It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pro-life activist arrested for praying silently near an abortion facility

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

No martyrs will be created for her cause. Nobody supports abortion bans save an extreme fringe of religious nuts. Mostly traditional catholics and radical Muslims.

This isn’t a free speech issue. It’s a “don’t be a persistent nuisance for almost a decade and regularly harass & restrict the rights of individuals” issue.

She orchestrated this event precisely to spin this false narrative in a pathetic and transparent attempt to garner sympathy for her cause.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene
I told you there comes the day, we all wished wouldn't come...
could it be she had an police order on the property already? Maybe known prolife activist. Sometimes they get locked out of certain zones in cities. One thing is for sure the police did not go against the law, but she most propably did.

So yes play stupid games win stupid prizes, and no flip flops won't help...

Every time I hear some anti-choice lunatic screeching about being "persecuted" it turns out they themselves were breaking numerous restraining/distancing orders. Or harassing people.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

In that regard they are very similar to Antifa and BLM...

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I wonder what the Islam view would be on this. Christians are viewed as easy pushovers. But Muslims will yank shivs out of their robes and fight back. Now if the protesters made their own version of Islam and protested in robes and were shrieking Allah Akbar? Imagine the protests they would spark off when graphic pictures of bloodied "Muslims" being clubbed, gassed, and dragged off by the Constables are splashed on the front page of the Daily Mail and Telegraph?
edit on 21-12-2022 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

This wasn't an unruly and disruptive protest. No group, no protest, no one aggrieved. It was a person accused of praying. Alone. Silently.

I gather that has been made illegal, by the responses herein.

Her motivations to "rebel against civil order" were not part of the information made available by the source. And it is almost certain that the generally sloppy reporting of a biased reporter can color the account. But the essential elements that we are told of don't include the aggravation being discussed by those who apparently are "fed up" with people standing around praying - the nerve.

The spirit of the law is revealed by the prosecution of the crime. I question the sincerity of calling this a 'protective' order when the place being protected from prayer isn't even in operation. It sounds to me like something other than the zone is being protected.

I have no skin in the game, I wish people wouldn't take the discussion as an attack.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Maxmars

the uk police have taken themselves onto the naughty step, Sussex threatening to arrest any woman not calling a convicted pedo a woman stands as one example, the confiscation of feminist books from the home of one, the multiple wrongful arrests of one woman preacher at speakers corner another, and lets not go near Cleveland police and furrries..

it'll be interesting to see if activists manage to get Jeremy Clarkson arrested and jailed for disrespecting Meghan.. the thing is whichever police force does arrest him will join a long list of police forces that have killed trust in their respective regions and further opened the doors to dissenters

its going to be an interesting ride in terms of how close the uk shifts to arresting and jailing people for holding the wrong beliefs or reading the wrong books..

lets not forget the people defending this tend to be the same ones that backed the bloody code.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Look when i get arrested for protesting in front of a bank, and get a ban for that area, usually temporary. I can't go there, not even to buy grocery for the time of the ban. I'm guessing she has history like that but less innocent.

If you're talking more spiritual, that would be interesting. But there is a good reason one part of the knowledge is dubbed occult, as bringing it to the light would most certainly disrupt the divide and rule scheme. It would be a rough awakening for most...

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

except it already has, this joins the female preacher wrongfully arrested a number of times by the Met for preaching at speakers corner, the thing with these forces who keep apologising for over stepping the mark gets longer and longer..

and I've had this discussion many times recently with those champing at the bit for Sussex police to arrest Posie its the same champing at the bit that'll catch one of the forces with Clarkson's disrespect of Meghan deserving a long prison sentence..

normalising rounding up and arresting people for holding the wrong views will not end well..

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 06:16 AM
link   

except the UK police have consistently gone down wrong routes forcing most to backtrack in the face of extensive mockery as it tends to pan out they are the ones who over stepped the law.

and i come at this from an innocent until proven otherwise given the state of UK police forces..

link   

Totally separate and irrelevant issues to the loon in the OP. I think those cases are outrageous but they have no bearing whatsoever on this issue.

link   

normalising rounding up and arresting people for holding the wrong views will not end well..

Guess what the hippies have been saying that for 60 years,,,
The old adage of...., yadda yadda, and when they came for me there was no one left to stand up...comes to mind.

Here have a piece of the victim cake, it's really bitter....

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Arrested for going out of her way to make that officer's day more interesting. She could have picked literally any street but she just couldn't resist being an example.

Is there a list somewhere I can access of areas where I am not allowed to pray? Or do I just have to go by trial and error?

Since when is walking down a street an excuse to arrest someone for praying? Where are the signs specifying this area as a "no-prayer zone"?

could it be she had an police order on the property already? Maybe known prolife activist. Sometimes they get locked out of certain zones in cities. One thing is for sure the police did not go against the law, but she most propably did.

