It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain's prime minister just resigned -- again

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 08:04 AM
link   
PM has pulled out!

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Penny Mordaunt fails to gather the support of 100 MPs.

I'm thinking the fix is in and backhanders have been distributed to the appropriate offshore accounts.

Got to wonder what Rishi is hoping or going to be able to accomplish that the last two could not muster?

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Ah well, the establishment gets their man. Perhaps the media can now take a break from bashing the Tories and focus on reporting the news, rather than setting the news. The media - specifically the BBC, needs to demonstrate improved equity of reporting and opinion.

Rishi Sunak needs a bit of space to form a team to tackle the problems facing the economy, caused mainly by external influences, and deliver what the Conservative manifesto was on about, albeit interrupted by Covid and a European war.

Whether you like Rishi, or not, he deserves the chance to prove people right or wrong, depending on outcomes.

For me, he needs to sort out the affront that is the NI Protocol, address residual Brexit issues and get the basics right. This includes the much vaunted re-distribution of wealth/investment from London and the South East to other parts of the country.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Looks like we need a forum called "UK Political Madness."

UK Prime Minister Liz Truss resigns after less than 2 months in office

So, Liz Truss lasted all of 6 weeks as PM of the UK. A couple of days ago there was a report that some other guy had basically taken over as the PM in all but name. Can someone fill me in on what the heck is happening over there? We're all too busy trying to figure out what Joe Biden is babbling about this time, and pretending not to notice when he creeps on 10-year-old girls.

I just heard some lady named Risky Sunak is the new Prime Minister...at least for a few months.

Do Britain Prime Ministers have the power/ability to ruin the country, like our U.S. President is doing to us?

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

They all deserve a chance.

Else it's not democracy/constitutional monarchy/whatever we are calling it these days.

Just wondering what Rishi has on offer that the other two did not.

Stability apparently.

Let's see how it goes, because it could not be going much worse.

After all everybody needs to see better days paraphi no matter which political ideology they choose to subscribe.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Perhaps the media can now take a break from bashing the Tories and focus on reporting the news.

Don't think the media have the capacity to set mortgage rates,interest rates etc which they have been reporting on.

That honour goes to The Tories. Bashing is more than justified.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Rishi Sunak= Hi Risk Anus

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I think if rishy supporters had given trus space then they might have got the same they didn't so won't..

for us the sh*t show will continue with the cons at war with themselves and the country..

at this point we have no idea if he will be US, EU, India, or China centric but he is of the osbourne/hunt economic school of austerity so buckle in for steep cuts in all services and another decade of belt tightening austerity..

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

worth remembering johnsons idol switched parties twice (1904 & 1922).. he abandoned new liberalism when it was on its death bed after its failures in the grwat war going into speeches before returning as a Con in ww2..

the modern cons look to be in the same place as post war liberalism which is why i never expected johson to run, he's biding his time and his move forced the 1922 to openly appoint the leader it wants, so speculating that is what he wanted as hanging it all out prevented another challenge..

lots of games in play, interesting that this is the time the sdp/reform agree on an electoral pact to be a force they need some mps and con backers to switch so they have a big enough war chest to fight an election..

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 10:42 AM
link   

"Nothing will change , nothing will improve and the Conservatives are Doomed"

A sad day for the poor tax payer.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

spot on though Farrage is hoping some will switch.. just as churchill did from the doomed liberal party bringing their party aparatus, activists, war chest and mps with them..

i can see that happening to a degre just not the big names farrage wants.. the neo liberals are as doomed as the new liberal where post great war, that doomed position makes sense why some mps are now repudiating a free market position, even the erg are going born again progessive..

ironically that'll leave them fighting labour the libdems and greens for the same voter pool..

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

spot on though Farrage is hoping some will switch.. just as churchill did from the doomed liberal party bringing their party aparatus, activists, war chest and mps with them..

When he mentions big names he means big names to join with him.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

Another decade of austerity nickyw and we may as well be Soviet Russia.

It's pathetic in what is supposed to be a first-world nation.

Suppose most people won't have many problems tightening their belts considering the increase in the cost of living which is apt to prompt more than just weight loss.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Look how happy they are , they got their boy.

Roll on 24.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Look how happy they are , they got their boy.

Roll on 24.

FF
Sunak has got off to a brilliant start, BY THANKING TRUSS FOR HER DEDICATED PUBLIC SERVICE TO THE COUNTRY , AND SHE HAS LED WITH DIGNITY AND GRACE "

Every single one of them without exception are raving lunatics. What is going on here ?

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 01:33 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Kinda disappointed, I mean he could have thrown a little song and dance bit in there at the end, in true bollywoodesque fashion... he is a great actor.

edit on 24-10-2022 by iamthevirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Benny Hill was class.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I watched it when it was in TV
long time ago ..

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kenzo

I watched it when it was in TV
long time ago ..

We grew up on Benny here in the States too, imagine that.

edit on 24-10-2022 by iamthevirus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join