It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender women should not compete in female sports

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asmodeus3

originally posted by: jrod
The college swimmer was absurd. Obviously had a a major advantage and was only on hormone therapy for a short time...had that person had the full bottom surgery I think the outcome would be different. I can be supportive, but someone with a penis and testicles has no business competing at an elite level in women's sports.

Skateboarding and surfing now have had.transgender folks win women's events. The surfer in Australia won a womens pro longboard event, used to compete in pro contests as a male. When I was younger I did a few pro junior contests and was very average. If I were to have entered the Womens Pros, I would have won easily. The gap is that big where an average pro junior would dominate local womens events, both shortboard and longboard.

I don't think having surgery or getting medications could alter your biological sex. The advantages still remain and suppressing your hormonal levels you only mimic the hormonal levels of women. Other than that, these operations are irreversible and by the suppression of testosterone you may find yourself facing a lot of health and psychological problems, as well as the major issues created when you remove your genitals.

I don't believe that anyone realizes the truth of what happens, as you said, when parts are removed from our bodies. We each have a unique set of hormones, etc. of which many are secreted by our genitals - for instance, I had to have a total hysterectomy, which I did not wish, but health problems occurred. The doctor did not tell me, and I was not aware, of what would happen a few years later - changes in the skin, dry eye, nerves, amongst other things. And it's all due to the hormones my body is no longer producing from those organs. I'm fine now and my body has adjusted, and there are plant-based hormones available. But as you mentioned, these fake hormones that transgender people have to take for life only mimic the real ones.
If anyone feels that they have to take drastic measures like removing organs, they should be aware of the huge impact their bodies are going to face, as well as the psychological problems.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: RonnieJersey

The college swimmer was absurd. Obviously had a a major advantage and was only on hormone therapy for a short time...had that person had the full bottom surgery I think the outcome would be different. I can be supportive, but someone with a penis and testicles has no business competing at an elite level in women's sports.

Skateboarding and surfing now have had.transgender folks win women's events. The surfer in Australia won a womens pro longboard event, used to compete in pro contests as a male. When I was younger I did a few pro junior contests and was very average. If I were to have entered the Womens Pros, I would have won easily. The gap is that big where an average pro junior would dominate local womens events, both shortboard and longboard.

I don't think having surgery or getting medications could alter your biological sex. The advantages still remain and suppressing your hormonal levels you only mimic the hormonal levels of women. Other than that, these operations are irreversible and by the suppression of testosterone you may find yourself facing a lot of health and psychological problems, as well as the major issues created when you remove your genitals.

I don't believe that anyone realizes the truth of what happens, as you said, when parts are removed from our bodies. We each have a unique set of hormones, etc. of which many are secreted by our genitals - for instance, I had to have a total hysterectomy, which I did not wish, but health problems occurred. The doctor did not tell me, and I was not aware, of what would happen a few years later - changes in the skin, dry eye, nerves, amongst other things. And it's all due to the hormones my body is no longer producing from those organs. I'm fine now and my body has adjusted, and there are plant-based hormones available. But as you mentioned, these fake hormones that transgender people have to take for life only mimic the real ones.
If anyone feels that they have to take drastic measures like removing organs, they should be aware of the huge impact their bodies are going to face, as well as the psychological problems.

I hope you are well and in good health.
I don't know your circumstances but if someone is healthy and tries to remove his/her genitals through surgery or other body parts, means that there is something they had gone wrong in my opinion.

These people need support and psychological help. It's a very serious situation where you will be living in a delusional world that you are something which you can't be by definition. And what if you regret it?!

Have you heard about Matt Walsh? I created an entire thread for his brave actions. He has exposed this ideology quite a lot and gained a lot of momentum. As a result in his state the child transgender procedures have been paused and are likely to be outlawed.

In terms of transgender women in female sports, many states have already banned them. I don't have received any issue with the individuals but I don't think it's fair for them to play in the women's categories.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 05:51 PM
link   
www.wtvq.com...

Kentucky has also banned transgender women from female sports.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I don't know your circumstances but if someone is healthy and tries to remove his/her genitals through surgery or other body parts, means that there is something they had gone wrong in my opinion.

Oh I'm fine, I had no choice, large cysts etc. forced the situation, quite common.
But it's people who have these experiences who realize how we need all our organs, nature has their reasons.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Oh I'm fine, I had no choice, large cysts etc. forced the situation, quite common.
But it's people who have these experiences who realize how we need all our organs, nature has their reasons.