Maybe? You justify such an arrest on a maybe? Maybe you robbed a bank last week... time to go to jail!

I don't see where she was doing anything illegal. Yes, she admitted being an activist... is that suddenly illegal? I wish we had that law back during the "Summer of Love." What about all the demonstrations against Donald Trump in the UK during his term? Wasn't that illegal too? Or is it only illegal for agendas TPTB don't like?

Here's a little secret: I am always praying... at least I try to be. It's just part of my daily life, like breathing. So am I barred from walking in front of certain businesses now should I ever visit the UK? I'll probably be praying. Where is the map that shows where I can walk? Is that posted somewhere?

For our UK friends, it's stories like this that keep me out of the UK. I am honestly afraid I might get arrested for praying while walking off the plane.

a reply to: bastion

She wasn't punished for 'silent introspection' - she was punished for breaking the law around buffer zones and violating protection orders that have had to be introduced because of the harrasment and abuse her group dish out to people and is trying to act like the victim.

That would only make sense if the police had asked for her ID and arrested her for being there. They didn't. They asked if she was praying and arrested her for that.

Not sure how things work in the US but over here police tend to arrest people who repeatedly break the law on multiple counts in public and attract 1000s of complaints.

She had 1000s of complaints against her? Was she informed that she could not go near the abortion building?

Over here, if someone has excessive complaints, the business can get a restraining order against the person(s) named in those complaints. They get served a court order, in writing, by the police, that they are prohibited from being in certain areas. If someone is causing a ruckus, the police can be called and they will, at the owner's discretion, ask the offenders to either leave or cease and desist. Refusing to do so is a charge of "Disturbing the Peace" and gets one hauled down to the station to wait to talk with a judge. A business owner can also have someone charged with trespassing if they are asked to leave and refuse.

But a person cannot, under any circumstance I know of, be forbidden from walking in public. It doesn't even sound like she was on the abortion clinic's property. It sounds like she was on the street in front of it. As for was she praying? That cannot ever be made illegal here! A group prayer out loud can be considered "Disturbing the Peace" if it is distracting or intimidating to customers, but silent prayer? How can that disturb anyone's peace?

Prayer, especially silent prayer in the privacy of one's own mind, is an integral part of being a Christian. Apparently, it is now illegal to be a Christian in the UK. At least, that's what I am hearing.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 06:20 AM
link   

except the police have often ended up the ones in the wrong especially in terms of the law..

I'll continue arguing this way until it goes to court as the errors the modern police vforce keep making prove its daft to shift to fast tracking uni students into high ranking roles rather than working their way up the ranks and understanding the law and the world.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 06:25 AM
link   

When you protest at a bank, do you stand there silently "thinking," while the bank is closed? Would that be a violation? Just being there?

I'm probably just splitting hairs, but the problem I have to point out is that there is no way for us to know the voluminous backstory being filled in here. Also, there was no indication that this was a directed ordinance against a specific group. It appeared as a general "no protesting around here" kind of thing.

If "protest" is now be redefined as pertaining to anyone "known to be" against abortion being 'seen' in the area, then it wouldn't seem so arbitrary.

I think this may be a case of bias codified. No criticism of the law, just a recognition that those who harbor angst can't abide the possibility that someone, even only standing in the area, can't be trusted not to be praying to their God. It simply strikes me as an overreaction to arrest someone who wasn't talking to anyone, thus not communicating a belief that others can't stand for whatever reason.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Yes. The British police are bottom of the barrel corrupt and retarded pigs. This is not in dispute. At least with me.

However that doesn’t have much bearing on the lady in the OP who made a persistent harassing nuisance of herself to the local area for about a decade and then deliberately staged this event in a stunt. Knowing exactly what would happen.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Terpene

In that regard they are very similar to Antifa and BLM...

Ironic. Ain't it?

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 06:29 AM
link   

It was probably an assault prayer

I thought those were banned

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 06:34 AM
link   

I find it significant that you have indicated that she was a 'known' public irritant, and that this event was a staged stunt.

Not saying it wasn't staged, just that it makes little sense to assume someone is silently praying in some offensive manner, (when they aren't even talking to anyone,) on the off chance that someone else will alert the authorities - and be believed. I mean... "Hey officer, arrest that woman... I think she's praying, I'm offended and harassed!"

How is that 'harassment?'

Do you think it is possible that the person making the complaint was part of the 'staging.' Also, why wait for a decade before taking legal action?

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

She was standing there quietly. If she was praying loudly ... OK. But she wasn't. She got arrested just because they didn't like her being there because she was who she was.

Imagine arresting a BLM head just for showing up outside something like CPAC and just standing there. That's what we're talking about.

posted on Dec, 21 2022 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Not ironic, just predictable...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join