It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britain's prime minister just resigned -- again

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

It'll take a Trump to straighten you folks out.

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Boris 2.0 will be a reality IF the following interview is truly indicative of 80% of the Conservative Party Members' mentality, who will be voting next week.

All this IF Boris really has 100+ nominations from Tory MPs... less than 60 have publicly backed him, thus far.

So, the crux of the Tory Party member's interview...
Sunak, born in England = not British;
Boris, born in the USA = all British beef.
Oh, and apparently, half of all al-Qaeda are British, too!

edit on 22/10/2022 by Encia22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: iamthevirus
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

It'll take a Trump to straighten you folks out.

Do you mean like he has divided your country ?

Yes, that should work well.

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Imagine if Trump did run for PM here (I know, but.....) and lost?

We'd never hear the end of it.

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Imagine if Trump did run for PM here (I know, but.....) and lost?

We'd never hear the end of it.

We would just shrug our shoulders and move on.

We are not as obsessed as some i could mention.

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Yes.

There may be some muttering under our breath, too.

Probably not thread after thread whining on and on forever about it though?

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: iamthevirus

Sounds tacky, to be honest, and rather ostentatious and pretentious.

posted on Oct, 22 2022 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Yeah but we can back that s#it up, that's the difference.

Ha ha ha.....
Have you guys ever actually won a war in the last hundred years or so without us having your back?

....and you have the likes of Trump purging the republican party, purifying and refining it.

Which is why The Republican Party is still split and fighting each other and Trump is yesterdays man trying desperately to cling on to some vestige of relevance to fuel his ego driven narcissism.

Well British politics are very quantum,....

British politics is #ed up, its broken.
The difference is; we know it....you however are apparently under the illusion that you have the perfect political system and everything is great.

....the opposite of individualism,....

From the man who is adamant that there is only left or right....not much room for 'individualism' there is there ?

....We're just awesome, admit it!

At least you're trying to show a sense of humour.

It's Yankee humor you may not get it

Of course we get it, its just you're not very good at it.

It'll take a Trump to straighten you folks out

Unfortunately his CV doesn't make good reading, after all he did a pretty crap job of doing it over there....hence him being redundant and desperately searching for a bit of relevance.
edit on 22/10/22 by Freeborn because: typo

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 04:35 AM
link   
So far only Penny Mordaunt has announced she is running for the leadership ahead of tomorrows vote by MPs , reports say Sunak and Johnson held talks late into the night which may explain why Sunak hasn't thrown his hat into the ring yet.

If anyone remembers Dallas and the Bobby in the shower episode it could be we will experience that this week , Boris isn't dead and this whole series of events was all a bad dream , Johnson is still PM and Sunak his Chancellor.

Stability returns , Remoaners defeated and Brexit is safe.

And they all lived happily ever after.

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

That post got old quickly.

Rishi Sunak has now thrown his hat into the ring.

The United Kingdom is a great country but we face a profound economic crisis.

That’s why I am standing to be Leader of the Conservative Party and your next Prime Minister.

I want to fix our economy, unite our Party and deliver for our country.
twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 05:19 AM
link   
I was mulling the exact same thing this morning, reminded me more of that meeting between Blair and Brown....
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

Following his defeat by Liz Truss a few weeks I'm kind of surprised Sunak is going to try again against a stronger candidate , if Tory party members didn't vote for the better of the two last time I doubt they will when he's up against a man with experience of the job and the vocal backing of the membership , but I guess the last few weeks have shown us anything can happen in politics these days.

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Those MP's who voted Truss in the last leadership election should be banned from voting this time.

Obvious they haven't got a clue on what they are doing.

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Maybe they voted for Truss because they just didn't want Sunak, no?
What would be more interesting and telling is how many who voted for Truss last time will vote for Sunak this time.
Either way, if Boris does declare his intention to stand, that will pitch him directly against 'Brutus'. Then it will be down to the party members which of the two they want. I'll hedge my bets and say membership will vote for Boris.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Is everyone forgetting just why Johnson was removed from office?

The man is an arrogant, bumbling oaf who thinks he is above the rules and laws that apply to everyone else.
He consistently lied to both Parliament and the British people and his Premiership was just one bungling mis-managed affair after another.
He promised so much....and delivered on so little.

I can understand how some may think him to be the best of a really bad bunch....but its just making more of a mockery of our political system.

The reasons why Boris was deemed unfit to continue as PM are just as valid today as they were back in July.

edit on 23/10/22 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Still can't spell words properly, like "colour" and "Aluminium" and so on.

So are you British or are you French? I mean we know it's a loan word and all but did you seriously have to borrow the accent too?

So tell us masters of the English language, with all math being plural... just how much is a thousand million dollars?

I mean there has to be a more efficient way to say that because it almost sounds funny when you hear an adult say something along the lines of "look mum I got thousand million million dollars" (or pounds whatever)

Sometimes I feel like I've went back to elementary school when I hear a British physicists trying to explain the math (singular) to me.

I'd swear sometimes y'all (you all) can't (can not) count past a (one) million, everything is a million million million million million miles away.

edit on 23-10-2022 by iamthevirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

British politics is #ed up, its broken.
The difference is; we know it....

Touche'

From the man who is adamant that there is only left or right....not much room for 'individualism' there is there ?

Well there is only left and right, your perceived notion of grey areas is just an illusion... it's more like salt and pepper, one is either left or right, a collectivist or an individualist at the root, we just season eachother with our spice.

The sprinkles of pepper in the Individualists salt is collectivism, and the salt in the Collectivists pepper is individualism.

That way we're all mixed in to the melting pot and it's a balance of flavor game we're all playing (over here anyway)

In a sense it is intended that we are forced to work with one another instead of staying divided up into little bowls... you're Dim Sum and we're Happy Family.

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

He consistently lied to both Parliament and the British people and his Premiership was just one bungling mis-managed affair after another.

He also delivered Brexit when on one else would , tackled the pandemic while keeping the economy beating expectations and was at the lead of the European response to Putin's aggression in Ukraine.

If we are to have another Tory PM I would prefer the tried and tested candidate with a decent track record to a mega rich former Hedge Fund manager who's hero is Margaret Thatcher.

Johnson's hero is Churchill , I think that more appropriate at this time of turbulence.

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Notice in my analogy how the Individualists are the salt of the earth, because it is all the colors of the spectrum when mixed make up the white light in which we view the world.

And the Collectivists are dirty rotten peppercorns that will make you sneeze and cry and cough and choke.

The Individualists are The Force, Collectivists -- the Dark Side!

Stuck in the middle with you... (the multicultural rainbow, unrefined nor recombined) as evidenced by Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon cover art missing/omitting recombination.

posted on Oct, 23 2022 @ 08:21 AM
link   

tackled the pandemic.

Allowing elderly to be released from hospital into care homes, thus increasing deaths amongst the elderly.

Public Inquiry still on going into this and other factors.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join