I see.

Of course we need our organs and body parts.

What we don't need is indoctrination of little children in schools or online.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 11:53 PM
link   
www.advocate.com...

Tennessee has also banned transgender women from participating in female sports.

Republican Gov. Bill Lee of Tennessee signed legislation on Friday that will prevent trans women from competing on college athletic teams that match their gender identity.

The new law builds on existing laws that bar trans women and girls from participating on high school sports teams that align with their gender

That article adds further that

This law sends a horrible message that trans and nonbinary youth can be excluded from the many benefits of participating in sports, Chris Sanders, executive director of the Tennessee Equality Project and Tennessee Equality Project Foundation, said in a statement

I object about what Chris Sanders has said. The law doesn't exclude young people and transgender women from participating in sports. They can still participate in sports if they play at men's categories as transgender women are still biological men.

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 06:49 AM
link   

That should read MEN pretending to be women should not compete in female sports.

And--- NO THEY SHOULDN'T.

Boys and girls sports are separated for a reason.

No other animal on this god forsaken rock has to deal with such bull #.
edit on 26-10-2022 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

That should read MEN pretending to be women should not compete in female sports.

And--- NO THEY SHOULDN'T.

Boys and girls sports are separated for a reason.

No other animal on this god forsaken rock has to deal with such bull #.

Many of the States have barred transgender women from participating in female sports. That's a good sign that common sense will prevail.

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Asmodeus3

women have vaginas at birth and men have penises. thats usually the easiest way to determine a man vs women. and that stays constant thru out life. you can pretend but you cant change it

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Salamandy

women have vaginas at birth and men have penises. thats usually the easiest way to determine a man vs women. and that stays constant thru out life. you can pretend but you cant change it

In the vast majority of cases.

There are rare conditions known as DSD i.e disorder of sex development where a person can have ambiguous genitals or genitals that are not corresponding to their biological sex which is decided by chromosomes. They are known as intersex but this is a serious condition and not a third sex. Otherwise biological males and females with mixed characteristics. Very rare though.

Caster Semenya is one such individual.
edit on 26-10-2022 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 10:17 AM
link   
interesting thought..

now the UK gov has fully gone coporate capitalist under the oversight of the multinationals they are still sticking with safeguarding in sport.

As I am sure most thought the corporates under the progressive guise even with ESGs in place they are still economic and social conservatives at heart... and its all very much still rooted in our existing sex stereotypes..
edit on 26-10-2022 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   

equally disorders like MPD or DID are exceptionally rare but even then those who could use they/them don't, its we/us when talking of the internal groups as a whole but mostly they still use I and me when its a single alter speaking..

As a survivor i did a lot of support work years ago, interesting side note the UKs Tavistock Clinic worked on intergreating those with MPD/DID (eg DR Valerie Sinason from 87/99) this abuse sits at the SRA end of the scale..

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 26-10-2022 by nickyw because: my many typos

edit on 26-10-2022 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Transgender women, are men with a mental disorder and should be treated as such.

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw

equally disorders like MPD or DID are exceptionally rare but even then those who could use they/them don't, its we/us when talking of the internal groups as a whole but mostly they still use I and me when its a single alter speaking..

As a survivor i did a lot of support work years ago, interesting side note the UKs Tavistock Clinic worked on intergreating those with MPD/DID (eg DR Valerie Sinason from 87/99) this abuse sits at the SRA end of the scale..

en.wikipedia.org...

Yes I am aware of the Tavistock clinic and that it has closed I believe. Likewise the Vanderbilt Pediatric Clinic in Tennessee

unherd.com...

I don't know whether one who wants to compete for a specific sport will be rushed to have a gender reaffirming surgery while they are minors.

Do you think by the way that it is fair for transgender women to compete in female sports?

posted on Oct, 26 2022 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Of course not - it destroys female sports.

It's an attack on women.

Just imagine explaining this to future generations.

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: WIKDHOTSNOMAN

Of course not - it destroys female sports.

It's an attack on women.

Just imagine explaining this to future generations.

I know as common sense dictates that biological men must not compete in female sports. But as you can see common sense has been abandoned long time ago!

