It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transgender women should not compete in female sports

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Whole 'generation' of girls to lose out on medals due to 'ludicrous' trans sport policies, Olympians warn

Sharron Davies and Mara Yamauchi piled pressure on Sebastian Coe, the World Athletics chief, as he weighs up a new transgender policy

Women’s sport “no longer exists” in the UK and a “generation” of girls could miss out on medals thanks to “ludicrous” transgender policies, Olympians have warned.

Sharron Davies, who took silver for Britain in the 1980 Olympics, joined forces with Mara Yamauchi, the UK’s third fastest ever female marathoner, to demand urgent change.

Sport chiefs have been grappling with how to include male-born trans women who wish to play in female categories.

But the sports stars said current debates on the issue are flawed, as the focus on winning neglects women who will be “cheated” merely out of qualification places by rivals who have undergone male puberty.

Yamauchi, whose sixth place in the 2008 Olympics marathon was the joint best ever finish in an Olympic marathon by a British woman, pointed out she qualified for her first GB vest with a margin of just eight seconds.

A transgender woman is still a biological man who has several advantages over biological women. A woman is an adult human female and not an individual who identifies as a women according to the transgender ideology.

The biological sex of an individual is determined entirely by chromosomes and not by politics and ideologies. It is this Y chromosome that makes all the difference and determines the sex of an individual. If it is present then the individual is a biological male. If it is absent then the individual is a biological female.

It is very unfair that biological males are allowed to compete in female sports given the advantages men have over women. Transwomen by definition are men and this can never change regardless of how they identify as and regardless of surgery or any medications taken to suppress hormonal levels.

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 25-10-2022 by Asmodeus3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I've come to suspect that the purpose of the trans movement, to a large degree at least, is to marginalize women (biological women). In addition to marginalizing them in sports, now any man that declares himself to be a woman can invade women's bathroom and locker rooms, which have always been "safe spaces" where women can be away from men.

While there are trans men (biological women), they seem to hardly matter compared to trans women (biological men).

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Anyone with common sense would ban transgender women from competing in women sports. If enough transgender women want to compete in sports, start up a transgender league.

When 15 year old boys soccer team can beat women national soccer team. That's one of the many examples why men shouldn't be allowed to compete in women sports.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I am so over hearing all this argy bargy about these issues.
If the sporting bodies won't take the appropriate stance then the biological women unfortunately should take a boycott stance till their heard if infact biological women feel wronged and at a disadvantage.

Personally I think transgender individuals should have their own sporting codes and understand that end of day they are different and thus need a different set up.

Transgender individuals are strange individuals and nothing about them is straight forward and that is the unfortunate uncomfortable truth that increasingly society seems to have issues confronting.

Transgenders are lucky im not in charge as I'd ban them all and tell them to establish their own stream of competition if they want to compete so bad.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Echo007
Anyone with common sense would ban transgender women from competing in women sports. If enough transgender women want to compete in sports, start up a transgender league.

When 15 year old boys soccer team can beat women national soccer team. That's one of the many examples why men shouldn't be allowed to compete in women sports.

I can't agree more with you.

Transgender women are still biological men and should not compete in female sports. Common sense.

But common sense and basic biological facts have been abandoned in favour of politics and ideologies.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 07:40 AM
link   
if they want to do something great, let them beat men as a woman.

i wonder how far that would go.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital

Some women can beat some biological men in some sports but that doesn't take the advantage men have over women especially in competitive sports and generally in sports.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: sarahvital

This would make sense in gymnastics, because in that sport being small & light gives you an advantage. In fact, in the Olympics more than once various nations are suspected of using underage girls for the women's gymnastics events. Heck, in the last summer games some of those Chinese girls looked like they were probably pre-pubescent.
edit on 25-10-2022 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Asmodeus3

I propose a new, respectful catagory: Trans Sports.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 08:21 AM
link   
if they are women, let them compete in women's sports. your title is confusing

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Salamandy

Transgender "women" are not real women they are men and no matter how much they mutilate their bodies to resemble a woman they will never be biological women.

Plain and simple.

We can not allow mutilated males take the roles of woman in sports. Is just ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: Salamandy

Transgender "women" are not real women they are men and no matter how much they mutilate their bodies to resemble a woman they will never be biological women.

Plain and simple.

We can not allow mutilated males take the roles of woman in sports. Is just ridiculous.

There is so much propaganda in relation to what a transgender woman is. I am sure there are those who believe that a transgender woman is a woman! Or that you can change your biological sex.

It's a usual rhetoric coming from the far left and left leaning interests and ideologists.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Sadly no even the body parts they mutilate are even anatomically correct, is not way to recreate nature completely, actually is nothing but a life of horrors for some after the mutilation.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Sadly no even the body parts they mutilate are even anatomically correct, is not way to recreate nature completely, actually is nothing but a life of horrors for some after the mutilation.

Absolutely!

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 08:41 AM
link   
www.npr.org...

Iowa bans transgender girls and transgender women from female sports

Very good news from the State of Iowa.

Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds has signed a law that bans transgender girls and women in the state from competing in sports according to their gender identity. The measure applies to public and private K-12 schools and community colleges as well as colleges and universities affiliated with the NCAA and NAIA.

The law's backers say it's necessary to ensure fair competition — although research has disputed this. Opponents call it a discriminatory attempt to sideline transgender students who they say make up a small fraction of athletes in the state and do not pose the competitive threat that supporters claim.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 08:43 AM
link   
For instance, that Britney Griner - I'm sure you guys have seen this, but I hadn't before, and it's obvious that something is not right:

twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I'm not so sure. In some obscure corner of the world I imagine there's a Fauci lab working feverously working with stem cells to create a uterous for trans transplant.

I just hope the newly created women enjoy their monthly 'visit' with the heaviest of flows and cramping. I'm also hoping the transplanted uterous eliminates the possibility of any form of pain control during childbirth.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I propose a new, respectful catagory: Trans Sports.

It's a good idea but this probably won't happen as transgender individuals represent a tiny minority of the population. Even more so the number of competitive trans-athletes is just miniscule. How many competitive transgender athletes are out there??

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Maybe in a future something like that can happen, but no in our life time, is more than just transplantation when it comes to body parts.

The body more than half the time reject the transplants, or they will die inside the body killing the host.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

i agree. i think that somehow people conclude that putting the word transgeder before "woman" somehow makes the lie true?

if you are born a male, you will never be a woman and therefore shouldnt compete in women's sports. transgender is sort of irrelevant here and only serves to muddy the waters. where you born with man parts or women parts is the real question

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join