It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian soldiers crash in a foiled retreat from Kherson

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Thrumbo

Headlines: Kyiv wiped off the map

Well that's apt to go down like a lead balloon.

If they start nuking capital cities Thrumbo it may not have the intended effect never mind there goes a lot of the spoils of war to be had and any respect that still remains on the world stage.

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

They wont nuke Kyiv but they could do very many ugly things.

Like what? That's the fun part. Imagine that you're a crazy Putin backed into a corner with everything on the line and think about what you would do to win.
edit on CDT02Sat, 05 Nov 2022 14:11:35 -050000000011b2022 by Thrumbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: JinMI

They do indeed along with a modicum of history.

You sure??

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I am indeed, some of the most recent being shared history ta boot.

Aka a couple of world wars where both our nations were comrades in arms for instance with our troops standing shoulder to shoulder.

Then there are both Gulf wars we were both complicit and buried up to our necks.
edit on 5-11-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Putin will never be allowed to win or hold sway in Ukraine, its just not happening mate.

My bet though would be the use of nuke biologicals or chemicals.

Not got that many cruise missiles left and Kyiv's air defense network only gets better as the days grow shorter.

All of this would provoke a massive conventional response from NATO forces which would decimate Russia, her armed forces, her infrastructure, and her ability to respond.

After that comes WW3, so let's hope not.

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 02:21 PM
link   
If Russia joined NATO (purely hypothetical and will never happen), who is NATO defending against?

China? Lol. NATO exists to counter Russia. Imagine if we all got along. It could never happen because the military industries would have no reason to keep making weapons of war at the current rate.

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 02:23 PM
link   

That could have happened.

But i don't think Russia was willing to commit even to the most basic of NATOs requirements.

They are not exactly team players hence the reason the USSR fell to pieces and so many former Soviet Bloc nations chose to join NATO.

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The video is over a month old and this isn't what is happening now, apparently, who knows?

I wonder what's taking them so long to take Kherson back, if Russia was hastily retreating over a month ago? Weird.

Link to the full video's source:

the images were recorded on October 1 at the Berislavsky district, in the Kherson region, in the south of Ukraine.
Link

I predicted this was the case: Here.

MSM lied again or are at the very least misrepresenting things, which is why I take what they say with a grain of salt, a small grain, very small.

Today's MSM stories:
-------

Russian troops loot Kherson as lines redrawn ahead of final battle for city
The Guardian

Juxtaposed with this, from today but is a video from a month ago that claims to show them retreating:

Footage taken by Russian soldiers shows Russian troops chaotically fleeing from the Kherson region and trying to evacuate wounded soldiers.The Telegraph

-------
MSM BS. Were they retreating a month ago, or are they looting and burning right now? SMH

edit on 11/5/2022 by MykeNukem because: eta

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thrumbo
If Russia joined NATO (purely hypothetical and will never happen), who is NATO defending against?

China? Lol. NATO exists to counter Russia. Imagine if we all got along. It could never happen because the military industries would have no reason to keep making weapons of war at the current rate.

NATO existed to counter the Soviet Union. Russia was not a threat to NATO and everyone was standing down, even failing to see the point in NATO... Until Putin decided to go all Soviet Union on Russia again.
edit on 5-11-2022 by merka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I agree. A point of controversy however, what if Mexico joined BRICS? Just a thought.

We' would use economic warfare like with Venezuela.

Inversely, what would we do if Mexico invaded parts along the southern border because they say most people there speak Spanish.... It's all messy.

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

We wouldn't just let em be, agreed?
To your question, we'd obliterate Mexico or annex it.........

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 04:05 PM
link   

edit on 11/5/2022 by TheRedneck because: Removed for Spam

posted on Nov, 5 2022 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I can't see any road signs.
How can we be sure these soldiers are running from or even towards Kherson...or anywhere else, for that matter?

Without more information, they could just as easily be rushing anywhere.

Sorry to, once again, be skeptical...but there has been so much false info and manufactured propaganda coming from Ukraine and Russia.

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Obdurate
This feels like a massive Mandela effect. Wasn't Russia a world power that could wipe out any country, now Ukraine seems to be? I'd never even heard of a coubtry called Ukraine before a few months ago, and the flag looks like a child made it. Ukraine seems cool though, but has it always been there?

No offense but how old are you to have never heard of Ukraine before?

Russia still is a super power btw.

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: MykeNukem
The video is over a month old and this isn't what is happening now, apparently, who knows?

I wonder what's taking them so long to take Kherson back, if Russia was hastily retreating over a month ago? Weird.

Link to the full video's source:

the images were recorded on October 1 at the Berislavsky district, in the Kherson region, in the south of Ukraine.
Link

I predicted this was the case: Here.

MSM lied again or are at the very least misrepresenting things, which is why I take what they say with a grain of salt, a small grain, very small.

Today's MSM stories:
-------

Russian troops loot Kherson as lines redrawn ahead of final battle for city
The Guardian

Juxtaposed with this, from today but is a video from a month ago that claims to show them retreating:

Footage taken by Russian soldiers shows Russian troops chaotically fleeing from the Kherson region and trying to evacuate wounded soldiers.The Telegraph

-------
MSM BS. Were they retreating a month ago, or are they looting and burning right now? SMH

posted on Nov, 6 2022 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Interestingly, the Russians are losing ground around Kherson during a quiet period. Predictably, Putin's act of mass homicide (dispatching static/ poorly trained and equipped units to Ukraine) is playing out as a military and moral failure. However, the troops in the video belong to a unit equipped with road transport.

Moreover, the Russian goal remains to hold out in the Kherson area to continue the deportation of local people before Ukrainian forces retake the area. But that objective doesn't serve any military purpose and diverts resources away from Russia's war effort.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join