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 05:34 AM
link   

what i was pointing to was part of the history of how we got here.. its 100 years of evolution its all the same ideas of taking identities apart and putting them back to get to fix all the genetic issues that make the working class such poor workers drones and gets them thinking the wrong kinds of thoughts..

in this we are recreating the issues that plagued both the conservative Victorians and the 1920/30s new liberal which had the same drive to fix the flaws they see in the working class and in the races by creating the perfect sterilised worker drone that transcends our biological differences.. our issue is we know this leads to segregation at best and the gates of the 1940s camps at worst.. either way a utopia for some and a dystopia for everyone else..

so my answer is we're not gods nor should we be playing the role of gods and deciding to fix one segment of society deemed lesser by any measure be it class, race or sex.. we've seen where that ends in the normal world and in sports it ends in the likes of gold medal winning trans men on steroids such as Andreas Krieger and we start to risk pitting biology vs drugs, we know the drugs will win..

as Andreas Krieger proves this isn't just about womens sport, just as the safeguarding issues are not just about women but will at some point affect us all in different ways.. so throwing women under the bus at this point will come at a cost to everyone even the trans community.
edit on 27-10-2022 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-10-2022 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeepBass
Transgender women, are men with a mental disorder and should be treated as such.

my.clevelandclinic.org...

Transgenderism isn't considered a mental disorder.

However anyone can argue this may not be the case given the politics involved in classifying these conditions.

Likewise gender dysphoria isn't considered a mental health issue.

In terms of men taking part in women's sports I think common sense must prevail.

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Whole 'generation' of girls to lose out on medals due to 'ludicrous' trans sport policies, Olympians warn

Sharron Davies and Mara Yamauchi piled pressure on Sebastian Coe, the World Athletics chief, as he weighs up a new transgender policy

Women’s sport “no longer exists” in the UK and a “generation” of girls could miss out on medals thanks to “ludicrous” transgender policies, Olympians have warned.

Sharron Davies, who took silver for Britain in the 1980 Olympics, joined forces with Mara Yamauchi, the UK’s third fastest ever female marathoner, to demand urgent change.

Sport chiefs have been grappling with how to include male-born trans women who wish to play in female categories.

But the sports stars said current debates on the issue are flawed, as the focus on winning neglects women who will be “cheated” merely out of qualification places by rivals who have undergone male puberty.

Yamauchi, whose sixth place in the 2008 Olympics marathon was the joint best ever finish in an Olympic marathon by a British woman, pointed out she qualified for her first GB vest with a margin of just eight seconds.

A transgender woman is still a biological man who has several advantages over biological women. A woman is an adult human female and not an individual who identifies as a women according to the transgender ideology.

The biological sex of an individual is determined entirely by chromosomes and not by politics and ideologies. It is this Y chromosome that makes all the difference and determines the sex of an individual. If it is present then the individual is a biological male. If it is absent then the individual is a biological female.

It is very unfair that biological males are allowed to compete in female sports given the advantages men have over women. Transwomen by definition are men and this can never change regardless of how they identify as and regardless of surgery or any medications taken to suppress hormonal levels.

www.telegraph.co.uk...
True facts.

posted on Oct, 27 2022 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: nickyw

what i was pointing to was part of the history of how we got here.. its 100 years of evolution its all the same ideas of taking identities apart and putting them back to get to fix all the genetic issues that make the working class such poor workers drones and gets them thinking the wrong kinds of thoughts..

in this we are recreating the issues that plagued both the conservative Victorians and the 1920/30s new liberal which had the same drive to fix the flaws they see in the working class and in the races by creating the perfect sterilised worker drone that transcends our biological differences.. our issue is we know this leads to segregation at best and the gates of the 1940s camps at worst.. either way a utopia for some and a dystopia for everyone else..

so my answer is we're not gods nor should we be playing the role of gods and deciding to fix one segment of society deemed lesser by any measure be it class, race or sex.. we've seen where that ends in the normal world and in sports it ends in the likes of gold medal winning trans men on steroids such as Andreas Krieger and we start to risk pitting biology vs drugs, we know the drugs will win..

as Andreas Krieger proves this isn't just about womens sport, just as the safeguarding issues are not just about women but will at some point affect us all in different ways.. so throwing women under the bus at this point will come at a cost to everyone even the trans community.

Thanks for bringing up the Andreas Krieger story.

www.usada.org...

There are several female athletes who have been warned not to speak up about how they feel in relation to transgender women who take part in female sports.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join