It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Ukraine Update Thread - part 3

page: 325
<< 322  323  324    326  327  328 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I don't think it will happen. Is he going by plane? Accidents do happen.....

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 12:41 PM
link   
1 September Update

Ukrainian forces reportedly conducted the largest series of drone strikes against targets within Russia on the night of August 31 to September 1.

Ukrainian forces continued to conduct assaults in Kursk Oblast on September 1, but there were no confirmed Ukrainian advances.

Russian forces recently advanced north of Kharkiv City, southeast of Kupyansk, southeast of Pokrovsk, and southwest of Donetsk City.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
Putins ego will soon be writing cheques that he can't cash.
If Putin's arrested tomorrow, he may find it difficult to cash checks in jail.

But many are concerned that Mongolia may not fulfill their obligation to arrest Putin on his ICC international arrest warrant for war crimes, when he visits there tomorrow.

Putin to visit Mongolia despite ICC arrest warrant

Putin will travel to Mongolia on Sept. 3, according to the Kremlin. Mongolia's foreign ministry announced the visit on its website, saying the Putin will meet with the country's prime minister and the speaker of the parliament.

It will be Putin's first trip to an ICC member country since the court issued the arrest warrant for the Russian president last year over the forced transfer of children to Russia after Moscow’s all-out invasion of Ukraine. Under the Rome Statute governing the court, member countries are obliged to act on ICC arrest warrants if the subject is on their territory.

He’s already there lol

Putin arrives in Mongolia, a member of the ICC that issued an arrest warrant for him

Russian President Vladimir Putin arrived Monday in Mongolia, a member of the international court that issued an arrest warrant for him.

The official visit, in which he is to meet Tuesday with Mongolian leader Ukhnaa Khurelsukh, is Putin’s first to a member country of the International Criminal Court since it issued a warrant for his arrest nearly 18 months ago on charges of war crimes in Ukraine.

Putin and the Mongolian leader on Tuesday are to attend a ceremony marking the 1939 victory of Soviet and Mongolian troops over the Japanese army that had taken control of Manchuria in northeastern China. Thousands of soldiers died in months of fighting in a dispute over where the border was between Manchuria and Mongolia.

abcnews.go.com...

edit on 2-9-2024 by Imhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Imhere

www.msn.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Update on the Ukrainian advance and drone warfare in Kursk.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Imhere
He’s already there lol

Putin arrives in Mongolia, a member of the ICC that issued an arrest warrant for him

It looks like Mongolia has enough soldiers with guns to overpower Putin's security detail if they wanted to. Soldiers in very fancy uniforms. They still have until Putin leaves to take Zelensky's call so he can try to change their mind and talk Mongolia into following the law they are supposed to follow.

Anyway, China was apparently trying to get a sweet deal for itself by taking advantage of Putin's desperation to find another customer for his gas, so negotiations broke down between China and Russia over the proposed pipeline through Mongolia. I don't see how Putin thinks he can fix that with a visit to Mongolia, they are mostly just a pipeline route; the problem where the deal broke down was in China because they wanted cheap gas and thought Russia was desperate enough to agree to terms favorable to China.

Mongolia pulls out, Russia and China can't agree on "Power of Siberia-2"

The "Power of Siberia-2" project has become entangled in broader geopolitical and economic disputes. According to MGIMO Associate Professor A. Kireev, negotiations between Gazprom and CNPC have stalled over pricing issues. CNPC is asking for terms similar to those on the Russian domestic market, which Gazprom finds unacceptable. Meanwhile, China isn’t rushing to invest in the project, as noted by Li Lifan, an expert from the Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Maybe if we send them enough drag queen homosexuals to read to every kindergarten in Mongolia, they will comply and go ahead and arrest Putin?

