but they did really well applying their common sense mostly.

They knew herd immunity wasn't possible after sometime and as new variants were appearing.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I am still waiting to hear in which country or countries herd immunity was achieved as it was claimed in a quite a few threads.

And how it was achieved.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Another bizarre claim was made too with reference to infection by SARS-CoV-2

You also need to bear in mind that in order to get herd immunity through natural exposure you'd need to infect at least 80 percent of the population. This could take the best part of a decade

It doesn't take a decade for SARS-CoV-2 to infect 80% of population. Almost everyone has been infected after 3 years of exposure

pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Conclusions: All systematic evaluations of seroprevalence data converge that SARS-CoV-2 infection is widely spread globally. Acknowledging residual uncertainties, the available evidence suggests average global IFR of ~0.15% and ~1.5-2.0 billion infections by February 2021 with substantial differences in IFR and in infection spread across continents, countries and locations.

Global Infection Fatality Rate = 0.15%
By February 2021 there were between 1.5 to 2 BILLION infections

By January 2023 i.e almost two years after we can safely assume that almost everyone has been infected.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 09:37 AM
link   

The part where they back peddled hard on just ignoring the virus thinking it was just a common cold.

posted on Dec, 28 2022 @ 09:39 AM
link   

The part where they back peddled hard on just ignoring the virus thinking it was just a common cold.

I don't think you are correct about what they thought at that time. That is mainly mainstream propaganda against Sweden as they said no to unreasonable restrictions and measures.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join