It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain's prime minister just resigned -- again

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: iamthevirus

He did not exactly receive a heartfelt welcome the last time he visited our shores iamthevirus.

Given what happened in Trafalgar Square where around 75,000 protestors gathered to show their feelings toward the man.

Trump cannot fix the mess that is the British political system anymore than he can fix your own.

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I think trump has more than enough to deal with right now with his own problems.

I know a lot of folks seem to think he's either innocent or immune but that's not the case.

I'm not sure I can think of anyone worse than trump as a leader, I'd rather have Liz Truss back than that,

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

As I said, I understand why the prospect of Johnson returning would be appealing to many.
Personally I think it just makes a complete mockery of our political system and how thoroughly unfit-for-purpose it is.

In less than three months he's gone from being outcast and unelectable to being viewed as some Messianic like Second Coming.....all by doing NOTHING.

He did get Brexit done, well almost,
There's still the fiasco that is Northern Ireland to sort out and as Yer Man Farage repeatedly points out we are still bound by the EHCR.

As more details and specifics about his handling and management of the Covid pandemic come to light even his most ardent supporters must agree it was at times shambolic and lacked cohesion and consistency.
(Could anyone else have done better? I truly don't know. We have nothing to compare it to.)

He failed to deliver on many of his election promises, not least Levelling Up which is a complete and utter farce.

Usually I'm not one to comment on such things but it can't be ignored the man has the morals of an alley cat and has zero sense of loyalty to his partners whilst showing exactly the opposite to his Ministers in the face of all too frequent public outrage at the shenanigans etc.

I could go on but......

I understand why he may be viewed as the least worst option, but that in itself is damning indictment on the political system in this country and where we are at present.
A new low.

edit on 23/10/22 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Allowing elderly to be released from hospital into care homes, thus increasing deaths amongst the elderly.

Sadly at that time beds needed to be freed up to make way for Covid patients , bed space is limited and elderly patients with no where to be released to is a problem that still affects the NHS as the problems with social care continue.

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

As more details and specifics about his handling and management of the Covid pandemic come to light even his most ardent supporters must agree it was at times shambolic and lacked cohesion and consistency.
(Could anyone else have done better? I truly don't know. We have nothing to compare it to.)

Do Brits realize what happened during covid in UK ? IMO anyone being in power making decisions during the covid should be in jail .

While you “Stayed at Home to Protect the NHS”, your Government killed the Elderly & Vulnerable, then lied by telling you they were COVID Deaths; & Documents prove it was years in the planning

The Death Document – Evidence the UK Government authorised “mass murder” of the Elderly and Vulnerable by Midazolam injection and then blamed Covid-19

If boris get back as PM, it means de facto that person who was PM during the elderly murders / massacre will be back again.

I guess this case was never even talked much there ?

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

. Brits are the closest thing we have to an American Democrat Party member, even the liberal-right are lefties over there.

Comical as the US Constitution reads like Communist Doctrine in " All Are Equal "

That is the Deceleration of Independence, one of our trifecta founding documents.

The American temper could better be described as "One From Many"

Now this takes flexibility in dualistic thought as this can be scrutinized from an Individual or Collectivist vantage.

Like Newtons experiments with light...

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Trump put everyone's panties in a bunch... and y'all protest seemingly any political figure that lands on them shores, you know with like balloons and pots of boiling water.

Trump got us heading back on track so fast it was mind numbing, we all thought those days were gone forever... surely he can fix the Brits up but the only solution there would be to tear it all down and replicate our fine superior Newtonian political institution.

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 09:32 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Rishi is running now.

Rees - Mogg claims Boris is running but I didn't really read what he has to say as I'd prefer not to have to vomit.

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 09:32 AM
link   

The only thing Trump seems to have your nation headed toward is another civil war iamthevirus as unfortunate as the case may be.

The division is palpable amongst your populace down to some of the man's antics, actions, and inflammatory speech.

As much as the U.K is divided right down the middle neither side is threatening the other with violence or insurrection just yet.

Far as i can establish Trump has his own problems to contend with right now, and for the foreseeable future, and that future is not in UK politics.

Any road unless a general election is called, which the current Tory administration is not going to wish to see happen for a couple of years given their current standing.

The next PM will be a Tory put forward and decided upon by the same crowd that gave us Theresa May, Boris Johnson and Lizz Truss.
edit on 23-10-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 09:43 AM
link   

We are very far from that civil war business, that was actually propagated by the leftists and the mass media, they always do that when we One From Many's come to hold our politicians feet to the fire.

Trump has definitely had his feet held to the fire by the left and that f#ucker just will not burn! (speaks volumes)

We may appear divided politically but never doubt our resolve... Americans in times of need overcome our obstacles when we transform into that "one from many"

That's our flexibility... the salt and pepper seasoning, retaining Individualism with the ability to be collective in nature when times/circumstances call for it.

Newtonianism and the Constitution

This form of government was founded upon the principles of the Enlightenment... England's political foundations predate the Dark Ages.

English 2.0

edit on 23-10-2022 by iamthevirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Would you mind not derailing this thread with Trump stuff, please?

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Well, cheers for the offer but i don't think we are wanting Trump.

There is no possible manner in which he could ever be considered for the position of Prime Minister.

Given that he is not a member of any political party or a Minister of Parliament.

I would also point out to you that the UK is comprised of 4 member nations, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland,
not just England.

Our principles and foundations come from all over the island.
edit on 23-10-2022 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 10:14 AM
link   

We are very far from that civil war business,......

Judging by what gets posted by many of our American members that doesn't seem to be true.
Many have been consistently trying to convince us that the US is on the brink of complete meltdown, that you are broken in two and that major confrontation is inevitable in the near future.

.... that was actually propagated by the leftists and the mass media,.....

That is propagated by people of all political persuasions on an all too regular basis.....nothing to do with MSM.
If I had to say which side is pushing it most I'd have to say its the Right and so called Libertarians.

Trump has definitely had his feet held to the fire by the left and that f#ucker just will not burn! (speaks volumes)

Bollocks, he just can't disappear into the background. He absolutely HAS to be the centre of attention.....because for him everything is about 'Me, me, me'.

He's yesterday's man in a world that has moved on.

Its not my place to advise the USA on how to go about things; but my take on it is that Trump needs to back the # up, enjoy what's left of his life and let America work out how to move forward. (First step on that road would be to get rid of that moron Biden!).

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 10:29 AM
link   

England's political foundations predate the Dark Ages.

Go and find any Survey Of Government Systems around the world.

The UK comes above The US every time. So we will stay in the Dark Ages thanks.

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

One of my colleagues used to deal with someone who had a red ink stamp.

He used to return her letters with "BOLLOCKS" stamped all over them.

Wish there was a stamp I could use on here, sometimes.

edit on 23-10-2022 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I think we'd wear it out.

We do seem to say it a lot in response to some of our colonial friends.

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Well, cheers for the offer but i don't think we are wanting Trump.

Well here you go friend, I offer something else...

In Congress, July 4, 1776

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America, When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Can you start your own thread, please?

You are way off topic?

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

England's political foundations predate the Dark Ages.

Go and find any Survey Of Government Systems around the world.

The UK comes above The US every time. So we will stay in the Dark Ages thanks.

You just haven't caught up yet... that is why world governments look to our Laws in which model their own.

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Can you start your own thread, please?

You are way off topic?

damn Carpy, I am just replying to people... that Enlightenment business didn't get your knickers in a knot no?

ok ok I'll leave y'all squabble.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join