In any case, History Legends adds another update on the analysis of the collapse of defensive lines in Donbass and the current vulnerability of Pokrovsk.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Glad you are so delighted. Go Russia!.....Zzzzzzz

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2
well my country is not a party to the ICC, so my nation state destroying, border sovereignty violating, society ending leaders of the past have nothing to worry about either. Am I delighting in anything, or simply posting an update? I tend to leave the dramatic theatrics to you Europeans. I may interject a mild opinion, but frankly am glad the United States never has to worry about such pesky European institutions like the ICC. I guess I can delight in that.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 03:48 PM
link   

The ICC is not just a European thing:

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2
If it is based in Europe, it serves European interests globally more than anyone else. Now I thought we were doing Ukraine updates, not general European institutions and their growing impotence at enforcing their will upon the world?? Is there a thread for that?

On this topic, I have not heard any official official statements on the true cause of the F-16 crash, which we can all see has been swept under the rug in both European and American media and pretended it is an event of no relevance may as well not have happened. We got allegations of Friendly fire by a member of Zelensky's political party, Zelensky himself states it was just pilot error and fired the air force chief, Russians want to float the idea they may have shot it down by missile or EW, but I just want an official story here. All I have heard is conflicting reports.

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 04:26 PM
link   

You brought up the European thing?

posted on Sep, 2 2024 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

BOGUS .....

Bend Over and Grease Up Sucker ............

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 01:58 AM
link   
2 September Update

Russian authorities detained Leningrad Military District (LMD) Deputy Commander Major General Valery Mumindzhanov on corruption charges on September 2.

Russian forces recently regained lost positions east of Korenevo amid continued Ukrainian assaults in Kursk Oblast on September 2.

Russian forces recently advanced in the Siversk, Chasiv Yar, and Pokrovsk directions and southwest of Donetsk City.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 3 2024 @ 05:43 PM
link   
War leaks released another video of mostly previously unseen Kursk offensive footage. There is some really nice footage of them busting stuff up with nice American and European equipment. I am as usual impressed by what these machines are capable of.
Also a handful of special forces operations including successful clearing of enemy positions. This footage is from August 2024 week one.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 05:35 AM
link   
3 September Update

Russian forces struck civilian infrastructure and a military educational facility in Poltava City with two Iskander-M ballistic missiles, killing and wounding a significant number of people, as part of a wider strike series on the night of September 2 to 3.

Russian forces recently advanced near Toretsk and Pokrovsk and southwest of Donetsk City.

Russian sources claimed that Ukrainian forces continued ground attacks in Kursk Oblast but did not advance on September 3.

More at URL above.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Russia blames West for changes to nuclear doctrine

"Russia has said the agenda of Washington and the "collective West" has forced the country to change its nuclear doctrine.

The existing nuclear doctrine, set out in a decree by President Vladimir Putin in 2020, says Russia may use nuclear weapons in case of a nuclear attack by an enemy or a conventional attack that threatens the existence of the state.

The new revisions have not been detailed but come "against the backdrop of the challenges and threats provoked by the countries of the so-called collective West", Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov said today.

Moscow is taking into account the possibility of Ukraine using US-supplied long-range weapons in its attacks deep into the Russian territory, he added.

Russia's foreign ministry also warned the West and Ukraine this morning that Moscow will give an immediate response in the event of long-range strikes on Russian territory by Ukraine.

Maria Zakharova, Russia's foreign ministry spokeswoman, said the response would be "extremely painful".

She also said the West "should think about the risks of further escalation of the Ukraine conflict" and that Western politicians are losing touch with reality." news.sky.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

A worrying development.

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 08:56 AM
link   
A worrying development for sure Mr Carpy. The relentless baiting of Russia needs to stop. Things weren't and aren't perfect in the east but this whole inter slav post FSU mafia war is getting out of control. It only takes one nuke even tactical and it's proper game on for all of us on Planet Earth. What total nonsense yet the way things are progressing the end game is looking that way

posted on Sep, 4 2024 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

Yet the only country threatening to actually use nukes is, Russia?

I don't know if one tactical nuke on a non NATO member would trigger WW3 but I wouldn't want to find out the hard way.

top topics

<< 322  323  324    326  327  328 >>

join