It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortions - Why so bad?

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
a reply to: Annee

See Annee, you are basically not believed because facts that the pill can be neutralized by certain medication is dismissed, because it messes with the existing confirmation bias.

She is not believed because WE ALL KNOW there are only two 100% effective forms of birth control.
Abstinence and Abortion.
This is known before making the CHOICE to have sex.
Her "choice" led to the violent, premeditated killing of another human being.
That may sound cruel, but it is a fact.
edit on 30-11-2022 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

I honestly believe most people engaging in the act of sex for pleasure don't make a conscious choice to get pregnant, yes, it is irresponsible, but it is not a choice, especially considering around 25% are under the age of 20 years old who seek abortion after the fact.

How many responsible under 20 year olds do you know?

Here is an interesting study on age and responsibility for you to mull over.

That's right: According to these researchers, if you're under 24 years old, you're basically still a teenager, not a full-blown adult — not yet, at least. And if you're in your late 20s, you've basically only been an adult for a few years, and you really can't be held fully accountable for your actions. OK fine, that's not totally true, but still.

www.elitedaily.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quadrivium

a reply to: Grenade

I mean really, I am not playing semantics here. And her BS is legitimate when it comes to a woman's right to choose, because as I theorized previously. If an embryo is deemed viable at a certain stage then it may gain personhood, therefore a woman's right to choose abortion may legally then equal murder.

If this comes to pass then a woman's right to choose what is done with that embryo is taken away. But why should it matter to the woman? She was willing to have the embryo destroyed in the first place? I'm missing the rationale behind why a woman would care if the embryo was saved for freezing as opposed to having it destroyed, except for choice(?).

I have already told you.
It is not about the "right to choose".
It is not about "Reproduction Rights".
To some all that matters is control or the lose there of.
They do not want to save the life.
They want the control to TAKE it.

Perhaps you are beginning to see.
Perhaps not.

I think you are misleading yourself in what women feel at the time of decision making regarding aborting their pregnancy. If you've never been through it, I feel you really can't judge, especially judging those women in a generalizing fashion.

I am not judging.
Read her post. She is telling you EXACTLY what I am, just with conflation added in.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I honestly believe most people engaging in the act of sex for pleasure don't make a conscious choice to get pregnant, yes, it is irresponsible, but it is not a choice, especially considering around 25% are under the age of 20 years old who seek abortion after the fact.

That's right: According to these researchers, if you're under 24 years old, you're basically still a teenager, not a full-blown adult — not yet, at least. And if you're in your late 20s, you've basically only been an adult for a few years, and you really can't be held fully accountable for your actions. OK fine, that's not totally true, but still.

www.elitedaily.com...

Never said they made a choice to get pregnant.
I said they made a choice to have sex, knowing that pregnancy was a possible outcome.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 11:40 AM
link   

www.elitedaily.com...

I said they made a choice to have sex, knowing that pregnancy was a possible outcome.

How do you know what they were thinking or what they knew? Getting pregnant may never have crossed their minds.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 11:43 AM
link   

See Annee, you are basically not believed because facts that the pill can be neutralized by certain medication is dismissed, because it messes with the existing confirmation bias.

She is not believed because WE ALL KNOW there are only two 100% effective forms of birth control.
Abstinence and Abortion.

That's not true. When women are given the pill they are told by their doctors that it is 99.7% effective with perfect use.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 11:49 AM
link   

www.elitedaily.com...

How do you know what they were thinking or what they knew? Getting pregnant may never have crossed their minds.

It is a known possibility.
Granted, in today's world there may be some very ignorant people, having sex, that do not know how babies are made, but I am pretty sure that number is minuscule.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Abstinence and Abortion.

That's not true. When women are given the pill they are told by their doctors that it is 99.7% effective with perfect use.

So, they knew it was not 100% effective, how is what I said not true?

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Abstinence and Abortion.

So, you knew it was not 100% effective, how is what I said not true?

What you said is not true because the possibility of getting pregnant is next to nil.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 11:55 AM
link   

www.elitedaily.com...

Granted, in today's world there may be some very ignorant people, having sex, that do not know how babies are made, but I am pretty sure that number is minuscule.

You make a lot of assumptions about others.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Abstinence and Abortion.

So, you knew it was not 100% effective, how is what I said not true?

What you said is not true because the possibility of getting pregnant is next to nil.

What I said is "WE ALL KNOW there are only two 100% effective forms of birth control.
Abstinence and Abortion
."
That is a fact.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 12:02 PM
link   

www.elitedaily.com...

Am I lying?
You may not like what I am saying, but can you disprove any of it?
There are people like you, who may not completely agree with abortion.
There are people like sookie and Anne, who see it as a form of control. These people are akin to slavers and nazis in the way they think.
They honestly believe human beings are less than human or property to be killed as they wish, when they wish.
These people are why I hold to the stance I do.
Abortion is the violent premeditated killing of another human being for convenience, in 99% of cases.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 12:04 PM
link   

www.elitedaily.com...

Am I lying?
There are people like sookie and Anne, who see it as a form of control. These people are akin to slavers and nazis in way the way they think.
They honestly believe human beings are less than human or property to be killed as they wish, when they wish.
Abortion is the violent premeditated killing of another human being for convenience, in 99% of cases.

Then why doesn't the pro-lifers/government/religious faction make it convenient for women to keep their children in a healthy and economically sound way? They don't care about women's lives - that is not pro-life.
edit on 30-11-2022 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 12:06 PM
link   

There are people like sookie and Anne, who see it as a form of control. These people are akin to slavers and nazis in way the way they think.

People like us represent the majority of the western world, where abortion on demand is not only legal, it's government sponsored, usually up to viability, with liberal exceptions for the health and wellbeing of the woman.

Annee and I are not the outliers here. You are.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 12:07 PM
link   

www.elitedaily.com...

Am I lying?

Then why doesn't the pro-lifers/government/religious faction make it convenient for women to keep their children in a healthy and economically sound way? They don't care about women's lives - that is not pro-life.

As you have seen in this thread, given an alternative, would they take it?
Why is so much spent by the Pro-Death cult to kill human beings in the womb than trying to help those out of the womb?

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

People like us represent the majority of the western world, where abortion on demand is not only legal, it's government sponsored, usually up to viability, with liberal exceptions for the health and wellbeing of the woman.

AKA birth control.

Annee and I are not the outliers here. You are.

History.
I am patient.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 12:26 PM
link   

AKA birth control.

AKA "insurance".

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 12:31 PM
link   

www.elitedaily.com...

Am I lying?

As you have seen in this thread, given an alternative, would they take it?
Why is so much spent by the Pro-Death cult to kill human beings in the womb than trying to help those out of the womb?

Is that first question a question or an assertion that in your opinion, women would not choose to keep their children?

Second question - because nothing is spent on alternatives for women to choose.

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 12:32 PM
link   

You didn’t answer the question. What’s morally good or virtuous about abortion?

posted on Nov, 30 2022 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Yet there’s NOTHING virtuous or moral about the act of having an abortion.

new topics

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join