It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain's prime minister just resigned -- again

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Me too in the 80s.

Mind my gran would change the channel or make me leave the room, when what she thought were the naughty bits came on, which generally amounted to the chases at the end of the show.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Benny is quite young in that meme/gif...

Poor kid it's like someone is pushing him behind that podium just to take all the incoming rotten tomatoes.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 02:22 PM
link   

They stopped making those kind of " shows" and i stopped watching TV

Thought the internet still has many stored ..

Sorry goes OFF TOPIC

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 02:38 PM
link   
What do you guys make of this?

Too emotional? Battery charge too low? Perhaps it needs more oil? Something wrong with the algorithm?
edit on 24/10/22 by Droogie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Give him time?

How much #ing time do The Tories need?
They've been in power since 2010 and failed miserably....why does anyone think Rishi is going to be any different?

As has been said; just more Austerity due to the serial mismanagement by The Tories....but sure, they'll spin it as something else and somehow blame anyone and everyone else.

Austerity = the deliberate targeting and victimisation of the most needy, vulnerable, deserving and poor in our society whilst the elites - the very people who have manipulated and maneuvered Sunak into Downing Street - continue to profit and prosper.

Rishi has talked the talk about Levelling Up....but I guarantee we won't see anything of actual substance until a few months prior to next election when he'll need all those Red Wall votes.
Same with immigration.
Same with help for small businesses and the self-employed.

And the ordinary, everyday man in the street will continue to be ignored and treat with disdain with absolutely no-one shouting out for them and/or looking to represent their wishes and best interests.

An absolute joke....but I expected nothing other.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I just heard some lady named Risky Sunak is the new Prime Minister...at least for a few months.

Do Britain Prime Ministers have the power/ability to ruin the country, like our U.S. President is doing to us?

None of your usual emojis, so are we to honestly take this seriously? If so, are you sure you know how to search the internet?

When you understand ALL politicians have the ability to ruin everything that they touch you will find far more happiness in life.
edit on 000000p3104America/Chicago10242022110 by UpThenDown because: typo

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Well, our useless PMs get their comeuppance.

Unfortunately, your useless Presidents just go on and on.

We have a democracy, you?

Not so much.

posted on Oct, 24 2022 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Droogie

So the WEF got their man into the Job at last.

not many more leaders required to create the single World Government - just need a few signatures and you're locked in.

Canada, USA, France, Belgium, Netherlands, NZ and now the UK and many more.

Happy days the German Reich are on the way to getting the dream of world dominance.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2

Happy days the German Reich are on the way to getting the dream of world dominance.

If you say so, then again the UK are not the ones with armed vigilantes out in force claiming to be guarding drop boxes and intimidating voters by way of their very presence.

All they need is brown shirts and there is your Nazi Reich in spades.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 04:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn
We are all in this together, as they vote themselves another huge pay rise. You dont hear any more scandals about allowances as they just changed the rules so they can actually claim for those things now.

They’re all rats, that need putting in a sack.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

A new PM who's wife don't pay British tax on her IT business which she holds a stake of £835 million
down to ""Special Legal Status"".

Canny make it up really.

Nothing to see here people now please move along.

I'm sure Sunak will be the best thing for the UK since sliced bread.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 04:47 AM
link   

I rarely agree with the Labour politicians in the UK, but agree it is time for a general election. The Tory infighting has gotten beyond stupid and is only damaging the UK now.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
The Tory infighting has gotten beyond stupid and is only damaging the UK now.

Cheers

Sadly, Sunak's statement about restoring the country's confidence by fixing' the party in time for the next GE sums up how completely he lacks any understanding or connection with the people or our concerns and values.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Jacob Rees Mogg resigned.

Have to say i wont be sorry to see him go.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Jacob Rees Mogg resigned.

Have to say i wont be sorry to see him go.

He's the definition of a smug arrogant politician.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 10:27 AM
link   
One of the most remarkable things about Rishi Sunak's coronation as unelected Prime Minister is the complete media silence over his family's dishonest and evasive tax arrangements.

It's not like media commentators could have all simultaneously forgotten the Sunak's scandalous financial arrangements, because the story only broke a few months ago.

Surely it should have been worth mentioning that the man who was vying to become Prime Minister was falsely claiming to be a full-time resident of the United States while he was living in Downing Street, and writing tax law for ordinary British citizens to follow?

Surely it's also worth pointing out that while Rishi was pretending to be a full-time US resident, his wife was claiming to be domiciled in India, in order to avoid paying tax on her overseas fortunes?

In any sensible country a scandal like this would be career-ending, but standards and accountability in British politics are now so non-existent that Sunak didn't just walk through this scandal unscathed, he was elevated to Prime Minister within months, with virtually no mention of it on the BBC, or in capitalist media during either of his leadership campaigns!
Somehow nobody at the BBC, and nobody in any of Britain's capitalist media outfits saw fit to remind the public of the Sunak's incredibly dodgy financial arrangements.

This deliberate and concerted wall of media silence over this scandal should be ringing alarm bells, because if the people who are supposed to be holding the powerful to account are letting Sunak get away with something as egregious as this by memory holing it, what else will they be letting him get away with now that he's Prime Minister?

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Less than a week ago, Suella Braverman had to resign as Home Secretary for breaking the Ministerial Code.

Sunak has just appointed her as Home Secretary.

What the ....................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

I'm sure Sunak's scandals will surprise very few people, both inside and outside UK.

All in all the guy is what he is: just another servant of the corporate and financial oligarchy he serves. Nothing new. We all know what goverments are: a network of servants within a global Ponzi scheme.

Worry not. He'll die soon.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 11:40 AM
link   

little confused aren't you - The drop boxes being guarded is wrong.
Do you mean the boxes should be unguard and allowed to be compromised?

Why have any form of security on any Voting infrastructure if you're not concerned about cheating or perhaps you need the fix to be on the winning side.

posted on Oct, 25 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: puzzled2

If you say so, then again the UK are not the ones with armed vigilantes out in force claiming to be guarding drop boxes and intimidating voters by way of their very presence.

All they need is brown shirts and there is your Nazi Reich in spades.

Senior Citizens in lawn chairs with binoculars and umbrellas.

Salute

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join